Another Wolverine?

2»

Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2020
    bluewolf said:
    jp1 said:
    I’m probably not in much company with this but I emphatically disagree that Disney/Pixar/Star Wars would be a good add. 

Man, I hope that is just a pipe dream. It just sounds so terribly corny.
    I wouldn't worry as far as MPQ.

Maybe someday, there will be a DPQ (Disney Puzzle Quest) pulling all the most popular characters into one crazy mashup game ala Kingdom Hearts etc.
    I'm sure it was meant as a joke.  I think that Disney intends to keep it's star wars and marvel games independent of other games.

Disney actually does have a game that pulls together all of their characters (excluding star wars and marvel).  Classic characters like steam boat mickey, newer disney characters, pixar char's, nightmare before x-mas, etc.  My wife plays it. It's like a 5 v 5 turn based rpg mobile game.  
  • palenoue
    palenoue Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Considering how successful this game has been over the years, I'm surprised d3 hasn't proposed a separate Disney Puzzle Quest to Disney.  If they do, I hope they invite feedback from players on what they'd like to see in the new game.  

For example: a more robust usage of one/two star characters.  The toys from Toy Story would all be level one and never used after the player advances.  If d3 could design some of their stories to be progressive it would solve this problem.  First stage of a story would be limited to one stars for the first half, two stars for the second half.  Second stage could be built for 3/4 stars, while third and last stage could allow all characters.  Additionally d3 could also create stories with a strict level limit, like only two-stars can participate in one story while another can only have one-stars.

For PvP how about having the players create their team first then have the game match that particular power level?  If I want to play Buzz Lightyear, Tinkerbell and Eeyore then I'll be set up with some other player's one star characters, no fear of having to face 5-stars just because my personal game level is astronomically hight.

This would allow d3 to introduce a wider range of characters from Disney's catalog (when was the last time they introduced a new 1 or 2 star Marvel character?) while offering more diverse options to the players.
  • palenoue
    palenoue Posts: 63 Match Maker
    IceIX said:
    I mean, sure, but we've been releasing brand new characters regularly lately. 
    Apocalypse
    Hellcat
    Onslaught
    (maybe?) Anti-Venom
    Legion
    Misty Knight
    (not) Samurai Daken
    Polaris

Out of the those 8, we've got 6 brand news and 2 incarnations with Daken and Anti-Venom. That's a good 75% brand new characters, and we've got more of those new ones coming up too.

I have nothing against duplicate characters, especially when they have such major differences due to movies, tv shows and comics altering the narrative so much.  The important question comes down to "How many Wolverines is too many?"
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    You know there’s too many Wolverines when we get to the one with only 1 hand.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I just want old man logan to be useful/good again...  :(
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    krakenoon said:
    You know there’s too many Wolverines when we get to the one with only 1 hand.
    Well, the 1* tier is still Wolvie free.  Time for whiny kid 1* James Howlett.