My Runaways Suggestions

Options
Arsenic & Old Lace

4 Star

BFD- Big Friendly Dinosaur- Green
(Passive) When Gert is in danger, Old Lace leaps into action! If Arsenic would take 1000 damage or more, Old Lace jumps in front, resisting the damage instead, and creating a 3 turn green repeater tile. While this tile is on the board Old Lace remains in front, swapping Arsenic's abilities for hers. Arsenic & Old Lace make a free match every time it goes off. If there is another Runaway on your team, matches in each Runaways strongest color create a random strength 20 attack tile while Old Lace is in front.
Level 2- 900 Damage
Level 3- 2 turn repeater
Level 4- 800 Damage
Level 5- 1 turn repeater

Bark & Bite- Acerbic Wit/CHOMP- Purple
Acerbic Wit- 7- Gert's got a sharp tongue and it'll cut her enemies deep! Destroy up to 2 AP in the target's strongest color and create a strength 77 attack tiles in the same color for each AP destroyed.
Level 2- Destroy up to 3 AP
Level 3- Create 2 attack tiles for each AP destroyed
Level 4- Strength 150 attack tiles
Level 5- Destroy up to 4 AP
CHOMP- 14- Old Lace's got some sharp teeth, and she knows how to use them! Destroy 2 chosen basic tiles, dealing damage and generating AP. This costs one less AP for every 2 friendly attack tiles on the board, to a minimum of 7.
Level 2- Destroy 3 basic or friendly special tiles
Level 3- Destroy 4 basic or friendly special tiles
Level 4- Costs one less AP for each friendly attack tile
Level 5- Destroy 4 chosen tiles

Together as One- Black
(Passive) Arsenic & Old Lace share an unbreakable bond, and it makes them stronger. What effects one effects the other, but they both benefit from Gert's intelligence and Old Lace's toughness. As long as Old Lace is active, she and her partner deals 150% match damage in their strongest color and generates an extra AP on match-5 or greater matches. If Arsenic & Old Lace would become downed, and you have an active teammate who is a Runaway, Gert transfers her bond to them instead, and Old Lace fights on with a new partner.
Level 2- Generates an extra AP and an AP in their strongest color on match-5's
Level 3- Also destroys a random additional tile in her team's strongest color on match-5's, generating AP and dealing damage
Level 4- Activates on match-4 or greater
Level 5- 250% match damage

Comments

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Chase Stein

4 Star

Behold! The Fistigons!- Red- 12 AP
    Chase wields the mightiest gauntlets in the world, shaping their flames into anything he can imagine! Turn 4 chosen basic tiles into red basic tiles.
    Level 2- Basic or team-up tiles
    Level 3- 11 cost
    Level 4- Any chosen tiles
    Level 5- 10 cost

I Can Seeee You!- Black- 8 AP
    Chase dons the X-Ray Goggles for a tactical advantage. Remove up to 3 enemy trap or invisibility tiles from the board, generating AP and dealing 400 damage for each. Removed traps are not triggered. If there are no enemy trap or invisibility tiles deal 1200 damage instead.
    (Passive) As long as Chase is active, all hidden enemy trap tiles are revealed and enemies cannot go invisible without an invisibility tile targeting them.
    Level 2- Deals 1800 damage if there are no trap or invisibility tiles
    Level 3- Removes up to 5
    Level 4- Deals 500 per tile removed
    Level 5- Removes all enemy trap and invisibility tiles

Incoming!- Green- 6 AP
    Look! Up in the sky! It's a... Frog? Chase calls on his buddy, the Leapfrog, creating a 5 turn fortified green countdown tile that stuns the target and sends his team airborne 2 turns. Each turn they are airborne, each teammate generates an AP in their strongest color. As it ticks down, the countdown tile also steals an enemy special tile for each member of the Runaways on his team.
    Level 2- No change
    Level 3- Steals 2 special tiles per member of the Runaways
    Level 4- Stun the target and send the team airborne for 3 turns
    Level 5- Generate 2 AP in each character's strongest color

• NemoAbernnigan
    Options
    Molly Hayes

4 Star

Snoozing for a Bruising- Purple- 9 AP
    Molly is one tough kid, but using her powers sure takes it out of her! Turns a chosen basic tile into a 3 turn countdown tile that destroys a 3x3 block around itself, dealing 150 damage per tile and stunning her for 3 turns.
    (Passive) While stunned Molly takes 60% reduced damage, or, if she has an active Runaways ally, cannot be targeted.
    Level 2- 75% reduced damage
    Level 3- 250 damage per tile
    Level 4- 90% reduced damage
    Level 5- Creates a fortified countdown tile

I'm Princess Powerful!- Red
    (Passive) Whenever you make a red match create a strength 20 green protect tile and Molly's match damage is increased by 25% for every 4 friendly protect tiles on the board.
    Level 2- increased for every 4 friendly protect or strike tiles
    Level 3- increased for every 4 friendly special tiles
    Level 4- Create 2 protect tiles
    Level 4- Create strength 50 protect tiles

It's Bedtime- Yellow- 12 AP
    Molly is putting her foot down, everyone is going to bed. Deals 1000 damage to the enemy team, stuns herself for 4 turns, and the enemy team for 2 turns. If she has an active Runaway ally also fortify 2 friendly special tiles.
    Level 2- No change
    Level 3- Stuns herself for 3 turns
    Level 4- Deals 1500 damage to the enemy team
    Level 5- Stuns the enemy team for 3 turns
  • Kelvinkhr
    Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Arsenic & Old Lace

4 Star

(Passive) When Gert is in danger, Old Lace leaps into action! If Arsenic would take 1000 damage or more, Old Lace jumps in front, resisting the damage instead, and creating a 3 turn green repeater tile. While this tile is on the board Old Lace remains in front, swapping Arsenic's abilities for hers. Arsenic & Old Lace make a free match every time it goes off. If there is another Runaway on your team, matches in each Runaways strongest color create a random strength 20 attack tile while Old Lace is in front.
    Level 2- 900 Damage
    Level 3- 2 turn repeater
    Level 4- 800 Damage
    Level 5- 1 turn repeater

Acerbic Wit- 7- Gert's got a sharp tongue and it'll cut her enemies deep! Destroy up to 2 AP in the target's strongest color and create a strength 77 attack tiles in the same color for each AP destroyed.
    CHOMP- 14- Old Lace's got some sharp teeth, and she knows how to use them! Destroy 2 chosen basic tiles, dealing damage and generating AP. This costs one less AP for every 2 friendly attack tiles on the board, to a minimum of 7.

Together as One- Black
    (Passive) Arsenic & Old Lace share an unbreakable bond, and it makes them stronger. What effects one effects the other, but they both benefit from Gert's intelligence and Old Lace's toughness. As long as Old Lace is active, she and her partner deals 150% match damage in their strongest color and generates an extra AP on match-5 or greater matches. If Arsenic & Old Lace would become downed, and you have an active teammate who is a Runaway, Gert transfers her bond to them instead, and Old Lace fights on with a new partner.
    Level 3- Also destroys a random additional tile in her team's strongest color on match-5's, generating AP and dealing damage

Yoww....this is quite the moveset. I like how both Gert and Old Lace are both utilised in it. Big Friendly Dinosaur is an interesting ability. The free match is certainly useful and I like the idea of creating a special tile only in the members strongest colour.

Bark & Bite is also really useful in both instances. Acerbic Wit is an easy way to generate special tiles and at level 5, can make up to eight tiles. Damn, that's powerful. CHOMP, on the other hand, is an easy way to generate AP, even if just a little at a time. The costs for the moves aren't too high, especially with the cost reduction for CHOMP.

Together as One makes them a good team-up with characters who can turn tiles like Grey Suit BW and Kamala. The Old Lace fighting on with an ally is also really creative too!

All in all, I really like this moveset. I'd definitely want to get her to pair with the other Runaways in game!
  • Kelvinkhr
    Options
    Chase Stein

4 Star

Behold! The Fistigons!- Red- 12 AP
    Chase wields the mightiest gauntlets in the world, shaping their flames into anything he can imagine! Turn 4 chosen basic tiles into red basic tiles.
    Level 3- 11 cost
    Level 5- 10 cost

Chase dons the X-Ray Goggles for a tactical advantage. Remove up to 3 enemy trap or invisibility tiles from the board, generating AP and dealing 400 damage for each. Removed traps are not triggered. If there are no enemy trap or invisibility tiles deal 1200 damage instead.
    (Passive) As long as Chase is active, all hidden enemy trap tiles are revealed and enemies cannot go invisible without an invisibility tile targeting them.
    Level 3- Removes up to 5

Incoming!- Green- 6 AP
    Look! Up in the sky! It's a... Frog? Chase calls on his buddy, the Leapfrog, creating a 5 turn fortified green countdown tile that stuns the target and sends his team airborne 2 turns. Each turn they are airborne, each teammate generates an AP in their strongest color. As it ticks down, the countdown tile also steals an enemy special tile for each member of the Runaways on his team.
    Level 2- No change

This is another fun one indeed. I can tell that Behold! The Fistigons! is meant to pair well with Gert, which is a nice way to reference their relationship. I Can Seeee You! is also a great and easy way to get rid of those nasty Trap tiles, so dealing with characters like Invisible Woman, Miles and America Chavez would be easier and that is always welcome for me, since I tend to have trouble with them, especially when it comes to the Invisibility tiles. I can see Incoming! being another move like Vulture's that would be fun to use but annoying to deal with. Essentially, they are protected from harm and generate AP and steals tiles. That is a lot, but not broken imo, since they can't attack in that time. So good payoff.

All in all, I think your Chase is a really good character. He would definitely be worth the investment! Great one!
  • Kelvinkhr
    Options
    Molly Hayes

4 Star

Molly is one tough kid, but using her powers sure takes it out of her! Turns a chosen basic tile into a 3 turn countdown tile that destroys a 3x3 block around itself, dealing 150 damage per tile and stunning her for 3 turns.
    (Passive) While stunned Molly takes 60% reduced damage, or, if she has an active Runaways ally, cannot be targeted.

(Passive) Whenever you make a red match create a strength 20 green protect tile and Molly's match damage is increased by 25% for every 4 friendly protect tiles on the board.

Molly is putting her foot down, everyone is going to bed. Deals 1000 damage to the enemy team, stuns herself for 4 turns, and the enemy team for 2 turns. If she has an active Runaway ally also fortify 2 friendly special tiles.
    Level 2- No change

Snoozing for a Bruising is a nice way to protect her while Stun, so enemies with Stun abilities have to take care not to stun her. 60% is a huge damage reduction indeed and it gets higher though it definitely works for her.

I'm Princess Powerful! is a great way to have her synergise with her fellow Runaways, especially with Nico and Karolina and your Gertrude since they can rack up special tiles easily. I can't imagine what her damage output would be in a Polaris situation too. The first effect also makes her a nice team-up with your Chase too.

It's Bedtime is probably her best yet. She stuns the enemy team for 2 turn. even with the self-inflicted stun for 4 turns, that is huge.It basically mean her team gain two damage free round and that's....wow, that's powerful in my opinion.

I really like this Molly concept. She is really powerful and uses Stun in a great way. Nice one!
  • NemoAbernnigan
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked them. I'm working on an Alex Wilder pitch right now too, I should have it up soon.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Alex Wilder

5 Star

Refuse to Die-Yellow- 7 AP
    Alex is determined to live at any cost, even the lives of his so called friends. Conjuring a healing spell with the stolen Staff of One, Alex creates 2 strength 40 protect tiles then restore 185 health for each friendly Protect tile on the board (max. 6 tiles).
    (Passive) Friendly Protect tiles' strength is increased by 15%, but they only effect Alex. At the start of turn, if you have more protect tiles than the enemy, increase the strength of those tiles by 8.
    Level 2: Creates 2 tiles of strength 47. Restores 206 health for each friendly Protect tile. Increases tiles' strength by 12.
    Level 3: Creates 3 tiles of strength 47. Friendly Protect tiles' strength is increased by 20%. Increases tiles' strength by 14.
    Level 4: Creates 3 tiles of strength 64. Restores 278 health per Protect tile. Protect tiles' strength is increased by 30%. Increases tiles' strength by 20.
    Level 5: Creates 4 tiles of strength 64. Restores 361 health per Protect tile. Protect tiles' strength is increased by 50%. Increases tiles' strength by 34.

Stolen Toys-Red- 12 AP
    Alex puts Chase's Stolen gear to use. Turn 4 chosen basic tiles into red basic tiles. 
    (Passive) As long as Alex is active, all hidden enemy trap tiles are revealed and enemies cannot go invisible without an invisibility tile targeting them
    Level 3- 11 cost
    Level 5- 10 cost

Corrupted Guardian-Black
    Alex is Old Lace's master now.
    (Passive) When Alex is in danger, Old Lace leaps into action! If Alex would take 1000 damage or more, Old Lace jumps in front, resisting the damage instead, and creating a 3 turn green repeater tile. While this tile is on the board Old Lace remains in front and Old Lace make a free match every time it goes off. As long as Old Lace is in front she and her master deal 150% match damage in their strongest color, create a random strength 20 attack tile, and generate an extra AP on match-5 or greater matches in his strongest color. 
    Level 2- 900 Damage. Generates an extra AP and an AP in his strongest color on match-5's
    Level 3- 2 turn repeater. Also destroys a random additional tile in his strongest color on match-5's, generating AP and dealing damage.
    Level 4- 800 Damage. Activates on match-4 or greater.
    Level 5- 1 turn repeater. 250% match damage.
  • Kelvinkhr
    Options
    Wow...this is quite the moveset for Alex. In a team with characters like Karolina, Refuse to Die will be a great way to keep him alive and it is a nice way to show off his double faced nature. Stolen Toys is a good counter to Invisibility and Trap tiles, which as I mentioned before, can be a pain to have to deal with. Corrupted Guardian is another good way to keep him alive, with Old Lace absorbing damage with so many other benefits.

I can see him being a tricky one to deal with and would probably be the first person I'd go after if I were to fight him. But I will definitely wanna get him too. Great work!
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Chase Stein

4 Star

Behold! The Fistigons!- Red- 12 AP
    Level 3- 11 cost
    Level 5- 10 cost

Level 3- Removes up to 5

Incoming!- Green- 6 AP
    Level 2- No change

I really like this one. 

Behold! The Fistigons! not only has a great name, but an awesome ability. It's very subtle causing most to overlook it, but I like controlling the field and instantly recognized it's usefulness. 

I Can Seeee You! (Passive) is a very nice touch. The options for it's fired ability is nice, too. Trap and Invisibility tiles aren't very common, but it's still useful for damage at only 8 AP.

Incoming! is very interesting. With the way it reads, I think enemy teammates are sent airborne while the friendly team gains AP. Or does the enemy team gain that AP? Nonetheless, stealing enemy special tiles makes this a great Polaris/Medusa counter.

This one would make a good meta counter, thereby making it meta.
  • Akoni
    Options
    Molly Hayes

4 Star

Level 2- No change
    I should have read all of them first, because this is my favorite one. The theme is on point and the powers are well balanced. She also syncs well with the other runaways (both your suggested ones and Karolina Dean in-game). If Molly Hayes is introduced and looks nothing like this, I will be disappointed.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    Options
    @Akoni

Thanks friend, glad you liked them. For Incoming!, yeah, I meant your team gains the AP not the enemy. And yes, Behold! The Fistigons! is super strong in a sneaky way haha. As for Molly, I always try to get the theming right, otherwise it would just be a kit wish list you know? Glad you think I did well with her.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Arsenic & Old Lace and Alex Wilder as well. I think I got the theming down pretty well with them, particularly with Wilder, as his abilities are variants of Nico's, Chase's, and Gert's, intended to represent the villain reveal from the comics where he has The Staff of One, the Fistigons, the X-Ray goggles, and the master bond with Old Lace. 
  • Akoni
    Options
    Arsenic & Old Lace

4 Star

Level 2- 900 Damage
    Level 3- 2 turn repeater
    Level 4- 800 Damage
    Level 5- 1 turn repeater

Together as One- Black
    I've been reading this one over and over again. It is very thematic and I like it. This is just like Cloak and Dagger in how the mechanics work. On a side note, I wish Northstar had been combined with his sister in this manner instead of being his own character. But I digress. 

The way it's written, Green has Arsenic in front just hanging out until she would receive a single hit of 1000 or more. As is, there is a possibility that Old Lace doesn't jump in front until mid to late game if the opponent chooses to hold off on firing powers that would deal a lot of damage. Since Old Lace is so awesome, we want her out as often as possible. This might be accomplished by having Green trigger with cumulative damage of 1000. This way, if they are in the rear versus Juggernaut, the power would still trigger after 3 or 4 matches. As far as Purple goes, I wouldn't touch it. I like it as is.

Most importantly, I wonder if the Black power can be programmed as is. If so, that has major implications for the game. To be able to transfer something from one character that is downed to another would be groundbreaking. 
    NemoAbernnigan said:
    Alex Wilder

5 Star

Refuse to Die-Yellow- 7 AP
    Alex is determined to live at any cost, even the lives of his so called friends. Conjuring a healing spell with the stolen Staff of One, Alex creates 2 strength 40 protect tiles then restore 185 health for each friendly Protect tile on the board (max. 6 tiles).
    (Passive) Friendly Protect tiles' strength is increased by 15%, but they only effect Alex. At the start of turn, if you have more protect tiles than the enemy, increase the strength of those tiles by 8.
    Level 2: Creates 2 tiles of strength 47. Restores 206 health for each friendly Protect tile. Increases tiles' strength by 12.
    Level 3: Creates 3 tiles of strength 47. Friendly Protect tiles' strength is increased by 20%. Increases tiles' strength by 14.
    Level 4: Creates 3 tiles of strength 64. Restores 278 health per Protect tile. Protect tiles' strength is increased by 30%. Increases tiles' strength by 20.
    Level 5: Creates 4 tiles of strength 64. Restores 361 health per Protect tile. Protect tiles' strength is increased by 50%. Increases tiles' strength by 34.

Stolen Toys-Red- 12 AP
    Alex puts Chase's Stolen gear to use. Turn 4 chosen basic tiles into red basic tiles. 
    (Passive) As long as Alex is active, all hidden enemy trap tiles are revealed and enemies cannot go invisible without an invisibility tile targeting them
    Level 3- 11 cost
    Level 5- 10 cost

Corrupted Guardian-Black
    Alex is Old Lace's master now.
    (Passive) When Alex is in danger, Old Lace leaps into action! If Alex would take 1000 damage or more, Old Lace jumps in front, resisting the damage instead, and creating a 3 turn green repeater tile. While this tile is on the board Old Lace remains in front and Old Lace make a free match every time it goes off. As long as Old Lace is in front she and her master deal 150% match damage in their strongest color, create a random strength 20 attack tile, and generate an extra AP on match-5 or greater matches in his strongest color. 
    Level 2- 900 Damage. Generates an extra AP and an AP in his strongest color on match-5's
    Level 3- 2 turn repeater. Also destroys a random additional tile in his strongest color on match-5's, generating AP and dealing damage.
    Level 4- 800 Damage. Activates on match-4 or greater.
    Level 5- 1 turn repeater. 250% match damage.
    Good suggestion, but I don't like it because of 3 letters: BRB. His Yellow makes him immortal next to Beta Ray. Am I mistaken by interpreting his Yellow (Passive) as all friendly shield tiles affect Alex Wilder only, including Shield tiles created by other powers? If so, that makes it slightly better. I would feel even better if his Yellow costed more.

His Red being slightly different than Chase's is good to see. It's like he's using the gear, but more efficiently. He still converts tiles to Red, though. The original purpose of converting tiles to Red was to power Chase's Red. Since Alex has no Red power, he could instead convert tiles to Yellow. This change would also support increasing the cost of his Yellow.

I can see what you were trying to do with his Black. You were seeking that fine balance of power. There are a lot of components, but all of them are niche or limited. You might be able to eliminate some of those powers, thereby, making it possible to make the others stronger. For example, drop the Attack tile (it was Arsenic's power anyway) and focus more on the extra damage. You could also try splitting those powers between Alex and Old Lace. For example, while Alex is in front, power A is active and while Old Lace is in front, power B is active.

Another option is to have their powers exist as a fired power. In this case, you would drop the 1000 damage requirement and spend AP for the repeater tile. Though, this change would diminish Old Lace's need of being visually present (except for animations), I think this is a good balanced option. 

The creativity within the theme is on the mark, though.