Surprise! New SCL10 node behavior.

2»

Comments

• MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 66 Match Maker
    This could mean those playing in slice 2 and 5 might get affected the most. Again, DPvsMPQ seems to be the odd one out. Previously, there was a certain change that affected it. I think it has something to do with 5* essential node having the most points instead of 4* essential in SCL 7.
    Every slice is affected.  I play S1 always since it is a 7am start for me.  Now I will have to do a 1 hit at 7pm.  I hope that once they get into the offices today that they will address this.  
    No fix that I can see, and I think now it would be too late,  I'm trying to optimally play vs what the nodes say, if they dropped the timer while I slept when I was expecting to do my 1 clear at 11 am I'd be short changed.

I bet they will give all cl10 players an apology reward.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,728 Chairperson of the Boards
    This could mean those playing in slice 2 and 5 might get affected the most. Again, DPvsMPQ seems to be the odd one out. Previously, there was a certain change that affected it. I think it has something to do with 5* essential node having the most points instead of 4* essential in SCL 7.
    Every slice is affected.  I play S1 always since it is a 7am start for me.  Now I will have to do a 1 hit at 7pm.  I hope that once they get into the offices today that they will address this.  
    No fix that I can see, and I think now it would be too late,  I'm trying to optimally play vs what the nodes say, if they dropped the timer while I slept when I was expecting to do my 1 clear at 11 am I'd be short changed.

I am very doubtful that we will get any sort of compensation.  When was the last time we saw anything like that?

Months?

It's annoying that a full workday went by and there is no dev comment or response on the matter of these timers and the point drop.  Word is it's unintentional.

Come on, you can do better.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,769 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, the timers didnt really effect me, a full progression player.  DP vs MPQ has always been a "hit all nodes until timer, and then hit a couple extra here or there".  It's silly, but I do what I must to secure the full progression stuff.

Now that it's just THREE clears for each node to get the timer, I noticed that I actually have even LESS clears needed after bringing them all to the "timer".  I only did the 3 'easy' nodes one more time each, and that netted me the last progression reward.

In the end, my time-to-play was still reduced compared to the amount of extra plays it used to require.

I know -- this gameplay isnt the style that everyone else on these forums subscribes to.  I just figured I'd throw in my perspective, to show another view.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:

I am very doubtful that we will get any sort of compensation.  When was the last time we saw anything like that?

Months?

It's annoying that a full workday went by and there is no dev comment or response on the matter of these timers and the point drop.  Word is it's unintentional.

Come on, you can do better.
    You’ll get nothing and like it !!