reducing cl10 play time

2»

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Saved teams has been my #1 request for a long time and it would definitely save me some time as I wouldn’t have to scroll through a roster of 350 characters to find the ones I’d like to play for each node. 

• Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Saved teams has been my #1 request for a long time and it would definitely save me some time as I wouldn’t have to scroll through a roster of 350 characters to find the ones I’d like to play for each node. 

I don’t have or see this problem as my roster is under 100. There’s no rational point to rostering hundreds of characters YOU NEVER USE unless it’s required PvE 3 to 4 days a year . And they can always be obtained by infinite shard reserve , as all my 3s and 4s are, or moderate placement in the previous PvE. ( Please don’t insult me with a farming rebuttal ).
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @Michael1957

Personally, I don’t know what I would do without the LTs from my champs. Same for the HPs/CPs. Maybe throw an obscene amount of money at the game? From your comments, I would assume you are playing at a higher level than I am, so maybe you can keep up with new 5s and if so, kudos to you. As for me, it’s going to be a struggle getting to 5* land proper and while your method would vastly improve my MMR in PvP, I would be missing out on placement in PvE.

Just a reminder that there are plenty of us who want to farm & for us, a saved team function would be quite nice.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    slice 10 gives the best rewards in the game, and for those trying to make progression with there roster there isn't really any other alternative.

It's probably why you see more and more people getting burned out now. It really takes WAYYYY to long for anyone that doesn't have champ boosted and high level 5's.

But it's most reward for those that who have a number of 5's that aren't necessarily champed and most if not all 4's champed.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Drop initial clears to 3 across all difficulties.  3 initial + 3 final (can ramp the scaling faster so final 3 are max difficulty).  

I don't mind the final grinds with maximum difficulty too much but my patience is wearing thin by the initial clears of the new sub.  
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    658_2 said:

I don’t have or see this problem as my roster is under 100. There’s no rational point to rostering hundreds of characters YOU NEVER USE unless it’s required PvE 3 to 4 days a year . And they can always be obtained by infinite shard reserve , as all my 3s and 4s are, or moderate placement in the previous PvE. ( Please don’t insult me with a farming rebuttal ).
    Lol, please don’t rebut with the precise reason why it is in fact rational to roster hundreds of characters. A 370 4 star will have accumulated in champ rewards four times as much hp as it costs to roster them. 
    If you’re not building rosters in the several hundreds you DON’T NEED the HP. That’s the ignorance of this remark . I have more HP and ISO than I’ll ever need just from casual daily play without chasing rewards . And after 4 years none of my 4* are even near 300. And I still place top 5 percentile regardless of my minimalist roster , which is good enough for me
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    Just reduce the levels on some of the nodes.  Less health = less playtime.

Maybe H1 and H2 can get a 30% reduction, and the 3E is kind of ridiculous.  You're basically running a 2 person team there.  Start with those.

Simplest solution.
    That's already implemented. It's called cl9
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv said:
    Drop initial clears to 3 across all difficulties.  3 initial + 3 final (can ramp the scaling faster so final 3 are max difficulty).  

I don't mind the final grinds with maximum difficulty too much but my patience is wearing thin by the initial clears of the new sub.  
    Lol we have similar rosters and I can’t stand the final grinds.  Nothing is more tedious than whittling down through 500k health.

Before scl 10 my opening times were slightly longer than my closing times even factoring 4x vs 3x.  But after scl 10,  my avg finishing time is definitely longer than my opening times.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2020

658_2 said:

Lol, please don’t rebut with the precise reason why it is in fact rational to roster hundreds of characters. A 370 4 star will have accumulated in champ rewards four times as much hp as it costs to roster them. 
    If you’re not building rosters in the several hundreds you DON’T NEED the HP. That’s the ignorance of this remark . I have more HP and ISO than I’ll ever need just from casual daily play without chasing rewards . And after 4 years none of my 4* are even near 300. And I still place top 5 percentile regardless of my minimalist roster , which is good enough for me
    It’s true that you can play to top 50 with a lesser roster in much easier CLs than 10. That doesn’t really have anything to do with the discussion in this thread about speeding up CL10, or in any way prove that it’s irrational to roster characters and farm.