Please stop with Raw!!

Comments

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    and 6, i want to play with cards from the newest set instead of cards that i've had for ages and ages.

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    soultwist said:

Look The Elderspark was 50 matches (5 more then the longest other event), and lots of matches against 300HP opponents that have huge mana boosts, and rewards that its not worth writing home about.  This doesn't mean we can't play The Dragon War.  It's legacy PvP meaning the matches are insanely fast and it offers good rewards.
    Man, do I love TDW. Probably my favorite event in this game.

• soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    jtwood said:
    soultwist said:

Look The Elderspark was 50 matches (5 more then the longest other event), and lots of matches against 300HP opponents that have huge mana boosts, and rewards that its not worth writing home about.  This doesn't mean we can't play The Dragon War.  It's legacy PvP meaning the matches are insanely fast and it offers good rewards.

This weekend will be 8 months since it was last played :(  

I always liked it, I know others didn't.  Imagine playing an event with locked nodes and only allowed certain colors?  What a concept.
  • jtwood
    edited November 2020
    Wow eight months? I had no idea.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    There are reason why we play some events more then others.  And that's technical issues with other events that frustrate players to the point of quitting. I would much rather play a safe, event versus one that's going to crash and burn every time.
    I personally think that @Oktagon_Support is working their fingers to the bone to keep us happy.   Lets show them just a little appreciation and love. 
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I would rather play nothing than another instance of RAW. There is nothing redeeming about RAW. It has bad objectives, a faster recharge, and an inconvenient stop time for much of the world.  We cant even use our legacy collections like all the other events that rotate.
  • jtwood
    Julie71 said:
    There are reason why we play some events more then others.  And that's technical issues with other events that frustrate players to the point of quitting. I would much rather play a safe, event versus one that's going to crash and burn every time.
    I personally think that @Oktagon_Support is working their fingers to the bone to keep us happy.   Lets show them just a little appreciation and love. 
    The only event slack I'm willing to give Oktagon is a concession that they are working with an app whose framework was built by a completely different company. No one likes inheriting anyone else's code. It's not fun to be constrained, especially if the predecessor was inept (as was likely the case). So I'll give Oktagon the benefit of conceding that I know they're working with a hand tied behind their back.
    But they still need to do better than this. At the very least, they need to be more transparent. Most of the ranting and raving that occurs here happens in a vacuum that lets commentary get out of control. Why are we playing this event so much? Why have other events disappeared? What's with the focus on low-reward events? Why aren't we seeing greater use of the Titanomachy recharge scheme? And on and on... These questions don't need to bounce around, unheard and unanswered.
    If they are working so hard to keep us happy, why doesn't it feel that way?
  • ambrosio191
    jtwood said:
    Julie71 said:
    The only event slack I'm willing to give Oktagon is a concession that they are working with an app whose framework was built by a completely different company. No one likes inheriting anyone else's code. It's not fun to be constrained, especially if the predecessor was inept (as was likely the case). So I'll give Oktagon the benefit of conceding that I know they're working with a hand tied behind their back.
    But they still need to do better than this. At the very least, they need to be more transparent. Most of the ranting and raving that occurs here happens in a vacuum that lets commentary get out of control. Why are we playing this event so much? Why have other events disappeared? What's with the focus on low-reward events? Why aren't we seeing greater use of the Titanomachy recharge scheme? And on and on... These questions don't need to bounce around, unheard and unanswered.

I believe you mean Colossal Tussle, not Titanomachy, but everything else you said is on point.  It doesnt feel like they are working to keep us happy, it feels like just the opposite. They are working to drive us to VIP and nothing else.
  • jtwood
    Yes, thanks @ambrosio191
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Julie71 said:
    I love raw :)

That's OK,  we like you anyway 😉
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    jtwood said:

Yep, one of my favorites as well. I don't know why they decided to just stop running it - I know that some of the event supports had some bugs but it's not like "this event has bugs" has stopped them from running other events.

If I had to guess it's probably that TDW is too generous. Giving out dupe mythics seems to be strictly verboten these days....
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    jtwood said:
    Julie71 said:

Yep. The Q&A could be a valuable place for them to expound on all of these very frequent questions/complaints/concerns.  Instead, though they are occasionally useful, the majority of the time our concerns and questions are papered over with vague platitudes.  

The biggest frustration for me, for years, has been the unnecessary gulf between what the game COULD be and what the game IS. 
  • Klep
    Klep Posts: 52 Match Maker
    It's just plain demoralizing any time I see RAW is scheduled.
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    madwren said:

Yep. The Q&A could be a valuable place for them to expound on all of these very frequent questions/complaints/concerns.  Instead, though they are occasionally useful, the majority of the time our concerns and questions are papered over with vague platitudes.  

Q&A has truly become PMQs, the opposition ask questions, those in charge fluff and evade answering. Hugely frustrating.
  • Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Flatten the curve!
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    jtwood said:
    FWIW

Is anyone else surprised to see the number is as low as 12? 

Honestly, I would have guessed 20. 
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    true, but it is still double the second most played event.....

and to see that there are 6 events that have only been played once in 2020......
  • Opperstamper
    Opperstamper Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Probably nitpicking, but TTN should be 8. I think TOM (counting 2) is also TTN. Or does it mean something else?

There's also a good number of events played 0 times.

More interesting numbers would appear if the other events are condensed under their "parent name" too. 
  • ambrosio191
    As far as I know, RAW is the only coalition event that is broken into 5 sub events.  I dont know what TOM is, but my best guess is Titanomacy, which is also TTN.