Help with kitty

Options
Juize
Juize Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
Hi, I'm still in 4 land, but my 5s are getting covered more and more. I never got a chance to get much covers for Kitty, so I have here at 2/3/0 now...

I finally collected 500 shards for her, but I don't know where to put them. If i make her 3/3/0 or 2/4/0, will she become of any use already?

Cheers

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was in your situation in the past, and let me tell you your PvE life will change once you have a champed 4* Juggernaut, 4* Grocket, and/or 4* Polaris to put with your baby Kitty.

If your goal is to champ her as quickly as possible and you think some of those covers you need will come from vaults (classics or more likely special vaults like the anniversary), then your best bet is to wait to apply those shards. That way no matter what color distribution you pull, you can use those shards to top off whatever color is short.

If you want to champ her as fast as possible but those shards are burning a hole in your pocket, again if you think you’ll get some covers from vaults, you want the most even distribution so go 2/3/1.

If you are more concerned with making her more useful right now or don’t think you’ll be pulling any covers from vaults, I’d suggest 2/4/0 (and I’d put 2/3/1 ahead of 3/3/0). Reasoning: the slight extra damage boost from an extra cover in Yellow (my Kitty is champed and the difference is only 39) is nowhere near as valuable as making her repeater tile 1-turn instead of 2.

At 2/3/1 you get to at least use her Red which can be useful, but again I think you’ll find the Purple more useful.

Let us know what you decide!

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you run kitty, it is for one of two things:
    (1) overwriting CDs with her purple (a rarer ability than #2 below for 4* players, but only available at 5 covers);
    (2) boosting tiles (available at any number of covers, but only really strong once you get her leveled up ~ lvl 400).
    With just one cover to apply, you are unlikely to get tons of use out of her either way (The good(?) old days of stomping 4* land with a 0/1/0 OML are long gone).  Helix raises some good points, such as the fact that your optimal build strategy is probably to save the shards and use them to even out whatever odd cover distribution you get from tokens.  But that could take years, depending on your 5* acquisition rate. 
    All in all, I think you would be able to make more use of her in the short term by applying your shards to a yellow cover.  but I don't want to oversell that, since she will only be boosting tiles by ~500 points total each turn. 
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I also agree with Helix, if you want her usable faster definitely boost that purple to 4, and then the next set of shards should make it 5 so it covers CD tiles as well.

If you are trying to champ her do you also have Emma Frost sharded?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I'm in largely the same boat with my Kitty build, though i'm now pretty deep into 5* play with 16 champs. But my Kitty is 3/3/0, lvl 345. At this level, she's boosting tiles double what my lvl 313 Nico is doing, though Nico is boosting all my tiles by that amount rather than just the 4 Kitty will do, so there may be some volume based tipping point where she's still "better" though it really doesn't matter. I've chosen to build mine Purple then Yellow then Red. What makes Kitty dangerous as an opponent for me isn't really the tile boosting anymore, it's the Circuit Breaker damage on PVPs that have a required character that passively drops a special tile she can overwrite. I imagine that's still offensively dangerous to 4* players.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loosie said:
    I also agree with Helix, if you want her usable faster definitely boost that purple to 4, and then the next set of shards should make it 5 so it covers CD tiles as well.

If you are trying to champ her do you also have Emma Frost sharded?
    This.  I suggest targeting Emma as well, for building your Kitty up.  She's definitely worth it.

I also agree with the purple repeater being better in the end.  Sure, boosting with yellow is a big deal!  But that repeater being 1 turn means that goons are almost NEVER a problem, bosses become so much easier, and board control becomes much less of a headache.

In the meantime, if you choose purple, you can always make Nico your 3rd, and double your boosts... but I don't know if that's exactly what you're trying to do.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Juize said:
    I finally collected 500 shards for her, but I don't know where to put them. If i make her 3/3/0 or 2/4/0, will she become of any use already?
    It sounds to me like you want to use your Kitty right now you want your Shadowcat to be useful right now, rather than 2 years from now when you finally champ her. That's a reasonable desire.

Don't screw around and make her useful. Step 1: Put her yellow at 3 covers. Step 2: I assume you have 4-star Rocket? Step 3: Start hoarding any tokens that can get you 4-star shards (Heroics, Mightys, etc) for when Polaris enters tokens in a couple of weeks and is eligible to be your sole 4-star shard favorite.

Put the three of them together. Have fun.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anniversary is coming soon. Maybe she will appear in the special store. You might want to wait until then, if you have CP for that.
  • Juize
    Juize Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone, very useful information. I just found out I need one more cover of Emma, to get the cover for Kitty (I don't know which power they give at 280 though), so I have 2 covers for her, one from feeder and one from the shards. 
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought 280 was the top/first power, so I imagine it’ll be Kitty’s yellow. But I haven’t champed Emma either, so I’m not positive. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Xception81 is correct, Yellow. All the more reason to put those shards in Purple if you're going to apply them now and not wait. But assuming you've been hoarding like a good boy or girl, I'd say wait.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the only character that is not top to bottom is America Chavez giving out Jessica Jones, but after shardmageddon that’s probably a non issue