Costume variants

Options
Seasick Pirate
Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
How are the alternate costumes variants for toons unlocked? I’ve never seen them show up as progression rewards, champion bonuses, daily resupplies, or any other reward system. They don’t seem to have an in-game currency associated to them when viewing them. There are a couple that prefer over the original designs, but don’t know how to unlock them.

Thanks for any answers and sorry if I’m missing something obvious.

Comments

• Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Usually when new there is a package to buy that gets you covers and the costume

• Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    VIP rewards have given the costumes in the past when you sign up or renew. But that'd be the only ways I have seen them. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most of them have required spending money to get them. A few were progression rewards in various events. There was even a placement one (Cable) in a pve. The VIP ones stopped a long time ago.

Just a week or so ago, they had a reoffer of the KK costume in a bundle. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All 5★ costumes require purchase, except for Cable's, which was available via placement reward in PvE, and Okoye's was via her vault (I think).

4★
    free via progression rewards or as login rewards
    R4G
    Deadpool

Paid
    Valkyrie
    Emma Frost
    Miles Morales 
    Luke Cage

3★
    free via progression rewards or as login rewards

Scarlett Witch
    Cyclops
    Magneto

Paid
    Kamala Khan
    Spiderman 
    Deadpool

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I put together a detailed list of the various costumes and the offers that have existed, if you are interested.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/78956/costumes-that-have-been-available-in-the-game#latest
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really wish they'd re-offer some of them in different ways, particularly the 5* ones that were only available as part of US$75 purchases. I really want Carol's bomber jacket and Kitty's snow suit, but I couldn't afford them at that point, and honestly still can't afford that price point.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @bluewolf thanks for the info. I’ve never noticed a costume in a vault before. I need to pay better attention I guess

Too bad they value costumes so highly. For a cosmetic item, I’d think they would be more easily obtainable.

Good to know. Thanks everyone.
  • BuzzedLightbeer
    BuzzedLightbeer Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I’d really like to find new ways to obtain some of the ones I passed on earlier, as well.