Dead of Winter, dead of Summer [Fixed]

Options
The_Fab
The_Fab Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
You all probably spotted Dead of Winter in the Facebook preview as The chase Card, the most brutal, even more than Angel of Destiny. 

I say hold your pinkies, because what the card reads and what it actually does on the field is somewhat different. 
I’m talking about the last effect that is supposed to have the opponent lose an amount of life equal to 10 times the number of snow gems. I tested the card for about 10 times in TG but the best amount of life lost by Greg is twice the amount of snow gems. 
Don’t get me wrong, the card is still good though but not the super OP game stopper as we anticipated. 
So will the card text be changed to match the actual effect or will the effect be upgraded to match the text? I hope we will have the answer before the end of winter. 
Tagged:

Comments

• BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Here is a video showing what The_Fab just explained.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9z8589cqsi9z9w/Dead of Winter damage bug.mp4?dl=0

As you can see my creatures got a 22 power buff and Greg took 44 damage. So the card hits Greg for 2 times X snow gems instead of 10 times X snow gems.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Of course, it is a binary number. Why didn’t anyone catch that?
  • Asylamb
    Asylamb Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'd rather they changed the text and kept the effect. 
  • The_Fab
    The_Fab Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3 X snow gems would be nice
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Guess the difference between 10 and 2 got lost in translation somewhere *facepalm*
    Seems much more reasonable at 2x though, maybe it was a last second balancing nerf and they just forgot to fix the text?
  • Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    It would be so nice to get any official answer to this.
    I mean I am fine with the card the way it works, but this is highly misleading and that's not what I want from any developer in any game.

Maybe Marcella can give us the devs opinion on the card?
    Just say whoops that's a mistake, it's the wrong text or effect and we will be fine with it.
    Ten times the number of snow instantly looked veeeery overpowered and a lot of ppl might be mislead, to focus all their currency on getting a copy of it and might be a bit let down once they finally aquire it...

I'm not saying this is done on purpose, but I will admit the thought rushed through my tiny brain...
    😂🤣
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support any update on this?  I don't see a fix or correction in the new release notes
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hi guys,

Sorry about the delay in answering this!
    This issue is confirmed and it's been tested. 
    The fix will be done as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for the heads up,
    Marcela.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The ‘Fix’  being the text or the effect?
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The text @Avahad.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am so glad it is the text! Thank you!!