**** Scorpion (Classic) ****

Options

Comments

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    helix72 said:
    He looks interesting, but I doubt he'll rock me like a hurricane.
    Bravo @helix72, just bravo 😂
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Are we able to use Scorpion and 1* Venom on the same team, since they're both Mac Gargan?  I mean, I don't know why you would, but the question remains.
    Considering you can use Onslaught, Magneto and Professor X in the same team, I imagine...
  • Jacklag
    Options
    Polares said:

The team was a big clue as usually Okoye, 5hor are teamed with either Spiderman 2099 or Sabretooth (now that I think about it SB is not a great acronym, it is the one I have seen here but probably ST would be better. I think from now on I will just call him sabre :P)
    I think nobody will misunderstand if you call him Toothie
  • Uber_mpq
    Uber_mpq Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    4* prof is a purple battery
  • Jacklag
    edited December 2020
    Options
    AlexR said: 

Everyone using the same meta of 5 rotating characters in a cast of 100 characters is extremely boring. Why would you want that? 
    Because it used to be only the same 3 characters from a cast of over 100. So it is an improvement. Of course, in an ideal world all characters would be meta and get the same use, but that's actually very unlikely. Some combinations will be stronger than others. I'm glad that, thanks to Polaris, now at least each strong team has at least one possible counter, even if 4/5 of those counters include Polaris.
  • Jacklag
    Options
    She has use when played defensively, especially when you team her up with Medusa. It makes your opponents (team with R4G/BRB) think twice about matching special tiles. 
    I eat that couple with America Chavez and Karnak.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jacklag said:
    She has use when played defensively, especially when you team her up with Medusa. It makes your opponents (team with R4G/BRB) think twice about matching special tiles. 
    I eat that couple with America Chavez and Karnak.
    Yeah, but isn't that awesome?!  I mean... you just mentioned a non-polaris combo to beat them, and he mentioned that combo as one that might pose a better defensive chance of winning...

And there's people complaining about the lack of polaris in PvP -- and here you are, giving up a non-polaris option.

I think everyone actually has what they want, but Polaris is still in the "honeymoon" phase, since there's still people just now champing her.  There's plenty of options to use, and some obvious meta stuff, but everyone will learn and adapt over time.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    One of my favorites to use on Polaris teams is Apocalypse Onslaught and Prof X.
    all three can eat a lot of initial damage and don’t rely much on special tiles.
    Since they nerfed Bishop, I have been having so much more fun with PVP, using more specific teams like that to knock against whatever other meta is being presented.  iHulk Okoye is the new downer,but I play for wins so it’s easy enough for me to just skip.  Lot more variety now.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polaris/Medusa/BRB is a tough team as Medusa has a 2 in 3 chance of feeding Bill & Lorna green and blue AP as well as the healing and all the shields.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    helix72 said:

Winning a fight with him will take me to the magic of the moment on a glory night, that is for sure.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After playing him in Introducing Scorpions red is pretty bad.  This will only be good with Goons like mindless ones who put out a CD each turn.

for his animations I will give them a solid B+. Green is solid with shooting his stinger and the bubbles for poison effect.  Purple multiple attacks is solid, red is meh just a yell.

• JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    wymtime said:
    After playing him in Introducing...

Was Scorpion also Immune to Spidey’s stun for you? He was for me this morning, but it felt like a bug since I can’t find any language on his powers saying anything about stun immunity.

-JaGo
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Scorpion immune to Spidey's stun for me also which seems wrong but I sort of liked if it is just against Spidey.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2020
    Options
    remember, its just for the Introducing... event.  One on One's have stun immunity for you AND the CPU.

EDIT:  This is also to benefit the player in this case... cpu Spidey throws out his blue, which does damage, but no stun... and Scorp replies with that passive red, which normally wouldn't proc if he's stunned.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Ah, that would be it, thanks @PiMacleod.
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification. Admittedly, I haven’t paid that close attention to the Introducing events and had not noticed this previously.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Just wait until the Winds of Change come along and he gets buffed.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Just wait until the Winds of Change come along and he gets buffed.
    Listen. It's a Crazy World world for sure. While I Can't Explain how they came up with this configuration, and when I read his powers, it wasn't exactly Love at First Sting, I can say, Scorpion: there's No One Like You.

As for MPQ: despite another non-meta toon, I'm Still Loving You.

All of these puns are simply for my own Savage Amusement.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Uber_mpq said:
    4* prof is a purple battery

4* prof is a 'strongest color' battery.  so relying on him for purple will restrict team selection pretty signficantly.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:
    After playing him in Introducing Scorpions red is pretty bad.  This will only be good with Goons like mindless ones who put out a CD each turn.

for his animations I will give them a solid B+. Green is solid with shooting his stinger and the bubbles for poison effect.  Purple multiple attacks is solid, red is meh just a yell.

Was this ever really in doubt?  We have several proc-on-enemy-cast passives in the game already, and they are all basically only useful against goons or on pvp defense (though thy can be pretty good in those specific scenarios).  I don't think I ever expected scorpion's red to be any different.