New tier of color mastery!

Options
Wouldn't it be nice to have another level of color mastery after you level over 2500 points? A whole new tier with better rewards, whole new world of fun and better matchmaking for new players who often stays in the gold just not to meet someone with 5 masterpieces and 5 mythics in their deck...

I really think that is time to create new tier after I don't even know how many years.

It would take some changes to events also so you don't have to lvl up cards by 6 points per battle in training grounds, maybe even a new kind of event or new story mode chapters (also my big dream) that works as training dummy which gives you at least 20+ points.

I believe that it would improve the game experience for most of the players. Although I already hear the laments of some people abut how is it useless and now they need to level up their masteries to get new ranks and so on, I really believe we need this to be done, and we need it ASAP!

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I totally agree, the fact that color mastery has not changed since Innistrad (seriously) is not ideal.

Even if there isn't going to be another tier, the mastery needed to tier up should significantly increase at all levels to reflect how many more cards there are now than there were 5 years ago (SERIOUSLY) when mastery was designed.
  • Mepistopheles
    Mepistopheles Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    well new players would need more cards leveled than older ones if the tier requirements would increase so I don't think this should be the way.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    well new players would need more cards leveled than older ones if the tier requirements would increase so I don't think this should be the way.
    Depends on how they implement it.  If its just a readjustment of the requirements for each tier you'd just see a lot of players dropped depending on where their mastery is.  Which isn't ideal, but it keeps it a level playing field for everyone.
  • Mepistopheles
    Mepistopheles Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I believe that if enough players start shouting out loud to do something about it thr developers has to do about it sooner or later.
    Just keep on posting here so they see that players are mad about it and they want to see the change.
  • Lossibob
    Lossibob Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd really like to see the storyline reimplemented, definitely. The current "training" additions aren't particularly useful nor enjoyable, whereas the storyline could be used as a better way to learn the new card mechanics, by using the mechanics as the achievement requirement.
    The card mastery was dropped (I believe) in favour of the new levelling system, but again, it would be nice to see it returned. It was something more visually tangible than he current system.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    I believe that if enough players start shouting out loud to do something about it the developers has to do about it sooner or later.
    Just keep on posting here so they see that players are mad about it and they want to see the change.
    Ah, to be new here and optimistic again.

Sadly the lack of new story mode since forever (and a few dozen other assorted issues) proves that the devs don't actually care about what changes the players want.  Heck, we've been asking for new or reworked Mastery tiers for years too and the closest we've ever come to a change was the Level/XP system, which simultaneously ignores the issues that we wanted new tiers to fix and added new problems by screwing over tons of long-term players.

I really hope you're right on this one, but man is it hard to believe.