Surprise! New SCL10 node behavior.

bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,248 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
With DPvMPQ we are seeing that after 3 clears, the nodes drop to 50% point value and the timer is set for 36 hours to full points. 

On a 24 hour sub it seems like this would result in a 2X grind at the end and 10 having approx 4% more points than 9 with optimal play. 
With a 48 hour sub....it’s not quite the same.  
It seems like is intentional (the change to 2x grind has been mentioned as a goal) although we can’t be sure whether it was meant to be launched now. Or anything really, given the complete lack of communication. 
sigh

Can we just get a little bit of information?  That would be really nice. 

Comments

• bluewolf
    OJSP said:
    Are the node values for CL9 and CL10 the same? Is CL9 timer 24 hours with 1/3 point reduction? Are we getting into a situation where CL9 will score more than CL10 again? 
    I’m hearing SCL9 is the same as it has always been. 24 hour timer and 1/3 reduction. 

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    Bowla is right.  Always so much negativity here.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2020
    If devs&publishers gives us kitties, make lemonade. How you kitty in the woods, it gives you tinies in return. You reap what you tinykitty.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2020
    They flip their fingers every day and we lose 50% of information, and soon it‘s gone like tears in the rain.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    So for S2 for me that means the nodes are back to full value at midnight...wonderful
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Just about to start 3.10 Sunday and now realise I won’t be able to do the 36 hour clear as it is bang in the middle of the working day on Tuesday. What a disrespectful way to treat players. 
  • bluewolf
    IMO what they did with the timer is set it up so that on a 24 hour sub, you end up fairly close between 9 and 10.

It may be that they could not change the point refresh rate, so they changed how much points drop (50% instead of 33%) and set the timer longer.

This results in 10 having a small amount more than 9 in 24 hour subs.....I am not sure how it plays out on 48s.  Still more I guess.

The vast majority of subs they run are 24 hours, so for the most part this won't be a huge issue.  Players can try to play optimal or just do their best and see how it shakes out.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2020
    bluewolf said:

This results in 10 having a small amount more than 9 in 24 hour subs.....I am not sure how it plays out on 48s.  Still more I guess.

It plays exactly the same in a 48 hour sub (the amount of extra points compared to CL 9) if players are able to play at the 12 hours off time from the ususal for their slice. 
    If not, and they clear a 48 hour CL 10 sub like "usual optimal", every 24 hrs, then points end up the same as in CL 9. 
    That's all in theory, with instant wins and all that. In practice, the lower the level the 5-star roster is, the longer it would take for CL 10.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    This could mean those playing in slice 2 and 5 might get affected the most. Again, DPvsMPQ seems to be the odd one out. Previously, there was a certain change that affected it. I think it has something to do with 5* essential node having the most points instead of 4* essential in SCL 7.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    This could mean those playing in slice 2 and 5 might get affected the most. Again, DPvsMPQ seems to be the odd one out. Previously, there was a certain change that affected it. I think it has something to do with 5* essential node having the most points instead of 4* essential in SCL 7.
    Every slice is affected.  I play S1 always since it is a 7am start for me.  Now I will have to do a 1 hit at 7pm.  I hope that once they get into the offices today that they will address this.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    True and I was thinking players in these 2 slices have to wake up in the wee hours to do their clears.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    True and I was thinking players in these 2 slices have to wake up in the wee hours to do their clears.
    It totally depends where they live.   If you are EST and play s2..... you are up the creek with no paddle.   That’s a normal Noon start/1 hit clear is now a Midnight 1 hit clear.   Yea......explain that to the family. 
  • bluewolf
    It's a bit hard to paint something in a broad stroke when there are players all around the world, trying to find times that work if they are interested in optimal play.

In the US you might be in the EDT and S2 would be around lunch and you might play PVE then.  A midnight clear?  not so great.  S3 is 5PM in that zone, maybe you have a commute or whatever but now are you getting up at 5AM to do a clear?

In the US, many in S5 are playing non-optimal (just clear in the morning when they wake up and at night before going to sleep) but in Asia they are playing optimally under the normal/old recharge times.

The thing is that the number of players who are trying to clear optimally is pretty small.  I'd say that T25 alliances are the only ones that need mostly-optimal players; T50 can easily get away with finding people who grind non-optimally.

We're talking about somewhere in the range of 500 players at the very most who are being inconvenienced/annoyed by this 36 hour thing on SCL10 nodes for a 48 hour sub. The other 6000 ish players in 10 aren't trying hard enough to care.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Someone in our alliance chat said the Quicksilver node was acting up as well. The Peggy team up causing all player powers to cost 4 more AP? Anyone else see this?

(I played SCL 9 to avoid (a) this mess and (b) DPvMPQ CN)
  • bluewolf
    edited August 2020
    Someone in our alliance chat said the Quicksilver node was acting up as well. The Peggy team up causing all player powers to cost 4 more AP? Anyone else see this?

(I played SCL 9 to avoid (a) this mess and (b) DPvMPQ CN)
    This is apparently an ongoing bug with her Ultimate Soldier TU.  I have seen it mentioned a few times in various spots, but I couldn't get it to work for me when I tried bringing it.

On my QS node the TU is a 4GR Hellfire.....which seems odd, but I think that was what it was yesterday too.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
     Yea......explain that to the family. 
    Its easy: I seem like a stupid with the [redacted] mobile in hand at these hours.
    Or at least that would be the explanation my wife would tell me if she would notice it.
    And without smiling really much.

**Mod note: Removed profanity. - fight4thedream
  • BeetleGeorge
    BeetleGeorge Posts: 76 Match Maker
    I thought, the initial SCL10 change was done to motivate people to switch from 9 to 10. Last event I tried it. Normally I can play relatively optimal at 9 and end up in top10 or at least top20. At 10 I do not have the time and resources (best 5* on 460) for optimal play. But with doing only 4 rounds at 5* and C node and playing much too early I ended up with a bad placement but 20% more points than I would have got playing 9 optimal.
    That was the reason I again decided playing 10 even if DPvsMPQ is not as easy. And now after the surprise with the changed timers I find that I will end up with maybe 10% less points as if I had played 9.
    So no interesting fight for placement and not more points. Not much motivation to stay in 10.