Options
2»

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    pheregas said:

And if you can after a round or two, match Medusa's tile.  Then the damage really starts to roll in a turn or two later.
    Actually Medusa is useless against Apoc. Or rather her CD & attack tiles are. They don't count as damage when you are trying to remove the damage horseman. I discovered this a long time ago (pre-Juggs days) when I was running Medusa/Grocket/Gamora and I couldn't get his damage horseman to remove despite tons of attack tile damage backed with Grockets strikes. Eventually I realized all attack tile damage isn't counted for some reason.
    KGB

I'm not sure I understand what you mean...

Mainly because my attack tiles have been the difference between killing him, or his horseman, sometimes.  Kitty makes them via my Chewie support.  But I've also had Medusa do the work before...

I can't imagine why another fairly common source of damage wouldn't work.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Maybe it's changed then. But I know a year or more ago (before Juggs was released) that damage from Medusa's CD/Attack tiles wasn't counting as damage for his damage horseman.
    Attack tiles definitely *are* doing damage to Apoc (I still get them from C&D). But if you carefully check his damage horseman (the one in the upper right) you would note that all the damage from the attack tiles/CD's wasn't being counted toward the number needed to remove that horseman. It used to annoy me to no end because in rounds 6/7/8 it would take forever to do enough damage which is how I figured it out it wasn't counting. That led to me changing my teams entirely.
    KGB
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    KGB said:
    pheregas said:

And if you can after a round or two, match Medusa's tile.  Then the damage really starts to roll in a turn or two later.
    Actually Medusa is useless against Apoc. Or rather her CD & attack tiles are. They don't count as damage when you are trying to remove the damage horseman. I discovered this a long time ago (pre-Juggs days) when I was running Medusa/Grocket/Gamora and I couldn't get his damage horseman to remove despite tons of attack tile damage backed with Grockets strikes. Eventually I realized all attack tile damage isn't counted for some reason.
    KGB

I'm not sure I understand what you mean...

Mainly because my attack tiles have been the difference between killing him, or his horseman, sometimes.  Kitty makes them via my Chewie support.  But I've also had Medusa do the work before...

I can't imagine why another fairly common source of damage wouldn't work.
    The CD damage may not count towards the damage horseman, but it certainly does after.  I usually trigger that Apocalypse CD after one or two moves anyway.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    So, it's more like a (possibly former?) glitch with Entanglement, more than anything.

Gotcha.

Yeah, he's usually the first (and quickest) horseman to go down (thanks, Gritty!  ...and now Polaris too!).  But back before I had a good enough Kitty, I had to go with not-so-guaranteed routes.  ...you know, like ACTUALLY playing a match 3 game.  :tongue:
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I arrived too late to be helpful for this event, but for the next time you can try this: I did every fight in this event with 3*Wolverine (Patch)+3*Ironman+4*Cyclops, with a +Blue Match damage support on Wolverine (in my case I had a 4*Pym Blaster).

This way Logan tanks every color, but his strongest color is Green, which I don't really need for this team. Just use Recharge, get loaded on Green, Red and Blue AP, fire Cyclops' blue to gather some more Red and destroy the War tile than fire Wolverine's Red, Best There Is.

Since Logan is tanking every color, he will be doing around 40k damage. Which is enough to kill Apocalypse on every round. Since both X-Men are boosted in this event, it's likely that IM40 will have the lowest health and need to be healed from time to time. But it's not too much.

If you don't have a Blue Match damage support to put on Wolverine, you can replace Cyclops with Rogue or 4* Human Torch who both use the same colors of Patch and are likely to not tank anything while he is boosted.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Jacklag said:
    I arrived too late to be helpful for this event, but for the next time you can try this: I did every fight in this event with 3*Wolverine (Patch)+3*Ironman+4*Cyclops, with a +Blue Match damage support on Wolverine (in my case I had a 4*Pym Blaster).

This way Logan tanks every color, but his strongest color is Green, which I don't really need for this team. Just use Recharge, get loaded on Green, Red and Blue AP, fire Cyclops' blue to gather some more Red and destroy the War tile than fire Wolverine's Red, Best There Is.

Since Logan is tanking every color, he will be doing around 40k damage. Which is enough to kill Apocalypse on every round. Since both X-Men are boosted in this event, it's likely that IM40 will have the lowest health and need to be healed from time to time. But it's not too much.

If you don't have a Blue Match damage support to put on Wolverine, you can replace Cyclops with Rogue or 4* Human Torch who both use the same colors of Patch and are likely to not tank anything while he is boosted.
    Very cool.  I'm gonna have to keep that nugget of info stored away.  I have alliance mates who sometimes have issues with Apoc, and don't have a giant roster.