Patch Notes - 4.5.1

Options
2»

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,283 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please, for those who felt disadvantaged, contact our support, and provide your UID. We will analyze each case!
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Sorin81 said:
    Basically,  top 1 finishers played RoA twice.  Shouldn't they recieve what they earned?

Why not put in a ticket and see what happens?  Technically you DID score 120 or above.  I see no reason you shouldn't get the rewards.
    Oh believe me, I put my ticket in yesterday.  

And as Oktagon Support did above,  I urge everyone to put a ticket in, from 120 up to 240. 
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They would save a lot of resources if they just own up to their mistake and reward everyone in the mailbox for a universal screw up. I never liked the ticket system and I have not seen it in any other game. I play PAD and if they even have a minor bug that I never noticed they just reward everyone with a bonus reward. 
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @Mburn7 @Sorin81 @bil - I made a ticket and received a polite rejection that my 1st prize was all I’m supposed to get. This was as expected and not necessarily unfair.

However, I’m curious; did anyone who placed below 1st place I.e. get 120-239 point get compensation and what did this compensation consist of? Was the compensation a complete 1st price or was it the difference between their prize and a 1st place prize.
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Tremayne I got the 3 packs you would get from 1st place. As far as I can tell I did not get the 2 jewel difference or the rune difference. The packs are really the only difference between 1st and last in this event.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    @ambrosio191 - true, the packs are the prize, but wanted to make sure. 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Tremayne I got the 3 packs you would get from 1st place. As far as I can tell I did not get the 2 jewel difference or the rune difference. The packs are really the only difference between 1st and last in this event.
    Same here, and they made a point to say "We verified that you won 12 matches in a row" as some sort of qualifier that was not previously stated
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    But would it be fair that you lose your first game then you win 12 straight to get the compensation awarded ? I mean, if you were not supposed to get more than 12 charges, then in my opinion, you should not get the compensation.

The correct situation to get compensation should be winning the first 12 matches of the event.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    (Isn’t there 14 matches in these events tho?)
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support are you also addressing players that aren't forum regulars? It seems fair to me that they should have the chance to file a ticket to CS as well. 
  • Sorin81
    Options
    I recieved similar response @Tremayne. Of course I don't accept the logic of their decision nor their claim that there are no rewards they can compensate so I will continue my "conversation" with them. 

This entire situation has been mishandled, beginning with the premature announcement that the node recharge was fixed (obviously, no testing was done to verify this before they made the claim) and culminating in even more miscommunication right here.  Not to mention that @Opperstamper brings up a really good point; only a small percentage of players are active forum members. I don't think anything has been done, by Oktagon, to inform those players that they should contact support. 
  • JinQuiet
    JinQuiet Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    The support's answer you get for finishing with 240 points.
    Make your own conclusions.
    ======================================
    Hello ****,

Thank you for contacting us.
    We apologize for the double charges issue during Rise of Adventure this weekend.
    As informed, we would compensate players who got a disadvantage due to the double charges and ended not gaining all the rewards they should for 1st place, even playing the usual 12 charges, and not more than this.

After our investigation, we confirmed that you finished the event at 1st rank, so you received all possible rewards for the event and there are no more rewards that we can send you.

The event will not be scheduled anymore until it's fixed.

If you have any further questions, please be sure to contact us!

Thank you for understanding,
    Oktagon Support.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2020
    Options
    JinQuiet said:
    The support's answer you get for finishing with 240 points.

As informed, we would compensate players who got a disadvantage due to the double charges and ended not gaining all the rewards they should for 1st place, even playing the usual 12 charges, and not more than this.

How many players did score perfect until reaching 120 points (thus knowing there's a double charge bug already) ... And then stopped playing ...? 

You're not making apologies for the double effort asked to the whole community during the event.. You're just giving apologies to the players who willingly chosed to stop playing before the end ... 

It seems like the apologies are even more unfair than the mistake itself.

jtwood said:
    Same here, and they made a point to say "We verified that you won 12 matches in a row" as some sort of qualifier that was not previously stated

It also appears that there's a significant diference beetween what was comunicated to players on the forum and the customer support version ...

Some apologies ... huh?
  • Sorin81
    Options
    My continued conversation with support 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nov. 26 - from support

Hello Xxxxxx,

As we said in our last message, the maximum rewards a player would receive for the event was for the 1st Rank.
    None player received double rewards for the event. 

What we did was send compensation to players who got a disadvantage due to the double charges. 
    The player received the difference of the rewards from 1st rank (Individual) to player's final rank in the event. So these players ended the event receiving rewards as if they finished in 1st rank.

If you require assistance for another issue, please contact us again with another ticket and we will see what we can do to help.

Best Regards,
    Oktagon Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nov. 27 - reply to support 

I completely understand what you have done however you seem to be having trouble understanding what I'm trying to explain to you so I'll try to break it down. 

You said the event was fixed. Obviously it was not. Apparently you did not test to assure that the event was fixed before you made the claim. 

Players, including myself, expected one charge and made plans to play the event as it was intended to run. I am not sure what you mean when you say "players who got a disadvantage" when everyone got the exact same disadvantage! 
    Regardless, in the forums (and nowhere else so obviously players that aren't active forum members don't matter) you announced that anyone that made 120 points should submit a ticket for review and compensation. Nothing in the post suggested that these points need be from consecutive matches. 

Tickets were submitted. Including tickets from disadvantaged players like myself who scored perfectly in the event. 
    Let me say this bluntly
    I was disadvantaged because in order for me to get first place rewards I had to play the event twice!
    While you are handing the same rewards to people who did not share the same dedication as myself. This is insulting to myself and others who persevered through this bugged event. 

I hope this helps you to understand the situation

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nov. 30

Still no reply................... 

• Tremayne
    Options
    @Sorin81 - Sadly, stonewalling is a kind or response...
  • Sorin81
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    @Sorin81 - Sadly, stonewalling is a kind or response...
    True.

I did get a response again, however it was nothing more than the same message reworded. 

I have asked now that they put me in touch with someone...... else.  
  • Sorin81
    Options
    Well,  I guess with 4.6 being announced this will be pushed down and forgotten.  

• Sorin81
    Options
    More and more of the same rhetoric. 

I still have no clue why all players weren't considered disadvantaged, despite all players playing the event and experiencing the same bug. 

I was told that support could do nothing more because of protocols that had been given to them, however they could not put me in contact with anyone else.  
    Obviously customer support had their hands tied and were thereby made inept. 

@Opperstamper, I was able to get an answer as to why they only informed the relatively small number of forum members rather than putting the announcement in game. According to support; 
    "The Forum is our official channel to interact and have a talk with the players, so that's why the annoucement was made there."

Aside from trying to contact someone at Wizards, which has been done before to no avail, I have run into a wall.  

• Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sorin81 said:

@Opperstamper, I was able to get an answer as to why they only informed the relatively small number of forum members rather than putting the announcement in game. According to support; 
    "The Forum is our official channel to interact and have a talk with the players, so that's why the annoucement was made there."

So if the forums is the right place to interact and have a talk, why was it answered there and not here?

I know you don't have the answer to that Sorin, thanks for forwarding the reply anyway. 
  • Tremayne
    Options
    thanks for trying @Sorin81. Sorry the result was negative!

This is a huge Deja vu: ask on the forum and the response is: yes,
    talk to CS and their response is no, because someone has not given permission.

Trying to get someone in power to give a clear and consistent response, impossible because they are not reachable. Sigh!