Killmongers Passive Crit

supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
Is it supposed to make the locking just like how Quicksilver does it? The icon is different, but why should it, if the effects are the same?

The tiles gets locked on your turn, but after a match-5 resolves, the locked tile acts as an asterisk to make any match three. That unlocks the tile, makes a match, thus making it a crit again, and then probably cascading again.

So effectively, it HELPS the opponent, because that tile can be double-dipped to male matches.

If that’s intentional, the char is kinda DOA for me.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume it's suppose to interact with his passive that punishes the enemy for matching a crit gem. Often they'll match it twice.
  • Ceiled
    Ceiled Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    His passive doesn't trigger the first time it gets matched because it's a locked tile. So yes, it almost always works in the enemy's favor.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 569 Critical Contributor
    I can't find anything about locked crit tiles, but what a locked tile does
    "Locked" is a tile effect that prevents the indicated tiles from being moved, and neutralizes any effects the tiles have. The locked effect is removed when the tile is matched or otherwise "destroyed"."

Does this mean the locked tile multiplier is gone? if so, then it's quite powerful as a match 3 has just become a match 2, with less damage less AP generated, and then it'll cascade into 30k damage.