Is there any drawback??

Vinson18
Vinson18 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
I only play PVE, never PVP because I don’t have the time to commit to climbing. So with  that said us there any reason that I shouldn’t champ my 5* characters??

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Almost none. There are a few PvE events that do scale according to your roster, but they're mostly one-offs. The biggest worry is Boss events. The side nodes on those have roster-based scaling, and they get horrific on day 3 if you have 5* champs. So, that's a "probably go for it", but do be aware that there are a couple of places it might trip you up.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    I would suggest reading over this thread: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82754/in-pvp-does-choosing-a-lower-scl-give-you-easier-matches#latest

If you ever change your mind and want to do any PvP outside of seed teams, you’ll be out of luck. As mentioned, events like boss events or the current A.I.M. event will scale, so be aware of that. The rewards might not be great For the one-offs, but it is content you might struggle with and who knows what might be coming down the pipe. If you do boss events, you will likely be missing out on rewards.
  • Vinson18
    Thanks for the responses and information. I probably should have mentioned that I’m not new and have been playing for some time. I’ve got all 4* and 5* rostered with only twenty-three 4* not championed but all have all powers active. My 5*, I could champion Cable, Archangel (4 extra covers) and Gambit (1 extra cover). I currently play SCL 8 in PVE. I normally place between 50 and 100 overall because of work and family.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, other than match damage, those three ain't gonna make a whole lot of difference in PvE. I'd save the ISO if I were in your place.
  • Vinson18
    Thanks for the direction. I know they aren’t great but if it wouldn’t hurt my overall play experience, I was willing to do it to get the rewards from the extra covers. I’ll hold tight till I get better 5s.