PVP Gameplay mode idea

drcheesedrcheese Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
hi guys just joined the forum. i've been playing the game for a while now (1,300 something days) and I have an idea for a PVP play mode which i think might shake the game up a little bit. i don't know if it's been suggested before.

you know how if you play long enough you run into the same team set up over and over? i suggest a "Team Shuffle Mode" where your randomly selected team goes up against other randomly selected teams. 

this would solve the problem of always running into the same teams over and over, plus it might lead to discovery of new interesting combinations.

i think it would be fun. any thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

  • Michael1957Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    I think it would be chaos and outrage if the AI was allowed to choose which team your opponent randomly defends with based on every character available in their roster . Is that what you’re asking ? 
  • drcheesedrcheese Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
     Michael1957 said:
    I think it would be chaos and outrage if the AI was allowed to choose which team your opponent randomly defends with based on every character available in their roster . Is that what you’re asking ? 
    yeah but it would be wholly randomized so everyone's got an even shot at winning.
  • Mr_FMr_F Posts: 512 Critical Contributor
    Yeah. Especially when I will got 3 of mine 15 lv 2* farm champions and opponent will got ANYTHING with 50 lv +.
  • Michael1957Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    drcheese said:
     Michael1957 said:
    I think it would be chaos and outrage if the AI was allowed to choose which team your opponent randomly defends with based on every character available in their roster . Is that what you’re asking ? 
    yeah but it would be wholly randomized so everyone's got an even shot at winning.
    This would only be an advantage to players like me who only keep a strategic roster of useful , powerful characters. Allegedly most players are collectionists with hundreds of characters they would never use in PvAI. My random draw of All Stars would clean up vs teams of 67% junk characters. 
  • helix72helix72 Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Here’s my suggestion: let us queue and hit shielded teams. If shielded, they don’t lose any points if we win, and they still get points if we lose. I’m tired of doing 50 skips and watching it rotate between the same 5 teams worth minuscule points.
  • Rod5Rod5 Posts: 536 Critical Contributor
    But then why would anyone shield if other players can just climb off their team and pass
    them? Shielding is about protecting  placement as much as score...
  • Mr_FMr_F Posts: 512 Critical Contributor
    I am currently shielded. I got hit 5 times. So it is already in game.
  • drcheesedrcheese Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    i'm curious about the longtime players who don't have all the characters already anyway? i've always thought that it's good to have all the 3*** and above characters regardless of whether they end up being used a lot or not.
  • DhaunasDhaunas Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Mr_F said:
    I am currently shielded. I got hit 5 times. So it is already in game.
    It is not currently in game; it just means that they had you queued prior to your shielding, they were not able to queue you after you shielded.
  • BriMan2222BriMan2222 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    helix72 said:
    Here’s my suggestion: let us queue and hit shielded teams. If shielded, they don’t lose any points if we win, and they still get points if we lose. I’m tired of doing 50 skips and watching it rotate between the same 5 teams worth minuscule points.
    The problem with that is that scores would be insane.   If I'm at 1100 points and the 20 people above can be qued, even though they are shielded, then I can keep queuing up the guy in first place and hit him until im in first place. 

    Then he can  unsheild and hit me a few times,  and so on and so on...

    Scores would climb infinitely until the very end of the event.   The only way to get decent placement would be to play non stop, which iirc is actually how things worked before sheild were introduced and is why shields were made into a thing. 
  • Mr_FMr_F Posts: 512 Critical Contributor
    Dhaunas said:
    Mr_F said:
    I am currently shielded. I got hit 5 times. So it is already in game.
    It is not currently in game; it just means that they had you queued prior to your shielding, they were not able to queue you after you shielded.

    I was shielded over night and later for over 3 hours when I was hit.
  • KGBKGB Posts: 1,540 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    Dhaunas said:
    Mr_F said:
    I am currently shielded. I got hit 5 times. So it is already in game.
    It is not currently in game; it just means that they had you queued prior to your shielding, they were not able to queue you after you shielded.

    I was shielded over night and later for over 3 hours when I was hit.

    That's nothing unusual. The player you hit might not play the retal node till hours or even days later.
    KGB
  • helix72helix72 Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    helix72 said:
    Here’s my suggestion: let us queue and hit shielded teams. If shielded, they don’t lose any points if we win, and they still get points if we lose. I’m tired of doing 50 skips and watching it rotate between the same 5 teams worth minuscule points.
    The problem with that is that scores would be insane.   If I'm at 1100 points and the 20 people above can be qued, even though they are shielded, then I can keep queuing up the guy in first place and hit him until im in first place. 

    Then he can  unsheild and hit me a few times,  and so on and so on...

    Scores would climb infinitely until the very end of the event.   The only way to get decent placement would be to play non stop, which iirc is actually how things worked before sheild were introduced and is why shields were made into a thing. 

    In the net math, it would make progression easier and placement harder, which I realize not everyone would be a fan of. Maybe it’s the wrong comparison, but I have to believe based on the scores I see that a significantly higher % of people hit max progression in PvE than in PvP. I’d like to see that improve in PvP. At this point PvP placement is unachievable for me so I don’t even try. I would imagine the elite who routinely get top PvP placement (I know one guy who showed me he has every 5* Infinity Stone support) would be against this idea, but those of us who have given up would try harder, play more, and probably spend more on boosts and health packs. From my purely anecdotal observations, I suspect this would benefit more people than it would hurt.

    I’m open to and welcome alternative suggestions. 75 wins is ridiculous for the time commitment vs the max progression time commitment on PvP.
  • Michael1957Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    drcheese said:
    i'm curious about the longtime players who don't have all the characters already anyway? i've always thought that it's good to have all the 3*** and above characters regardless of whether they end up being used a lot or not.
    Depends on the player, I just play to win , not to compete or collect. After 4 years my roster can win in SCL 10. That’s all I care about , and I’m happy with top 100 rewards . This game is all about me , I’m just here to beat MPQ not other players . 
  • DhaunasDhaunas Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Mr_F said:
    Dhaunas said:
    Mr_F said:
    I am currently shielded. I got hit 5 times. So it is already in game.
    It is not currently in game; it just means that they had you queued prior to your shielding, they were not able to queue you after you shielded.

    I was shielded over night and later for over 3 hours when I was hit.
    As KGB mentioned, could have been a player sitting on a retaliation node, but it could also be someone who had you queued prior to you shielding, left the game for a while, came back much later and attacked you then (shielding does not remove you from someone's queue, it just makes you unable to be freshly queued after shielding).
Sign In or Register to comment.