Versus for 1, 2 and 3 stars

Options
Any chance you could add versus events that are limited to one, two or three stars?  I don't play versus, neither do most of the people I've tricked into playing this game and getting addicted ;-)  Why?  Because we always end up going against teams that are hundreds of levels higher than our best team.  It's impossible to compete against people who have been playing for years or spend hundreds of dollars.  But what if you introduced versus competitions where only one-star characters could play?  Then it comes down to skill, strategy and tactics rather than Howard the Duck vs Galactus.

This would also allow you to introduce new characters that don't fit in the upper-tier uber-god power set.  Aunt May, J. Jonah Jameson, Stilt Man, Lady Stilt Man, Jarvis, Tombstone, Justin Hammer, Forbush Man, and so on.

Comments

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've thought about this suggestion and decided to come back to it. Though, I don't think a 1-star (only) event would be a good idea, I do think the premise is good. An event that utilizes the lower rarities (i.e. 1-star through 3-star) is possible and would likely be fun for some, but not all.

Briefly deviating from the topic, I occasionally like to look at rosters of many top players. Since doing so, I realize that there are a LOT of investment and resource management strategies utilized by many players.

To bring this back on topic, many players would not waste their time on an event that is limited to 1, 2, and 3-star characters. Most players only have a single 1-star character rostered. Others only keep a team of three 2-star characters rostered. If it weren't for the Deadpool Daily, they wouldn't even have those. The only reason we don't have an event such as this is due to the lack of characters in everyone's rosters. If there is a population of 1000 players, but only 200 of those players are serious collectors, then an event that requires specific characters can only be enjoyed by a fifth of the game's populace.

There is a work-around, though. Taking both event types into consideration, PvE and PvP, small adjustments might(?) make it work.

PvE
    • Have an event where there are 1-2 nodes that require specific rarities (i.e. a team made of a 1, 2, and a 3-star), while offering loaned characters for those who don't have the resources. A similar requirement to this has been done before, but my memory of it is vague.
    • Have an event where 1 and 2-star characters get a Galactus-sized boost to be competitive against 4 and 5-star characters. This one's my favorite since I like 1-star Spidey and would love to have 1-star Juggernaut join team Polaris.
    PvP
    • Have an event with a rarity requirement instead of a character requirement. For example, instead of an event that requires that you have Storm, you are required to have any 1 or 2-star in the first team slot.
    • Have an event with a max rarity of 2 for the first node, a max rarity of 3 for the second node, and the third node would be anything goes.

Do I think any of these have a chance of being implemented? With the exception of the second PvE idea, absolutely not. I think any of these would be fun, but the game isn't developed for the few people like me, it's designed for the majority and the majority probably wouldn't find it very fun.