Please stop with Raw!!

Options
andrewvanmarle
andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
I'm literally begging you! 

The node refresh, amount of games to be played, having to slow down to a crawl to be able to meet the objectives and the horrible end time are a weekend wrecker! 

I stopped playing when  War entered rotation and I remember now why....

Please reconsider using this event for the near and distant future.... 

Comments

• JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Why? It was what almost everyone on the forums wanted, at the time no?

1. Complaints of power creep -> Overcosted RaW block cards (especially mechanic cards)
    2. Lack of interaction -> longer, more obnoxious objectives using those overcosted RaW cards. 
    3. Request for set restrictions since everyone was using the same powerhouse cards -> still use the same powerhouse cards everyone else is using.. but also stunt creativity/options in the process by limiting the pool of decent cards to play. 

*slow golf clap*

I saw these problems coming a mile away. But anything I posted here never made an impact usually; so why bother? (P.S. my old deleted forum account; not this one)
  • andrewvanmarle
    Options
    Congratulations James....... 

• Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just don’t play RAW. It is a lot of effort for exceptionally poor rewards. Kudos for laying it out in so much detail, but put simply: not worth my time.

I’m ok with slow matches If the rewards are there.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RaW is fine. It’s the frequency of the event that’s becoming a drag. 
  • andrewvanmarle
    Options
    I just don’t play RAW. 
    <snip>
    I’m ok with slow matches If the rewards are there.
    I don't want to let my coalition down more than the rewards...

Slow matches are OK, but then not that many. 
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jtwood said:
    I must confess it wouldnt be such a pain if there wasnt 5 versions of it scheduled as if they were diferent events ... 
    On the other hand, "thanks" to the RAW quintet, 1/2 coalition events have poor rewards ... Which might not be totally accidental ...
  • jtwood
    Options
    All events that offer 1-5 jewels for ranking are an offensive joke of a waste of time that I can't believe they had the audacity to create.
    You're assuming the coalition event has an obligation to reward individual performance.
    Would I like better individual rewards in their current array of coalition events? Absolutely.
    But if they came out and said that coalition events are weighted with rewards for top-performing coalitions, I don't think I would begrudge them that perspective.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1st: @andrewvanmarle Don't leave us!!!!
    2nd: I agree wholeheartedly with my coalitionmate Andrew. For me the BIG problems with RAW are the start and end times, the 6hr recharge, and the low number of max charges. If each node had say 5 or 6 max charges, an 8hr recharge, and started a few hours earlier on Friday and ended a few hours later on Sunday it would be fine with me.

• JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Congratulations James....... 

Sorry I couldn't resist :wink: Otherwise, I agree with you. But, I would prefer individual card buffs to the weaker cards in the RaW event block.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jtwood said:

I was coming here to say the same thing. I wouldn't mind RaW if it wasn't being done at twice the frequency of other events. It's ridiculous. 

What I really don't understand, though, is why they put Seize the Day opposite RaW. Why not put it opposite something like HxB or another two-node event?  
  • andrewvanmarle
    Options
    @Ampersand

Not leaving you, at all! 

But this event is reminding me why I lost interest in the game at the end of the Ravnica block. 

@JamesGam
    I know, I just was tired and annoyed with everything and everyone. 

@JTWood and @Endbringer:
    It's not the rewards for me, though a I miss fighting for a mythic draw like the olden days. These days I don't care since my collection is complete (barring the exclusives I passed up on) 

My problem is the start time, end time 6 hour recharge, objectives and amount of games that need playing. 

Tweaking those parameters would help a lot. 
    Slow objectives-> less games
    Same amount of games - > faster objectives
    Etc etc
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hate the RaW almost as much as I hated the Race to Orchaza Ixalan event.

I actually stopped playing and gave up halfway through it.  Not because I couldn't do it, but because I actually got more enjoyment doing work-related stuff than playing that unbearable event.  I feel bad that as a co-leader I should have set a better example for my team, but it's such a pain to play.

Rant over, thanks for coming to my TED talk.
  • jtwood
    Options
    madwren said:
    jtwood said:

I was coming here to say the same thing. I wouldn't mind RaW if it wasn't being done at twice the frequency of other events. It's ridiculous. 

What I really don't understand, though, is why they put Seize the Day opposite RaW. Why not put it opposite something like HxB or another two-node event?  
    My guess? One event is heavily weighted towards coalition performance, and one event is heavily weighted towards individual performance. It gives non-coalition people a chance to earn some notable rewards during a coalition event period.
  • andrewvanmarle
    Options
    Why all the focus on rewards.? 

It's the event that stinks, I'm not even considering the rewards.... 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    jtwood said:
    madwren said:
    jtwood said:

My guess? One event is heavily weighted towards coalition performance, and one event is heavily weighted towards individual performance. It gives non-coalition people a chance to earn some notable rewards during a coalition event period.

That's a fair rationale, and I wouldn't be surprised if you're correct. It makes for a very grindy weekend, though, and I know that I'd much prefer if we didn't have weekends where there seemed like nothing to do bookended by weekends where there was too much to do.

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love raw :) 
  • andrewvanmarle
    Options
    Julie71 said:
    I love raw :) 
    Your preferences are noted!
    😂
  • andrewvanmarle
    Options
    What will it take for us to get a break from RaW, me on my knees? Allready there! 

Pleaaaaaaaaaase!! 
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madwren said:
    jtwood said:

Ditto X 1000

Look, what happened to all the events?  We last played a legacy PvP in MAY!  Are they being withheld because the rewards are too good?  We also play PvE very rarely now.

I think you are having a hard time digesting the user complaints.  We complain about an event like The Elderspark and then we get nothing but **** 2 node 14 match events with no rewards.  Kind of an overreaction at best or a passive aggressive FU at worst. 

Seriously before this current trend the shortest event by a longshot was A World Reborn (which 1. we never play anymore and 2. I think people generally thought it was too short.)  That was 20 matches and we thought it was a slow weekend.  Now they are all 14.  

Look The Elderspark was 50 matches (5 more then the longest other event), and lots of matches against 300HP opponents that have huge mana boosts, and rewards that its not worth writing home about.  This doesn't mean we can't play The Dragon War.  It's legacy PvP meaning the matches are insanely fast and it offers good rewards.

1.  Every single event will have complaints, you just need to boil those down to real concerns vs people grousing
    2.  We all want to things to be fair
    3.  We all want to get rewards and also be rewarded for our time
    4.  No one wants to keep playing the exact same thing week after week
    5.  No one wants one very small difference to affect there ranking in a huge way.

I think this is a pretty reasonable list here, I cant see anyone taking issue to it.

Please think about your events and schedule in regards of these points, especially 2-5.  Adjust schedule or events as necessary.

Back to The Elderspark, at least it was something different (point 4).  You couldn't just tweak the number of matches or the boss HP/powers?  No one is asking to have it made so everyone gets 100% but have you played it?  

In regards to WAR, sure its slow (I think this is just point 1) and It WOULD be something different as its our only coalition block restricted event BUT its played all the time (point 4) and it also the event that screws over everyone in Europe (point 2)