Team-Up Question

RGV123
RGV123 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
Sorry for the question, but I could not find an answer while searching the site.
If you select 3 team-ups for your team, while on defense how is it determined which will be used by your team?  For example, is it the center selection, or is it just a random team-up not chosen by you?  Thanks.

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    On defense it's just a random team-up.
  • RGV123
    Random as in from the game library or random from the 3 you select?  Thanks for the response.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    The first option, a random one from some big list.
    Though, sometimes in pvp, it certainly feels like the game picked just the right team-up against my team and then used it at the worst possible moment for me ...  :D 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kolence said:
    Though, sometimes in pvp, it certainly feels like the game picked just the right team-up against my team and then used it at the worst possible moment for me ...  :D 
    Like when you don't notice the AI has a Loki black TU and it flips your buffed strike tiles to their defense and now you're hitting the AI for 1 damage... nope, never happened to me ;)
  • RGV123
    I thought maybe your choices were the ones used on defense, because the team-ups used against me in pvp so often seemed to work well for my opponents team.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kolence said:
    Like when you don't notice the AI has a Loki black TU and it flips your buffed strike tiles to their defense and now you're hitting the AI for 1 damage... nope, never happened to me ;)
    Or Punisher's Retribution taking out 5-star Thor...  :blush:
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    If ever I am running a team who need green AP, the AI will always have a purple Red Hulk team-up. And you had better believe they get to fire it.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    If ever I am running a team who need green AP, the AI will always have a purple Red Hulk team-up. And you had better believe they get to fire it.
    Right up there with enemy Prof 5 always seeming to get that 4-match waiting for them on their next turn.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    pheregas said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Right up there with enemy Prof 5 always seeming to get that 4-match waiting for them on their next turn.
    Or if you're playing against a team with Teen Jean, immediately bet $5 there will be a match 5 waiting for you on the opening board (which happens .005% of the time otherwise).