Shuffle

Options
Gideon
Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
I have now shuffled the board over 30 times resulting in zero gem matches. This mechanic is pointless please change it to something useful.

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shuffling is specifically not supposed to generate matches.
    It's the same effect as when the board is in an unmatchable state and it gets reset. Shuffling is designed to simply reset the board.
    My opinion: Any shuffling effect that takes place at the end of your turn is simply a gift to your opponent. You need to shuffle either beginning of turn or mid-turn where you can cast other gem converting spells afterward.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    critman said:
    I've not seen it myself, but I've heard from my coalition that the shuffling mechanic CAN generate a match. I thought, like you jtwood, that it would use the same code as the No More Matches state in the game, but apparently not? Can anyone confirm this?

Shufflng doesn't seem like a particularly useful mechanic to me. The best use of it would have been to put it on a Planeswalker, allowing you to look at the board and then only shuffle only you determined that there wasn't already a good move to make. Perhaps we'll get one of those in the future.
    The new Chandra mythic PW (Flamecaller) will autoshuffle at the end of your opponent's turn (and do other stuff)
  • JamesGam
    JamesGam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jtwood said:
    My opinion: Any shuffling effect that takes place at the end of your turn is simply a gift to your opponent. You need to shuffle either beginning of turn or mid-turn where you can cast other gem converting spells afterward.
    @Oktagon_Support We need a fix for this mechanic as shown above; thanks.

• Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It seems to be working as designed.  Shuffle at end of your turn is (usually, but not always) a net drawback, just like many other effects printed on many other cards.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It’s always a drawback because it never helps you.