Softlock (4 occasion, 2 events) [Investigating]

Options
Rant_Ent
Rant_Ent Posts: 68 Match Maker
Mi 9 se
Android

Before the last maintenance i play a lot and i never experienced any softlock.
After the la sta update, it became rare, on rule of thumbs every 10 games.

3 times in node of power.
Teferi master of dominaria, 3 ability bouncing tokens. Softlock.
1 time phtflb with garruk on phtflb turn.

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Oktagon_Supporti I sent some screenshot will try to get a video

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback.
    This issue is now under investigation.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Soft lock when vicious wolf token (3rd ability of Garruck 2) kills my Rhino tokens.

So token on token kills is bugged once again.
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same here, happens to me regularly since December:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/84346/game-freezes-with-empty-gems-left-investigating#latest

Today, it happened in the very first game of "Colors of Magic". So I'm probably done with the new event and Tier 100+, just because of not my fault.
  • Persil
    Options
    Even better :D I've played 3 games of "Colors of Magic" now, and 2 of them softlocked. Wonder if I'll manage to get Tier 1000.

This game literally breaks apart.
  • Persil
    Options
    And another, third softlock in "Colors of Magic"! This time in top node.

So far I played 11 games in this event, 3 of them softlocked. Great job!
  • Persil
    Options
    And another softlock, this time in the right node of "Seize the day". Rank 200 or so, so another event done for me. This game is 100% bugs!

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    StD with Kaya

softlock when Nissa Worldwakers forest killed my cantivore.

another event killed by a “sudden” bug which takes ages to correct.
  • Kronar
    Kronar Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I had the same issue.

Aquaris X2 Pro
    Android 10

Seize the day event, lower right node.

The softlock was caused by the viscious wolf tokens (ability three) of my Garruk, Cursed Huntsman killing the Major Karn's Construct token of the opposing Karn.

I had won all other fights of the event and dropped from rank 1 to somewhere below rank 200
  • Persil
    Options
    And another softlock for me, this time in Emrakul's Corrpution. And same, costed me loosing Rank 1.

This is my 7th softlock in ranked events since mid December. Not counting softlocks in PvE.
  • Julie71
    Options
    Persil said:
    And another softlock for me, this time in Emrakul's Corrpution. And same, costed me loosing Rank 1.

This is my 7th softlock in ranked events since mid December. Not counting softlocks in PvE.
    What happened right before the lock ???
  • Persil
    Options
    Julie71 said:
    What happened right before the lock ???
    I can't remember. I stored the logs and boards for the first two softlocks of mine, which can be found here:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/84346/game-freezes-with-empty-gems-left-investigating

• Persil
    Options
    It's really a state of art, how broken this game is. Another softlock, this time in Terrors in the Shadows. Good bye, Rank 1!
  • Julie71
    Options
    Persil said:
    It's really a state of art, how broken this game is. Another softlock, this time in Terrors in the Shadows. Good bye, Rank 1!
    I really don't think its broken. Just a few pieces missing can mess some stuff.  And I know a lot people work hard everyday to fix the issues. 
  • Persil
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Julie71 said:
    I really don't think its broken. Just a few pieces missing can mess some stuff.  And I know a lot people work hard everyday to fix the issues. 
    The "bugs" section of forum has dozens of new threads every month. And it's just a tip of an iceberg - I personally know of another dozens of things which do not work (including cards which do different things from what their descriptions say), which are just not worht submitting as the bug submission mechanism is pain in the bottom.

And then, regularly, we also get serious bugs which break games, make people lose ranked games and because of that, make them angry.

Cards are broken, descriptions are broken, mechanisms are broken, game timer is broken, game UI (user interface) is broken, bugs submission form is broken, even the new forum was broken.
  • Persil
    Options
    Another ranked event softlock, Challenge of the Courts - Garenbrig. Again, cost me loosing Rank 1 :(

This serious issue has been here for more than two months.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hi @Persil
    Can you provide more details about the issue you faced?
    • Which Node?;

• Event supports in play;

• Planeswalker and Cards used to reproduce the bug.

All the information you can get us will be much appreciated so we can fix this.

Thank you for your patience, 
    Marcela.