**** Bishop (Classic) ****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes, X-Men
 bluetilepng yellowtilepng

"Lucas Bishop is a man lost in time. Hailing from a future where mutans are persecuted, Bishop has found a home with the X-Men of the past.

As a member of their team he uses his mutant power to redirect energy to protect the innocent, but he never forgets his true goal: he must save the future from the horrible things he's seen."

(Abilities, Match Damage, and Health listed at level 270)
15,642 Health
 85 | bluetilepng 74 | yellowtilepng 65 |  43 | greentilepng 13 | blacktilepng 12 | purpletilepng 11 |  3.5x

(Abilities listed at level 270, Power Level 5)
Overclocked -  Passive
Bishop absorbs his enemy's attacks, storing them up for an explosive blast. If Bishop's teammates would take 902 or more damage, Bishop jumps to the front. Once Bishop has taken 3608 damage, deal 1804 damage to the enemy.
  • Level 2: ...has taken 3247 damage, deal 2273 damage to the enemy.
  • Level 3: ...has taken 2706 damage, deal 2435 damage to the enemy.
  • Level 4: ...has taken 2165 damage, deal 2814 damage to the enemy.
  • Level 5: ...has taken 1804 damage, deal 3788 damage to the enemy.
General Reserves - bluetilepng Passive
With every injury, Bishop grows stronger. If Bishop takes 1804 or more damage, gain 4 Blue AP. If Bishop has 10 or more Blue AP, this power becomes Energy Conversion.
  • Level 2: If Bishop takes 1263 damage...
  • Level 3: If Bishop takes 902 damage...
  • Level 4: If Bishop takes 541 damage...
  • Level 5: If Bishop takes 451 damage, gain 5 Blue AP.
Energy Conversion - 10 bluetilepng AP
Bishop focuses the energy he's stored into a powerful blow, disabling his enemy. Bishop stuns the enemy for 1 turns and destroys 4 AP in their strongest color.

(Passive) If Bishop has less than 10 Blue AP, this power becomes General Reserves.
  • Level 2: Bishop stuns the enemy for 2 turns...
  • Level 3: No Change
  • Level 4: Bishop stuns the enemy for 3 turns and destroys 5 AP...
  • Level 5: Bishop stuns the enemy for 4 turns and destroys 6 AP...
For the Future - 10 yellowtilepng AP
Destruction must be prevented! Bishop fights to protect his people, making great sacrifices along the way. Bishop converts 1 enemy Special Tile to strength 27 friendly Protect tiles.

(Passive) If there are 2 friendly Protect tiles on the board at the start of Bishop's turn, remove them and gain 2 Blue AP.
  • Level 2: ...to a strength 63 friendly Protect tile.
  • Level 3: ...to a strength 81 friendly Protect tile.
  • Level 4: Bishop converts 2 enemy Special Tiles... 
  • Level 5: Bishop converts 3 enemy Special Tiles to strength 90 friendly Protect Tiles. ...and gain 3 Blue AP.
What do you think is Bishop's best build? Vote down below!

**** Bishop (Classic) **** 20 votes

5/5/3
85%
SpoitIridiousy4747DFiPLWarbringaLLohmBlackBoltRocksJackDeath666WingdingerMark70GoBucsGoKGBqandolsAnonAres76OrkyThorwolf42 17 votes
5/4/4
0%
5/3/5
0%
4/5/4
0%
4/4/5
0%
3/5/5
15%
PongieTonyDankRosraf 3 votes

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Hah. Isn't that funny; we were just talking about damage threshold powers yesterday...

It's too bad he doesn't heal himself, even a little. Even burst. And it always makes me sad that Protect tiles and damage threshold mechanics are an anti-combo.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    And when boosted, these thresholds become so wide that it becomes much more difficult to have triggered (i.e. 3* Hulk etc).

Separately, his yellow will be completely useless if neither team creates special tiles. Wowch.

But he will have some great uses, especially against teams that do big match/strike damage quickly. As far as 4* teams go, I can picture him with Grocket & Gamora/Yondu. Or with Vulture, when airborne Bishop will be taking more match damage to add to his threshold and building up more blue for Vulture's powerful HTS. Add any red-purple user here. Mockingbird or St4r-Lord would work. Elektra makes sense too, her purple creates enemy strikes that Bishop could convert to protects with his yellow.
    Bishop, Nova, Fist. Start with Nova's cheap strikes, then with all that blue, Fist will be self-feeding each ability.
    Bishop, Ironheart (for obvious reasons), Elektra (for purple-black).

Also, many Supports create small protect tiles easily in PvE. Usually when making a match-4 or some other requisite. Once you have 2 out that's free blue AP that Bishop will create.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    I was totally in the bag for Bishop when he came out in comics way back so I'm glad to see him in the game; I don't know if this moveset feels "right" to me or not, or even like something that will fit in to my play style at all, but I think I need to reserve judgement until I have him playable. I always felt like Bishop was a loose cannon, prone to flying off the handle and escalating a situation the others had to deal with, but this moveset definitely feels like it's missing teeth in damage potential that comes from Bishop, planting him in the Support tier. That blue generation seems like the big deal.

Seems like there are a few X-Persons who would play well with him; Iceman, maybe Cyclops. If you could score a blue siphon with Rogue you'd probably melt everybody down fairly quickly depending on who got the jump-in-front between the two of them. I'm curious how Overclocked/General Reserves interact with Dazzler's Survivor. 
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    It seem like there is not much discussion here for such a character that had such a big impact in the game last time before he get nerfed. 
    There also seem to be no update information for his nerf here too. 
    Anyway, I find that the new Bishop still work very well with Beta Ray Bill and Polaris, mainly because of his passive yellow which convert 2 friendly protect and up to 5 basic tiles to blue basic tiles which can cause lots of cascade which further increase the chances of protect tiles being matched which in turn activates Beta Ray and Polaris passive and to use either one of their blue actives.