is character animation faster?

marvel075
marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
edited January 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
when i was playing with a few characters (negasonic, scorpion, rescue, to name a few) it felt like their animation speed was increased, was it because of the update?

edit: so it hasn't been announced, but yeah the animations are DEFINITLY faster than before, especially 4-star carnage's black animation.

Comments

• Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Couldn't tell you, have seen them in years! 🤣

I turned them back on briefly to witness Legion's, then back off they went.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Theghouse said:

I realized after all of this time that most competitive players turn the animations off. When you're fighting for position, animations can add precious seconds to each game causing you to lose points on battles before you can shield yourself.

Occasionally, I get curious about an animation, but never turn them back on. Maybe one day.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moonstone’s tile steal is finally fast too
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akoni said:
    Theghouse said:

I realized after all of this time that most competitive players turn the animations off. When you're fighting for position, animations can add precious seconds to each game causing you to lose points on battles before you can shield yourself.

Occasionally, I get curious about an animation, but never turn them back on. Maybe one day.
    I bet even players who don't really play competitively still turn animations off to save time. (I do, at least).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I leave mine on - having the IP attached is why I like MPQ over other match 3s, so if I turn off that, it's kind of like What's the Point in a lot of ways (for me). 
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2021
    I leave mine on - having the IP attached is why I like MPQ over other match 3s, so if I turn off that, it's kind of like What's the Point in a lot of ways (for me). 
    Same.  I'm a fan of Marvel, not match-3s.  The animations are what help showcase that more than just looking at some blocks onscreen with a few static pictures of Marvel characters up top.  Still, I get why people do it, so I'm not going to say the way other people play is "wrong".

To keep on topic though, I did notice 3* Blade's red flashes through a lot quicker as well when adding strike tiles to the board.