When will Ikoria exclusives be added to VIP and standard non dupe packs?

Options
2»

Comments

• redryder
    redryder Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wow, this blew up since I posted the question yesterday. If they don’t fix this I’m canceling my subscription too. 
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support I agree this is not consistent with your previous guidance. We need clear labeling on packs. Perhaps you can add something that says NO EXCLUSIVES or some other label with further clarification. Until you do this, you need to keep it consistent with the time you corrected this for THB with the data push. We all planned around it working this way. If you want to change it fine. But communicate EXACTLY what the change is going to be.

For instance, you could say something like this:

After this IKO data push exclusives will NEVER be added into existing packs. We will never update packs again!  Plan accordingly.
  • Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    I'd also recommend updating Legacy packs to state they do not (and will not?) include the ODY\TOR\Judgment boosters.
  • Ypgi
    Ypgi Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    ... or, you know, they could make things better instead of worse
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can’t really add anymore than what has been said before me by the other players above. (A lot from top coalitions/groups) 
    But I want to add my voice to the list of extremely dissatisfied, disappointed and downright confused people.

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thank you.

• boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for taking prompt action with production. Thanks for using our perspective as a means to right the ship. Kudos. 
  • Michael_WC
    Options
    Thank you @Oktagon_Support.

From your post it definitely sounds like a decision was made to not update already acquired packs with former exclusives, but that message was NEVER relayed to the masses. Regardless, this decision is the RIGHT one make no mistake. We sincerely appreciate you communicating this to the production team and working the line between us and them to make our voices heard.
  • Ypgi
    Options
    Mixed feeling here for me.

On one hand, obviously happy that things will be fixed thanks to Marcela’s efforts.

On the other hand, still annoyed that it seems there was a deliberate decision to make an unannounced change to previously announced policy. How are we, as players/customers, supposed to make any decisions about what to buy if the developers keep changing the rules without warning us?
  • Ypgi
    Options
    Cards are now in the packs!
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The VIP and Standard Booster already contain the IKO Exclusive cards.
    To get the IKO Exclusive cards from these boosters, you have to receive them after the update.
    All Boosters that have been kept in the Vault from the former release will not update. The description in the Booster category indicates the collections you can receive in that booster.
    Will this also apply to legacy cards?  Would current legacy exclusive packs open m20 cards once they're shifted over?
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When the Standard format rotates (every Last Set Release of the Year), the VIP (Standard) and Standard Boosters acquired during that Standard format will continue to yield cards from that Standard format.
    Standard Boosters acquired during the new Standard format will contain only cards from the new Standard Format.
    Also, the VIP (Legacy) Boosters acquired during the previous Standard format will not be updated to contain the new Legacy Sets (the ones from the previous Standard Format).
  • Michael_WC
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe that Legacy packs were ever addressed. I'm pretty sure the focus has always been on Standard\Current set packs.

That being said, thank you for making this statement now and setting our expectations accordingly @Oktagon_Support.