Sighclops in latest

2»

Comments

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 80 Match Maker
    I just got one 5* cover (Cyclops) from 57 pulls.

Has anyone ever had a run that bad?
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    Why were so many of you waiting for Cyclops to pull?  From what I've heard he's not very good. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kross said:

I did 3/40 which isn’t as bad but last time I opened I had a 0/63 run. My pulls have been abysmal as of late. Super cold streak. I keep hoping that it’ll turn around but it’s actually getting worse. 
    Why were so many of you waiting for Cyclops to pull?  From what I've heard he's not very good. 
    A lot of people want one cover for access to essential nodes. Notice many are pulling until they hit one cover and then go back to hoarding. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kross said:

I went 63 once I believe with zero 5* covers ( might have been 61 can't remember), it nearly breaks you.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Essential nodes.
  • killahKlown
    Ya im not asking for those pulling fir their one cover.  Im asking the guys that are pulling multiple 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ya im not asking for those pulling fir their one cover.  Im asking the guys that are pulling multiple 
    Some folks (myself included) like to “champ them all” even if not good. Sometimes it’s fun to build teams around suboptimal characters. That’s the cool thing about this game. There are so many ways to enjoy it whether you are casual or competitor, like to build wide or tall, a collector of all or just chase the meta, etc. 
  • killahKlown
    That makes sense.  Thank you
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alcohol, usually.  :-)
  • RhetroAktive
    RhetroAktive Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Needed to get a Cyclops cover and it took 47 pulls to get it. I pulled these along the way:

7 x Adam Warlock
    1 x Yellowjacket 
    1 x Cyclops
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    You never know how a character might turn out in real world use, new combinations can raise their value, they can become part of an unforeseen meta...etc.

Once they have been banished to the pit that is Classics, if you skipped them you will miss out on that. It doesn’t happen often, but it isn’t unheard of either. Plus, got to have them all. I have a champed Fatpin and Wa5p, why not add some more meat shields while I’m at it? 
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Since he's essential as of today I had to pull for him although I'm not a friend of his design.
    Coudn't have been worse. Had to pull 57 times to finally get him. Since I was optimistic at the beginning I had Carbage as my favorite five-star. After several pulls I changed to Cyclops in case I wouldn't get him naturally. When I pulled his red cover I had 492 shards for him:-(
    My results: 
    3 Adam Warlock who was still champed and is now at level 456.
    3 Yellowjacket who is champed now at level 451.
    1 red Cyclops
    12,28 % rate is okay for me but 57 pulls for Cyclops was a nightmare.
    Now I have only 1,000 CP an 2 LT left. But the next time I consider pulling is the day Cyclops is leaving Latest. That will be in 11 weeks. Enough time to gather more resources for the next meta:-)

• CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Ares76 said:
    Since he's essential as of today I had to pull for him although I'm not a friend of his design.
    Coudn't have been worse. Had to pull 57 times to finally get him. Since I was optimistic at the beginning I had Carbage as my favorite five-star. After several pulls I changed to Cyclops in case I wouldn't get him naturally. When I pulled his red cover I had 492 shards for him:-(
    My results: 
    1 red Cyclops
    Now I have only 1,000 CP an 2 LT left. But the next time I consider pulling is the day Cyclops is leaving Latest. That will be in 11 weeks. Enough time to gather more resources for the next meta:-)

I feel for you having been there before.  Likewise I only have 400 shards for Cyclops but refuse to pull LTs for a such a mediocre trio, so decided to play CL10 for progression only.

Very disappointing that the devs have chosen to run an event with the newest release the 5e and having no opportunity to get more shards for him in either the preceding event or progression rewards in his featured PVE.

First time to my recollection this has happened in a long time and hopefully won’t be repeated when it comes to Collossus’s first rotation as 5e.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Ares76 said:
    My results: 
    1 red Cyclops

I feel for you having been there before.  Likewise I only have 400 shards for Cyclops but refuse to pull LTs for a such a mediocre trio, so decided to play CL10 for progression only.

Very disappointing that the devs have chosen to run an event with the newest release the 5e and having no opportunity to get more shards for him in either the preceding event or progression rewards in his featured PVE.

First time to my recollection this has happened in a long time and hopefully won’t be repeated when it comes to Collossus’s first rotation as 5e.

This has happened before once as I recall. When Yelena's first shards were available through progression the essential five-star character was immortal Hulk who had not been featured after his introduction PvE.
    I remember this because that was the only time I switched from CL10 down to CL7. The 5-star essential gives low points at CL7 and I thought with no one else having rostered iHulk I could play for placement there...but man was i wrong. Everbody already had iHulk and my plan didn't work out. Thus I missed the 250 shards for Yelena in CL10 and I still haven't champed her (but only 3 RG covers missing now).