Funny discussion with my wife about this game

Options
Ok I was at the movies yesterday watching Gravity (loved it). While waiting for the movie I was playing Marvel PQ off course. Then she told me "You just keep playing that game, we are in the movies!" at which I responded.."WOMAN, I'm #54 In the world!!! do you understand??"

I think I'm a bit addicted icon_e_biggrin.gif

I stopped playing until we got home because I love her, and then I got beated up by a bunch of people in the Avengers tournament all the way to #300 something lol.

Comments

• Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    Try explaining to your boss that you need to take a quick 20 minute break to defend your rank before the tournament ends.

"But I could win Captain America! I need to go now!"
  • Lol both of these made me laugh. I had a similar conversation with my wife in the final hours of the 1 star tournament as I kept stalling while getting ready for bed. I got second place though so it was totally worth it lol. icon_razz.gif
  • I just fixed this issue by getting my significant other addicted to the game also haha. With the latest update though she has become quite high maintenance because I now keep hearing "I just logged into the game and you did not send me any crystals. I would like some more crystals please!"
  • Dninot
    Options
    hogunner wrote:
    Lol both of these made me laugh. I had a similar conversation with my wife in the final hours of the 1 star tournament as I kept stalling while getting ready for bed. I got second place though so it was totally worth it lol. icon_razz.gif

Last night I suggested watching a show to my girlfriend. She said to me "Well its already kinda late, and we both know you'll end up playing your Marvel game for 30 minutes before you actually get into bed..."
  • What for meager problems. Do you know that the deadline for the events in germany is at 6 o'clock in the morning? You can't give a good explanaition why you have to set your alarm to 5.30 in the morning...so i always have to hope that my team was defense enough for a acceptable reward. Or think of better answers icon_e_wink.gif
  • Dninot
    Options
    Mommson wrote:
    What for meager problems. Do you know that the deadline for the events in germany is at 6 o'clock in the morning? You can't give a good explanaition why you have to set your alarm to 5.30 in the morning...so i always have to hope that my team was defense enough for a acceptable reward. Or think of better answers icon_e_wink.gif

Get a puppy or something. Or if you're allergic, make a baby. Great excuse for waking up at odd hours.
  • Chetkara
    Options
    I guess I'm lucky, because my boss plays it too icon_e_biggrin.gif
    So we kinda take 20 minute breaks together to defend our ranks icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I gave my hay-day farm to my wife to keep her busy to herself!!

I think all of us got the same problem here icon_e_biggrin.gif

I didn't have enough sleep when i was competing for captain america. I was top 2, but super suck in the avengers tourney since i don't have enough iso-8 to level him (or hawkeye).
  • The sleep deprevation from competing for Cpt. America almost did me in as well, waking up at 2am UK time to defend a few points. Ended up grinding away until 5am to retain top spot, then a full days work starting at 8am. Not even a fan of Cpt. America, so all the more bemusing!