Interview with D3 MPQ Producer

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Some neat tidbits in here. Provided for your edification.

http://videogamewriters.com/d3publisher ... play-70201

Comments

• Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does this mean if I send you moon knight art it'll take 6 weeks out of his queue time?

all over it icon_e_biggrin.gif

overall nice article though, although it doesn't really give anything new to long-time players, it's one of the few PRs that I feel overall is agreed with by a majority of long-term players, and really needs to get out there to counter that knee-jerk reaction from anti-IAP whiners

a couple sticking points:
    1) "Susan Storm"? Really?
    2) no mention of kitchens icon_e_sad.gif
  • Thanks for the article. I always like to hear from those involved in making the game.
  • Puritas wrote:
    overall nice article though, although it doesn't really give anything new to long-time players, it's one of the few PRs that I feel overall is agreed with by a majority of long-term players, and really needs to get out there to counter that knee-jerk reaction from anti-IAP whiners

Certainly I feel like there has to be a balance struck between giving new players an enjoyable experience and rewarding people for throwing money your way, so it's to be expected that there's a P2W aspect to the game, but for my part I've never felt like I was being penalized or held back because I'm not an IAP player, which I really appreciate
  • gamar wrote:
    Certainly I feel like there has to be a balance struck between giving new players an enjoyable experience and rewarding people for throwing money your way, so it's to be expected that there's a P2W aspect to the game, but for my part I've never felt like I was being penalized or held back because I'm not an IAP player, which I really appreciate

When I first started to play I thought it was an extremely heavy pay to win game until I slowly realized how much it costs for hp/iso and what you actually get out of it. I also did not understand the skip or regenerating health pack mechanics, I had 14 health packs and were afraid to use them as I am a hoarder. Found out about skip during the Christmas lightning rounds, about a week and a half after I started to play. The button is now larger and more obvious in what it does.

Turns out this is one of the least offensive fp2 games I have ever played. The main snags are not having enough hp around the 8-16 roster slots, the game only really starts to become playable at 12. And being able to buy covers of a new hero and dominate the newly released event for that new character, but that can be done or mitigated by long standing players with roster strength or hp banks. I have accumulated a decent sized hp bank to buy a few covers if I ever wanted, but again...hoarder.

I like Marvel and I was looking for a fun Gem game for my phone for years, literally. Will be around for the foreseeable future.

What I would like to see is steam linkage, as playing my phone in front of my computer when steam has the superior interface is kind of moronic. But portability is > that one downside.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
  • Will Harrison is the reporter for the website. He's not part of Demiurge.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Puritas wrote:

2) no mention of Intergalactic Space Fleet icon_e_sad.gif

1) would you prefer her married name Susan Richards or Invisible Woman? Bag Lady?
    2) Definitely agree. We could have been mentioned in several answers.
  • @omg

I went to grade school with Demiurge Will!!!
    I seen his picture on the interview and was like you gotta be kidding me. Sure enough from southeastern ohio. Long time since you seen Southwestern Elementary I bet!!!
    90% sure at least. Been a long time since grade school.

That is crazy cool.

I talked to Ice. I got mixed up a little in the article. I went to school with the Will that was writing the article.

• I talked to Ice. I got mixed up a little in the article. I went to school with the Will that was writing the article.

Still pretty cool.

• I talked to Ice. I got mixed up a little in the article. I went to school with the Will that was writing the article.

Still pretty cool.

Took me by surprise, that's for sure. I went to a pretty damn small school.
  • Puritas
    Options
    Puritas wrote:

1) would you prefer her married name Susan Richards or Invisible Woman? Bag Lady?

wait hasn't she been Sue since the 70s
    or is she Susan again?
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Puritas wrote:
    Puritas wrote:

or is she Susan again?

She's bag lady in my heart forever.

Edit:
    On her cover in MPQ - she is called Susan in one of her ability descriptions but on the last page she is referred to as Sue. Lol. I guess both?
  • So long as no one says she is Jessica Alba I'm good.
  • Puritas
    Options
    Puritas wrote:
    or is she Susan again?

She's bag lady in my heart forever.

idk to me it just feels like calling Captain America "Stephen Rogers"

• She's bag lady in my heart forever.

Edit:
    On her cover in MPQ - she is called Susan in one of her ability descriptions but on the last page she is referred to as Sue. Lol. I guess both?
    Puritas wrote:

idk to me it just feels like calling Captain America "Stephen Rogers"

Stephen? Or Steven? icon_lol.gif
  • IW has probably my least liked art in the game, looks nothing like the cover. Second worst for me is probably Loki, he looks very much like the sweet cover (so its accurate) but would very much like Loki to look like Tom Hiddleston.
  • I'm a big FF fan and Reed Richards always calls her Susan

But then, Reed Richards is a ****