Facebook Gifts

I have about 20 friends who play MPQ. Gifts were spread out evenly until recently. For the past week or so gifts are only being sent to one friend. Others in my alliance are experiencing the same thing. Could someone please look into this?

Comments

• Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    I second this issue, started recently.  Please address!
  • angryelvis
    angryelvis Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Ditto, for the last 2 weeks. Another person in my alliance as well.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    You guys get gifts?
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    MackDan1 said:
    I have about 20 friends who play MPQ. Gifts were spread out evenly until recently. For the past week or so gifts are only being sent to one friend. Others in my alliance are experiencing the same thing. Could someone please look into this?
    Thanks for sharing this!  We will share this with the team to look into it further.  Quick question, have you tried the suggestion in the FAQ below.  Also may be worth trying log into and out of Facebook as well.

https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=common-questions&f=why-am-i-not-receiving-facebook-gifts-from-my-friends&p=all
  • nbperp
    nbperp Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    LakeStone said:
    MackDan1 said:
    Thanks for sharing this!  We will share this with the team to look into it further.  Quick question, have you tried the suggestion in the FAQ below.  Also may be worth trying log into and out of Facebook as well.

https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=common-questions&f=why-am-i-not-receiving-facebook-gifts-from-my-friends&p=all
    The directions there don't seem to work. I can get to MPQ under "Your Games" but there is no gear icon or options tab.

I've been sending gifts to the same 2 people for a while now, would like to correct.
  • LakeStone
    nbperp said:
    LakeStone said:
    MackDan1 said:

The directions there don't seem to work. I can get to MPQ under "Your Games" but there is no gear icon or options tab.

I've been sending gifts to the same 2 people for a while now, would like to correct.
    Thanks for making the attempt.  Let me follow-up with the team on this.  
  • nbperp
    LakeStone said:
    nbperp said:
    LakeStone said:
    MackDan1 said:

Thanks for making the attempt.  Let me follow-up with the team on this.  
    It's a week later, just checking up on this. I'm still sending gifts to the same 2 folks over and over.
  • Theghouse
    LakeStone said:
    MackDan1 said:

I cannot even get to a tab called "your games" as instructed in the help article.  It's seems to have been replaced in my Facebook account in both web browser and app versions by a "gaming" page, where MPQ does not show up at all.

If I search "marvel puzzle quest" in Facebook and go to the apps result tab, I can see MPQ there.  It displays that I currently only have 2 friends playing, and one of them is the only one that shows up in game when I can send a gift.

I have also received gifts from friends not on this list that I cannot even send to.  But receiving gifts is also much less frequent.
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Still only sharing with one friend. Not receiving any.
  • LakeStone
    This bug is currently being reviewed and we don't have a date yet on when it will be fixed.  Once we have more info we will update this FAQ here - https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=current-known-issues&f=known-issue-facebook-gifting-bug-2-11-21&l=en

Thank you for attempting the troubleshooting options and sharing with us as this information helps.
  • nbperp
    It's not really clear how we helped you troubleshoot. You asked us to follow a set of instructions. We pointed out that the instructions do not work, no one was able to get to that gear symbol you mention. 

But what you are saying is that you guys don't intend to come back to this thread to update anyone when there's something to report, the obligation is now on all of us to... keep reading everything in the FAQ? This is a pretty disappointing answer. And, I just want to be super clear, I don't mind that you don't know when it's going to be fixed, I mind that you're essentially saying that you can't even be bothered to use this thread (which I've set to email me update notifications so I can have an idea when a change happens); and that you expect us to periodically read your FAQ to stay up to speed on an error we have reported to you.
  • Theghouse
    It appears this issue has been fixed as I now see 3 different Facebook friends when it gives me the option to send gifts.

• benthemad
    benthemad Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    LakeStone said:
    This bug is currently being reviewed and we don't have a date yet on when it will be fixed.  Once we have more info we will update this FAQ here - https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=current-known-issues&f=known-issue-facebook-gifting-bug-2-11-21&l=en

Thank you for attempting the troubleshooting options and sharing with us as this information helps.
    So, the description of that bug doesn't match the issue I'm experiencing.  I have several hundred fb friends who play, but my gifts go to the same 3 people every time.
  • abmoraz
    benthemad said:
    LakeStone said:

So, the description of that bug doesn't match the issue I'm experiencing.  I have several hundred fb friends who play, but my gifts go to the same 3 people every time.

Same.  I have most of my alliance as FB friends, but only 2 (the same 2) show up every time.  I don't get the rest as options.
  • Theghouse
    While I initially reported that this bug appeared to be fixed, on my last attempt to send gifts it is now back to the bug where I only see one person available to send to.  It is the same one person that I saw when it was bugged before.
  • Theghouse
    Still bugged.
  • Theghouse
    Still bugged.
  • abmoraz
    Still Bugged
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Still not fixed
  • nbperp
    Not a fix, but this worked for me .... I unfriended the 2 accounts that were repeatedly showing up. Now I get 3 random friends again.

I have not tried readding those friends, but since they were both game-only accounts I don't feel awful having removed them.