Polaris in Tokens!

Options
PiMacleod
PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
See title.

I made a video -- but before you roll your eyes and click the Back button (or maybe scroll down, I dunno!)... I wanna preface that this is a PSA more than anything.  It's not for us -- we know what'll happen.

This is to show how HARD it is to build up a chosen 4* character in this current day 'n age.  I DID target her.  I DID have over 190 pulls ready (between Heroics and Mightys).  And THIS is what I have to show for it.

Frankly, I've had better luck with 10 LLs.  Nevertheless, here's my results....

https://youtu.be/tslvk7wYmpg

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heh.  I didn't expect that until this evening.  I did not see her in tokens, and she still had the "new" tag, so I closed and reopened the game.  That worked!  I've hoarded 121 Heroic and 66 Mighty tokens, I don't hold out much hope for pulling Polaris (that's, what 17 4*s on average?) but I'll let you know, what the tinykitty.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Your results really aren't that surprising. At 1:16 and 1:7 odds for Heroic and Mighty pulls respectively (and those odds are to pull any of 100 4*s not a specific 4*) I would actually have been surprised it you pulled a Polaris. Your odds of pulling a Polaris is actually much higher if you pull from Legends or Classics (1:100 compared to 1:1600 and 1:700).

P.S. I forgot about the Fan Favorites vault. That is also giving 1:100 odds for Polaris.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I opened 215 Heroics and then 70 Might tokens.
    I did really well on the heroics getting 18 4*s (vs 12 expected). None of which were Polaris but I did hit twice on 50 bonus shards for her. Then I opened the 70 Mighty tokens and hit 2 Polaris (talk about lucky) and 9 4* overall (average).
    The 2 Polaris covers plus 3 more from shards took my 7 cover Polaris to 12 covers. I'll get 1 more cover from a T20 finish in CL8 in the current PVE ending later today so I'll have her champed and will add a couple champ levels after the next PVE.
    Very happy with my results. Definitely Happy Polaris Day!
    KGB
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There are 98 4* in tokens: 103 total minus 4 limited and Negasonic. So the ods are A BIT better.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I did about 175 heroics and 50 Mighty tokens. 

I only pulled 1 Polaris cover, but got enough shards to get her champed. 
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think she was already 3-3-2 when I started. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mr_F said:
    There are 98 4* in tokens: 103 total minus 4 limited and Negasonic. So the ods are A BIT better.
    Thanks for the correction.  ;)
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Mr_F said:
    Thanks for the correction.  ;)

Your welcome. And i wasnt correcting you, my Friend. I have Excel Sheet to track some fun numbers. Like My average ISO/per day income, Average 4* & 5* per day covers gained or my characters list. So its easy for me to calculate such numbers (and that is why I know that I need ~11,7M ISO to champ all the 4* I havent already)

That is why I know some few fun facts - but I will skip this here as it would be offtopic.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,623 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled about 170 combined mighty and heroics - gave me  3 Polaris covers ( had some shards already) but zero actual Polaris pulls.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mr_F said:

I didn't know the exact number of 4*s but knew it was close to 100 and that makes for easier calculations. :p
    Since there are only 98 4*s I guess people should have (slightly) higher expectations of pulling a Polaris then. :D
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did not get any Polaris, but I did get the bonus shards for her once on a Mighty tokens, and that plus the other shards I got and had before gave me two covers.
    Good enough!  I should be able to champ her next PVE.
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    120 pulls between heroic and mighty and pulled a Polaris and champed her as well.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I opened up four heroic ten-packs I had saved for an occasion just like this, one hundred loose heroics, forty mighty tokens, and about two dozen classic legends just for the heck of it. I didn't get any Polaris covers, nor any bonus Polaris shards, but it was enough to earn enough shards (along with the shards I had, plus what I earned in the recently ended story event that included rewards) to add four covers for her, bringing her up to ten covers total. I also got my 13th cover for Hellcat, which was a nice surprise. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I had around 300 pulls between Heroics, Mightys, CPs, and LTs today. Not a single cover of Polaris. I didn't really get much of anything of note and my 5-star pull rate was horrifyingly bad (3 out of 70).

This game can be frustratingly slow to see any meaningful progress, made all the more poignant when you hoard for a massive stretch of time and get little-to-nothing from it.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I pulled enough to get her champed with the progression rewards in CL 10 by Monday. I’m already testing her 10/13 against meta teams in Shield and she is tearing those teams apart. She won’t last on defense but she fears nothing , BRB, Gritty, Apoc, Carnage , on offense . It’s the end of the tile user era. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think BRBitty/Polaris will be a new meta.  I am using that in the Anniversary event and it can tear through everything.  Retals will definitely happen but using BRB can give people an extra second to "Skip".
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think BRBitty/Polaris will be a new meta.  I am using that in the Anniversary event and it can tear through everything.  Retals will definitely happen but using BRB can give people an extra second to "Skip".

How does that play out in a mirror match?  Does the first mover have a disadvantage (e.g., when you fought stunner bros and had to move first)?
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

How does that play out in a mirror match?  Does the first mover have a disadvantage (e.g., when you fought stunner bros and had to move first)?
    It comes down to basic board luck , first tile match , and first to KO Polaris 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,914 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just to add to the data...
    1040 Heroics- No natural Polaris pulls. 
    1096 Mighties- 1 natural Polaris pull. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just to add to the data...
    1040 Heroics- No natural Polaris pulls. 
    1096 Mighties- 1 natural Polaris pull.