***** Onslaught (Psionic Entity) *****

12345679»

Comments

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    I mostly play PvE and I'm really enjoying Onslaught. He's not great by himself, but I've been pairing him with half-health Thor to power Apoc. All colors are covered. Thor and Onslaught create a ton of cascades to generate AP for Apoc. Apoc is just a damage monster who carries the team. This team is a lot more fun to play than the Gritty teams that I'd been using previously and I don't have to worry about my strike tiles disappearing.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zalasta said:
    I mostly play PvE and I'm really enjoying Onslaught. He's not great by himself, but I've been pairing him with half-health Thor to power Apoc. All colors are covered. Thor and Onslaught create a ton of cascades to generate AP for Apoc. Apoc is just a damage monster who carries the team. This team is a lot more fun to play than the Gritty teams that I'd been using previously and I don't have to worry about my strike tiles disappearing.
    I was just about to mention onslaught as a 3rd with Thorpocalypse. In some ways, I like him better than ProfX. If only his purple wasn’t so meh. 

My onslaught is at 2/4/4. I’m gonna start chasing his shards soon to champ him. His blue is hella versatile. And his green passive causes crazy chaos and cascades. Getting a match 4 with him on turn 1 > ProfX getting a match 4 on turn 1. 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I know this is probably pretty much dead now, but onslaught is good. He can take down a thorokye no problem, and great for single match wins in PvE.

He makes some insane cascades, and paired with Profx5 is a must.

I like Onslaught/Profx/Killmonger for tile movers, as Killmongers black can do insane damage

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:
    I know this is probably pretty much dead now, but onslaught is good. He can take down a thorokye no problem, and great for single match wins in PvE.

He makes some insane cascades, and paired with Profx5 is a must.

He is good yes but very conditional and always bounded to PX.
    I have PX good leveled and only for that reason I will try to champ him. But a char should shine by himself and this one is threatening only if his alter ego is around.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m really liking Onslaught with 5* Carnage and Medusa. There’s really good synergy and Onslaught’s blue hits really hard with enemy specials on the field. Your turns can last quite a while thanks to the cheap powers and cascades.
  • MizzouAntler
    MizzouAntler Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Had Onslaught champed for a while without Apoc and he was decent, but with Apoc on the team, it makes Onslaught very strong.  Combined with Apoc's damage boost, the 4-tile matches hit hard and fast.  Paired with Apoc, Onslaught's passive is considerably stronger than Prof X's for a few reasons.  First, as long as 1 TU tile is on the board, it's a power for shared strength to boost.  While it still won't do as much damage as Prof X's passive, it goes off a LOT more often due to the increased board shake you get, and the fact that 1 type of tile is almost completely removed from the board for the majority of the match.  Additionally, after you get that first 4-tile match, it increases your odds of yellow and red matches in order to get that quick Apoc yellow/red combo off.

This team just has a surprising amount of synergy and I haven't really encountered a team that, at similar levels, gives me much of a problem.  Bonus points for being a hard-counter team to bishop.  If you have a 4-tile match first turn, a low level bishop is dead, a high level bishop is below half-health at the very least and probably just a few matches away from death.  Otherwise, try to match with apoc until you have that 4-tile lined up.
  • SolidusMox
    SolidusMox Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I like using him with ThorOkoye. Match a few team ups, create more, match 4 or more repeat. Works pretty well.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I been playing the Omega Mutants trio (Onslaught, 5PX, Apoc) in sims. I beginning to like Onslaught blue for its utility. 

It can:-
    1) Deal big damage to opp teams with SAP.
    2) Set up match 5/ match 4 thru the colour conversion. It’s also great that the colour keeps changing when the enemy characters died, so you always have colours to swap around. 
    3) deny enemy their strongest colours. I used it a few times to change the tiles green tiles to another Color, and denying Hulkoye of their passive. 

Like to ask those who use Onslaught and PX. Their passive is trigger in order of their position. Do you prefer for Onslaught passive (ie remove all TU tiles) to be trigger first? Or PX passive (remove one coloured tile) first? I am not sure which order will increase the cascade potentials. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed said:

Like to ask those who use Onslaught and PX. Their passive is trigger in order of their position. Do you prefer for Onslaught passive (ie remove all TU tiles) to be trigger first? Or PX passive (remove one coloured tile) first? I am not sure which order will increase the cascade potentials. 
    You want Onslaught's passive to fire first, removing TU tiles greatly increases the potential of cascades.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2021
    does anyone know how onslaughts blue works, specifically the color changing part?

it should turn the enemies strongest into the enemies weakest color, on that row and line.
    strongest works just fine - it's the strongest color any member of the opposing team has, and if it's the last standing goon with the same value in all colors it's yellow because it is listed first (i think?)
    but weakest seems... unpredictable? it's not always the weakest color any member has, this is only reliable when there is only one member left. that goon with the same values in all colors? his weakest is green or red, it's like the power just... picks a color.
    what's up with that? do i understand it wrong? is it buggy? 
  • Bad
    It works fine.
    In pve it chooses the strong color. Goons usually have the same value on all colors, so the power chooses one randomly, but it's the same on strong and on weak so there is no change except damaging special tiles. 
    If there are characters and a goon it will happen the same: the strongest of the strongest character, and if there are multiple draws on weakest, it will choose a random one.
    There is no problem as the power tells the color strong and weak, there is no need to check it.
  • ammenell
    I don't want to check it, I know it's in the description.

I play him with Shang, and it would be useful to know which enemy to down first so the weakest jumps to a desirable color.

more often than not, the description states a color which is only the 2nd or even 3rd weakest of the remaining tam members
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always assumed it was the strongest/weakest for the target, is it not that?
  • Bad
    ammenell said:

I play him with Shang, and it would be useful to know which enemy to down first so the weakest jumps to a desirable color.

For that purpose you will need to check it all.
    The level wich each foe has on the enemy team makes that the logical weakest color is not featured.
    On pve even characters have multiple draws on weakest.
  • ammenell
    edited December 2021
    I always assumed it was the strongest/weakest for the target, is it not that?
    for the team, not the target.
    strongest is fine, weakest sometimes seems like a coin flip

in PvE I'm playing against a team of 3 subjects, all have 96 points in every color.
    description says strongest is green, weakest is black?
    next game against criterion and two controls, all 96 points again, this time strongest is blue, weakest is black.
    downed criterion and control, with the remaining control I now have purple as weakest.

PvE, scl10 challenge node, strongest and weakest colors:
    5px - 1332 blue, 142 red
    oml - 1155 black, 123 blue
    kitty - 1320 yellow, 142 black
    this should give me blue as strongest, and again blue as weakest.
    description says blue and green.
    I want yellow to red conversion, so i go after oml first. without oml it's a tie between red and black, but the description doesn't change and I still have green (kitty and 5px have 154 and 155)

downing kitty, and with 5px as last member standing it correctly jumps to blue and red.
    come on ...
  • ammenell
    PvE, 5e node:
    cable - 933 blue, 100 purple (109 black)
    psylocke - 409 red, 44 yellow (316 black)
    Emma - 409 purple, 44 green (361 black)
    strongest: blue, weakest: black
    I'm really confused why it wants to convert blue to black instead of yellow or green
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The weakest colour is bugged. Someone need to file bug report.
  • Bad
    edited December 2021
    You are taking like true colors those that not belong to the character. Px strongest is blue but his weakest is black, he doesn't has a red power. Cable strong is blue and weak is not purple, is yellow.
    Kitty strongest yellow, weak is not black, is red.
    And like this all the other colors of the characters you mentioned.
    The way I checked it the power works fine.
    And in case of draw it chooses one randomly, like I said. 
  • ammenell
    how do you interpret the wording "turn enemies strongest color into his weakest color" as "turn the enemies strongest color into his weakest color he has a power of?"
    5px' strongest color is blue, his weakest is red, this has nothing to do with power colors. otherwise onslaughts blue is really, really weird.

I don't mean to be rude, I just double checked, maybe you should, too.
  • Bad
    ammenell said:
    PvE, 5e node:
    cable - 933 blue, 100 purple (109 black)
    psylocke - 409 red, 44 yellow (316 black)
    Emma - 409 purple, 44 green (361 black)
    strongest: blue, weakest: black
    I'm really confused why it wants to convert blue to black instead of yellow or green
    When there is a tie it chooses a random color.
    If you kill emma it will be yellow.