**** Scorpion (Classic) ****

Options
124»

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Polaris/Medusa/BRB is a tough team as Medusa has a 2 in 3 chance of feeding Bill & Lorna green and blue AP as well as the healing and all the shields.
    On the contrary, Hulkoye takes the first two out usually in 2-3 turns. Add a stunner and BRB dies right after that 
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    On scorpion, just did his people half a dozen times in a row, and still had 20 purple iso, so it's good against low health waves.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Polaris/Medusa/BRB is a tough team as Medusa has a 2 in 3 chance of feeding Bill & Lorna green and blue AP as well as the healing and all the shields.
    On the contrary, Hulkoye takes the first two out usually in 2-3 turns. Add a stunner and BRB dies right after that 
    I am sure your baby champed iHulk/Okoye team gets battered on a regular basis also. Nothing wrong with the team I mentioned otherwise.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    wymtime said:
    After playing him in Introducing Scorpions red is pretty bad.  This will only be good with Goons like mindless ones who put out a CD each turn.

for his animations I will give them a solid B+. Green is solid with shooting his stinger and the bubbles for poison effect.  Purple multiple attacks is solid, red is meh just a yell.

Was this ever really in doubt?  We have several proc-on-enemy-cast passives in the game already, and they are all basically only useful against goons or on pvp defense (though thy can be pretty good in those specific scenarios).  I don't think I ever expected scorpion's red to be any different. 

I wanted to give him a play test first.  In the wave node unlocked today his red and purple were very good as purple would kill 1-2 goons per cast.  The goons were low level.  If you use an Okoye boost he could be useful when boosted in wave nodes.  Being able to fire that Purple multiple times in a row could be useful.

is he good overall no can he be useful with Okoye’s massive boost yes.  Will he be the fastest team in PVE against goons probably not but you could have fun with him if you like the character.

against tile movers he is pretty useless
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i wonder if the 3 turns a SW takes to produce purple, along side a Scorp, and an Okoye, would be quick enough against goons...?

I mean... with Saved Teams, its completely viable to have a saved team for goons, for one with movers, a 2-man team for essentials... 
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The purple yields 9AP per kill. I can‘t believe this is intended and will be nerfed. If not, okoye and scorpio will tear through wave nodes maybe ecen in CL10. You get flooded with purple.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    supergarv said:
    The purple yields 9AP per kill. I can‘t believe this is intended and will be nerfed. If not, okoye and scorpio will tear through wave nodes maybe ecen in CL10. You get flooded with purple.

Yeah I went winfinte in the wave node VERY quickly and finished with close to 30 purple as you get 9 per killed character.
    I doubt it gets nerfed though because it's only useful in wave nodes and there just aren't that many of them any more in PvE that aren't already trivial now that the 7 days PvE events like the Wolverine/Hand one is essentially retired.
    KGB
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    The purple is insane and lots of fun I must admit.
  • Michael1957
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    The purple is insane and lots of fun I must admit.
    I can see Black Cat/ Scorpion ♏️ Easily stun locking a team 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Okoye/Heimdall is pretty fun in this Scorpion PVP. If you go in with +2 to blue, you can kickstart things pretty fast and make it so downing anyone with that purple generates enough purple to just fire it again. Both wing persons have a true heal that’s fairly cheap.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In his S.H.I.E.L.D. training Apocalypse is the 5-star essential. Scorpion's purple boosted by Apocalypse will be quite devastating. Hoping for one of the few day 2 and especially day 3 nodes where I don't have to use whales to get to the day-4-LT. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Options
    wymtime said:
    Vhailorx said:
    wymtime said:
    After playing him in Introducing Scorpions red is pretty bad.  This will only be good with Goons like mindless ones who put out a CD each turn.

for his animations I will give them a solid B+. Green is solid with shooting his stinger and the bubbles for poison effect.  Purple multiple attacks is solid, red is meh just a yell.

Was this ever really in doubt?  We have several proc-on-enemy-cast passives in the game already, and they are all basically only useful against goons or on pvp defense (though thy can be pretty good in those specific scenarios).  I don't think I ever expected scorpion's red to be any different. 

I wanted to give him a play test first.  In the wave node unlocked today his red and purple were very good as purple would kill 1-2 goons per cast.  The goons were low level.  If you use an Okoye boost he could be useful when boosted in wave nodes.  Being able to fire that Purple multiple times in a row could be useful.

is he good overall no can he be useful with Okoye’s massive boost yes.  Will he be the fastest team in PVE against goons probably not but you could have fun with him if you like the character.

against tile movers he is pretty useless

I think is a little too hard on him.  He isn't meta by any means, but he seems like an above average 4* to me.  decent damage, self-acceleration, strike tile generation and boosting.  In 2016 or 2017 he would have been a top tier 4*.  Thanks to power creep, he won't stand up to monsters like karnak and polaris, but he is still significantly better than many dozens of his peers.  I think he is a solid second tier (maybe even second tier+) 4*.
    It's also amusing that demi is now so clearly designing characters around damage boosters.  On it's own, this purple is pretty meh, 3x2000 for 10ap is significantly worse than many other 4* nukes.  But given that it can multi-proc strikes or apoc/okoye, and that it regens 9ap on a kill, he will be quite strong in practice.  And demi knows it, which must be why so many new 4*s are releasing with truly pitiful base damage (especially when they have multiple hits). 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    If this was a 5* power, He'd be a fun anti-hulk solution. I tried facing down an iHulk team with the loaner in STing Theory to see if Okoye boosting/Heimdall cheapening him could make for an iHulk infinite Death Loop, but he just got green doored like immediately and it was over before it started.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    [...]It's also amusing that demi is now so clearly designing characters about damage boosters.  [...]  
    We've been edging towards this since Rescue really. Looking at characters like Valkyrie, Apocalypse, 5* Magneto, and now Scorpion doing it actively, and Iceman and Old Man Daken doing it passively with repeaters that do nibbles of boostable damage that don't seem like much until they hit you en masse. I'd say that Scorpion is probably pretty lateral to Valkyrie, except that Bounty Hunter can give you whatever your strongest color is which makes her more generally useful rather than Scorpion being specifically purple-useful.
  • Michael1957
    Options
    If this was a 5* power, He'd be a fun anti-hulk solution. I tried facing down an iHulk team with the loaner in STing Theory to see if Okoye boosting/Heimdall cheapening him could make for an iHulk infinite Death Loop, but he just got green doored like immediately and it was over before it started.
    I tried a Heimdall- Okoye team up and it works nicely against 98% of teams 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I like him. Sure he isn't meta but I will be happy to champ him and use him to chop down goons.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I tried a Heimdall- Okoye team up and it works nicely against 98% of teams 
    Most teams work nicely against 98% of teams lol. THere's just such a huge gap in character quality between the top tier and the rest of the game.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am enjoying Scorpion.  I am a 5* player but it is fun to use Scorpion.  His Pink/Purple is welcome.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Yeah i am also impressed with Scorpion when used with a power booster. He was fun with Apocalypse in intro to shield.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used him with Kitty and Shuri in the last node. The max number of purple ap is capped at 23 (10 purple ap - 3 reduction from Shuri) after you fire his power. Even if there are 20 waves, he downing everyone quickly.