Get rid of kill X or more creatures objectives.

Bil
Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
edited June 2020 in MtGPQ General Discussion
The problem of this objective has been discussed several times on the forums. It's absolutely infuriating to loose an objective and a good rank because you're unlucky enough to face a creatureless deck.

Now, we theorically have the option of killing our own creatures ... But whats the point? It's totally counter intuitive and a good part of our removal spells are now only able to destroy oponents creatures anyway(which is Also pretty annoying when objectives force you to delay the end of the game).

Objectives that depend on oponents build should just be gotten rid of.

Comments

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Agreed! 

Sacrifice x of your own makes even more sense than relying on your opponents build or having to resort to giving greg creatures 
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    There is a large-enough sub-theme of providing an advantage for destroying your own creatures, it would be fine to ask players to build for it once in a while, or at least allow it to happen in the existing Destroy objective since it is already worded like it should count self-sacrifice.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    You can kill your own creatures for this objective, though. 

EDIT: I mean, my opp wasn’t getting enough mana to play anything, so I Frogged my own critter (and then Frogged the Frog), and hit the objective. 
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    critman said:

Might I suggest that the actual ingame text for the Destroyer objective be changed from 
    Kill 3 or more creatures during a single fight.
    to
    Kill 3 or more creatures during a single fight (this can include your own creatures!)
    That way we players always know we can kill our own creatures, and also the devs will no longer have to check their notes to see if the level is 'working as intended'.

Additionally, I'd like to add here that the Sacrifice objective ('Lose X or more creatures during a single fight') is generally unpopular, and I for one would be happy to see it removed from the game or at least mothballed from this point onwards.

True, the sacrifice objective was about as painfull as the kill enemy only, though you could build for it.

the way it is in HxB is best...