**** Red Guardian (Alexei Shostakov) ****

2»

Comments

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:

He's going to be a better defensive partner than Polaris for BRB. The self stun is less of a drawback in the hands of the AI that would only fire it once anyway. But really, I don't see anything that jumps out as either strengthening or altering the meta. Maybe I'm just not seeing it?

Especially it seems that his yellow activates not only when an ally fires a power but he uses his red as well. 2 red matches gets the ball rolling quick
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Looks like they decided to push out the remaining black widow film tie-in characters now that the movie is delayed indefinitely. 
    This seems like a fairly meh 4*.  high health, but also higher cost powers. passive protect tile generation might make him useful as a partner for BRB, but that seems pretty niche. 
    The red is underpowered for a 4*, even if you meet the contingency (though ignoring protects is nice).  disappointing.
    Yellow passive is fine as things go (these types of passives are generally always useful, but protects are lower value than, say, strikes and fortification, so this isn't as good as 4* Torch). 
    Blue produces reasonably strong attack tiles which is nice, but the self stun and short enemy stun duration is fatal.  There are no circumstances under which this would be desirable over the many other, much much better blue stuns available in 4* land. 
    And, of course: the 4* tier is dead, so adding this decidedly meh character to the mix is definitely a waste of time and money for players and devs alike.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2020
    Can someone from slice 1 give us a summary of day 1 of the PVE event.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Couple of things.
    His self stun can be used offensively with the likes of 5 Widow. His red, while a little expensive, would be great in a few PvEs I can remember where dropAI keeps giving 2seye purples or vs. Cage. Finally, he is pretty meh in a tier full of pretty meh.
     I will add that while it’s obvious to pair him w/ BRB, there are tons of other characters I would take first. Polaris or Kitty for a duo. For trios, why not take a winfinite team? His best use is probably generating champ rewards.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    With 5* BW, BW will stun a 2nd character and not stack with RG.  RG attack tiles are stronger than I thought which is good.  I feel his passive will be good with Apocalypse letting him fire his black multiple times or spamming more protect tiles for BRB.

for animations they are OK.  They might be really good in 3D as he comes close to right at you.  I was kind of disappointed his passive did not have an animation.  
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    MrPlow said:
    Can someone from slice 1 give us a summary of day 1 of the PVE event.
    Agents of shield and nick fury. Pretty easy sub.
    The challenge node is reasonable. BW 5*, winter soldier, kraven.
    The big danger on this sub is flamethrower cds.
    In fact is more amazing fighting ultron prime with 2* in DD. Yesterday was fury, too.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    For Welcome to Shield:
    Given that DD is the essential 5* in this event, I was able to clear the riri/bobbi/goon node pretty easily with Switch.  For those of you without a functional DD, the usual options of valk or legion should be viable (though valk is much less useful if you have dd champed because there is nothing to do with all the yellow ap she generates).
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did it with Apocalypse.  BUT -- it was rather close, and I don't have a champed DD (just 9 covers).

https://youtu.be/leelD2GiRbU
  • Bad
    About introducing to final stage: that was a funny battle. Having heavily restricted to just 3 characters who almost never I play made a good battle. And also made me think how dangerous could be facing red guardian on a pve high leveled with just a minion.
    About WS: low leveled DD, another time xavier saved the day and the LL.
    About pvp: he has a great sinergy with apocalypse, plus his stun comes really handy in a team with no blue users. Perhaps I will use my scanty iso champing him after all if Im still liking him later.
  • Bad
    Welcome shield day 3, today there was no 5* loaner. Oops
  • Bad
    OJSP said:
    Bad said:
    Welcome shield day 3, today there was no 5* loaner. Oops
    There's never been a 5* loaner for that node.
    True. Sometimes memory is fragile.