On Recent Aspect Ratio Changes for Tablets

124»

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    But we're not talking about a random subset of players. We're talking about a change that directly impacted folks with a disability. Accessible bathrooms for those with handicaps are significantly more expensive to construct than non-accessible ones, and most people aren't handicapped. Would you say that we should not require them in restaurants? That handicapped people don't have to go to a restaurant to eat? They can get takeout, cook for themselves, or stay home?

I'm not saying it's never happened, but I don't personally know of a single other game that was made harder for someone with a handicap to enjoy as a 'product improvement that unfortunately impacted a small subset of people'. In fact, most services/games/apps are updated in ways that make them easier for more people to enjoy, especially that small subset of people with disabilities.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not like the dev deliberately targeted visually impaired because they want to make life difficult for them. They have limited resources to do testing and they have to choose between making coding more efficient so that majority of the players can benefit from this in the future or continue with this while spending more time to make sure the UI looks right, and features roll out slower. Everyone has limited time and resources. If the dev team consist of 50-100 developers, I think we won't be seeing this. Unfortunately, they have about 10-20(?). They simply went with they think would be the best choice for the majority of the players.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @Bad

No need for the apology, I just never got the job as an editor that I was born for lol, your English is better than some native speakers I know. I do find a number of your posts to be enlightening. It just feels like there has been a divide in forums that doesn’t need to be there. The hope is that if we can avoid being incendiary towards each other, the reason of our arguments might be harder to overlook.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    krakenoon said:
    @Bad

No need for the apology, I just never got the job as an editor that I was born for lol, your English is better than some native speakers I know. I do find a number of your posts to be enlightening. It just feels like there has been a divide in forums that doesn’t need to be there. The hope is that if we can avoid being incendiary towards each other, the reason of our arguments might be harder to overlook.
    You are flattering me here with my rusty english. 
    You may be right with being incendiary, but sometimes fire should be fighted with fire.
    Its still really ironic that a fan game loving attitude like mine on this forum could divide.
    But I will relax for now( I got a deja vu feeling telling you this lol). 
    It could be that continuing on this theme an admon could appear saying to stick to the topic( you know, if they appear a bit more often defending the game and devs, that wouldnt hurt too).
  • SkyElf
    SkyElf Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    When you say
    "For players that decide that they want to switch mobile devices to one they feel is more suited to gameplay, connecting their account to Facebook then restoring via logging in on the new device is an easy way to do that. If, for whatever reason, that’s not possible for someone that wants to switch or they encounter some kind of issue in doing so, customer support is available to help with account migration to that newer device."
    Are you trying claim that somehow switching to my phone will somehow fix my problem that the play area is too narrow on my tablet? My phone screen is even narrower than my tablet screen.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2020
    OMG, just get some good strength reading glasses and play on your phone.

Anyone can borrow mine if it's a vanity thing. 😆
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    OMG, just get some good strength reading glasses and play on your phone.

Anyone can borrow mine if it's a vanity thing. 😆
    Be aware that someone is flagging like crazy. We are slowly turning blind playing videogames like this but saying that playing videogames only will worse the impairing is now an abuse.
    Instead of a common sense truth.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:

We are slowly turning blind playing videogames like this but saying that playing videogames only will worse the impairing is now an abuse.
    Citation Needed.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor

Filing an Americans with Disabilities Act Discrimination Complaint

To learn about filing an Americans with Disabilities Act Discrimination complaint, visit www.ada.gov/filing_complaint.htm.

To file an ADA complaint by mail or fax:
    US Department of Justice
    950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
    Civil Rights Division
    Disability Rights Section – 1425 NYA
    Washington, D.C. 20530
    Fax: (202) 307-1197

You may also file a complaint by E-mail to ADA.complaint@usdoj.gov

If you have questions about filing an ADA complaint, please call:
    ADA Information Line: 800-514-0301 (voice) or 800-514-0383 (TTY).

I'm just saying that by not making allowances for the visually impaired, or by altering their product such that it's no longer usable by the visually impaired, that could possibly be considered a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.