Polaris in Tokens!

2»

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just to add to the data...
    1040 Heroics- No natural Polaris pulls. 
    1096 Mighties- 1 natural Polaris pull. 

Did you get 20ish covers for her via shards?
    KGB
    P.S. That's brutal on the draws for her.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    It's brutal for Mighty Token, but not for Heroics.

1568 Heroics is needed to draw Polaris while 686 Mighty is needed to draw her.

Polaris has official replaced GotG. I'm blazing through this PvE. It's probably because Juggernaut, Karnak and America Chavez are boosted as well. 
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I played her a bunch with Kitty in pve. She’s better with Okoye. I don’t think it’s that close. It’s relatively even on the boosting, since Polaris has to match specials that were already boosted, so Okoye at least keeps pace or comes close, but the difference is that Okoye’s red becomes a mega nuke when you have 10+ tu and a few specials in a row.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    She's ok with Okoye; better if your third (if possible) or your opponent can spam special tiles. It's about the same as pairing Okoye with Medusa and it all depends on how fast you can gain TU tiles.

But with Gritty she's a monster. I frequently fill every available tile with strikes and Kitty's tile-boosting is working overtime. Cascades become nuclear bombs that few can survive. And I don't even have Polaris champed, yet.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    KGB said:
    Just to add to the data...
    1040 Heroics- No natural Polaris pulls. 
    1096 Mighties- 1 natural Polaris pull. 

Did you get 20ish covers for her via shards?
    KGB
    P.S. That's brutal on the draws for her.
    I chased 4* BW first. Wanted to get her feeder finished to knock her off my “to champ” list even if I never use her. The rest were Polaris though. I’m strongly considering creating a 4/4/1 dupe right away. That way my Okoye can tank everything including blue for her stun. So right now Polaris is level 280 with 3600 shards saved. I can either add nine levels to Polaris prime, or create that dupe who will essentially do all I need her to with 9 covers. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Against non-tile movers in SCL10 PVE, Gritty/Polaris I think can be faster than any other team.  I haven't timed it yet but they are just mowing down the non-tile movers right now and zero need for health packs either.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I champed her yesterday and now anyone with tile spamming is an easy win . And she plays well with others, I’m trying to decide her best team , although BRB is a great partner to stun lock. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Rhipf said:

P.S. I forgot about the Fan Favorites vault. That is also giving 1:100 odds for Polaris.
    It is a bit lower because 12 of the 4s are at 6x odds. 86 have 1 spot and 12 have 6 each, so Polaris pulls are 1 in 158.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    I champed her yesterday and now anyone with tile spamming is an easy win . And she plays well with others, I’m trying to decide her best team , although BRB is a great partner to stun lock. 
    I've been using her with brb and apacolypse.  Between brb blue and apacolypse yellow and Polaris doing what she does they can flood the board with shields pretty fast. I love using apacolypse black with them,  big damage followed by Polaris doing more damage and creating 8 more shields, and then brb gaining plus 4 blue and green ap.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Didn’t have a massive stockpile but I’ve probably opened about 150 packs since she went in to packs, no natural pulls 

But almost have her champed due to favourite and SCL 10 and finished top 10 on SCL 9 for her launch so bagged 3 covers plus shards 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I've been using her with brb and apacolypse.  Between brb blue and apacolypse yellow and Polaris doing what she does they can flood the board with shields pretty fast. I love using apacolypse black with them,  big damage followed by Polaris doing more damage and creating 8 more shields, and then brb gaining plus 4 blue and green ap.
    For 4* players , Valkyrie/ Rocket4/ Polaris is stun lock by turn 6 or less . 
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    In theory, BRBinfinite should work w/ her and any Th4nos with at least 1 green.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was shocked to see her offered as a shard purchase for me today, so that, along with the Webbed Wonder cover & shards let me get her up to what I consider "finished" - 271 (to get the legendary token of course). I haven't worked that hard on getting a new release in a long time, so it was really satisfying to get her covered so quickly. Now if I can get another 160 shards for Hellcat she'll be able to hit 271, and my two favorite 4-stars since Ronin will be finished, hooray!
  • Juize
    Juize Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I have her 1/3/3 now with 800 shards. Would it be best to get one to 5?
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2020
    Juize said:

go for 3/3/3 - her blue is a usefull stun and strike tile spammer.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Mr_F said:
    Juize said:

go for 3/3/3 - her blue is a usefull stun and strike tile spammer.
    I would go 2/4/1. While you get an extra turn of stun going from two blue covers to three you go from creating two tiles for every one matched or destroyed at three purple covers to three being created at four covers. Personally I get a lot more value from her passively flooding the board with new specials when they're matched than I do from her stun being a turn longer. YMMV, of course. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    That extra special tile is more useful if you are using Juggernaut/Kitty, or BRB with tiles destroyer.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    That extra special tile is more useful if you are using Juggernaut/Kitty, or BRB with tiles destroyer.
    Yep.  I don't normally change the specs on my 4* very much (if at all) but I can see changing Polaris quite often depending on the match.  As a 5* player, she is quite amazing.  Must be why her health is so low.   :)