Tips for beating level 530 Venom in boss event (resolved)

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
I have tried my top 5* champs eg. Thor and Iron Man. He eventually gets yellow/green and slams me. My attacks are too puny to count. Last time I had luck with JJ, she had several traps going off and one red and black attacks. I think it's the colors, hard to deny yellow/green when you do not need them your self. 

Got a tip from my alliance to use IW Captain America and go for red.

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Deny Yellow and Green at all costs , Apocalypse took him down on second try taking 1 green hit , but had less than 5K left 
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I used Miles and went invisible. Venom doesn’t chase purple, so if you’re lucky you can stay invisible while collecting more purple to repeatedly hit him with, and yellow to make web tiles to power it up.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Legion is also good in 1v1 no-stun fights. Assuming you can go invisible pretty quickly then you can use purple to suppress yellow and green. These types of battle can take a loooooong time since legion doesn't have any particularly big nukes. He has an advantage over miles in that he can have multiple invisibility tiles on the board and he can fortify them with his blue, though venom will match black so they are more likely to be matched away than Miles's purple tile. YMMV of course but he has carried me through a few of those shield training Riri/mockingbird levels when my 5* hasn't been up to snuff. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Miles is a great option for 4* players, because his purple packs SUCH a punch. I wonder if IW Spidey is viable as well for the same reasons? Legion would work, but I imagine is much slower than Miles. 

As a 5* player, Apoc, Doom, IW Cap, and newcomer Heimdall are my go-tos for these types of problems. I used Heim against Venom and dropped him pretty easy first try (and mine is baby champed). I imagine Doom would be great since he denies and self-fuels his own black/yellow on opponent matches. I also think 5* Deadpool could be the move here if you can survive a nuke while holding 6 black it’s essentially game over for the AI. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used Miles as well. I had him at 4/4/5 since I don't need the +1 Blue on his web tile matches (5 Yellow) and since his Red can spam a lot I wanted it at 5 for the 10K damage even if there is no stun.
    Easily beat Venom and Kingpin (mine were L475) and only struggled with Sandman since he chases Purple and has an AOE.
    KGB
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Miles is a great option for 4* players, because his purple packs SUCH a punch. I wonder if IW Spidey is viable as well for the same reasons? Legion would work, but I imagine is much slower than Miles. 

As a 5* player, Apoc, Doom, IW Cap, and newcomer Heimdall are my go-tos for these types of problems. I used Heim against Venom and dropped him pretty easy first try (and mine is baby champed). I imagine Doom would be great since he denies and self-fuels his own black/yellow on opponent matches. I also think 5* Deadpool could be the move here if you can survive a nuke while holding 6 black it’s essentially game over for the AI. 
    Just tried 5* Deadpool on Kingpin and he indeed works well. Pool does 150% of the damage done to him. So let him get smacked around a bit and the match is yours.  Nice to find a niche use for him (similar to Yelena). 
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2021
    Options

IW Spidey will definitely neuter any powers Venom fires but the one time I used him against a level 500+ character he got match damaged to death before I could fire red.  I suppose if you boosted red and got enough web tiles up plus denied Venom firing any powers; it might be possible to take that high a level one down.  But Miles is generally the all-star for me except against Sandman because of his AOE/Stun.