**** Legion (David Haller) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited August 2020 in Character Details

Legion (David Haller)

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Affiliations: Heroes, Mutants

"David Haller's mind is home to over 200 different personas, each with their own incredible mutant power. As the son of Professor Charles Xavier, David has the potential to be the most powerful mutant the world has ever seen. To do so, he must learn to conquer his inner demons, quell the chaos within his mind, and finally embrace his father's legacy."  

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)  
3779 Health / 13995 Health
37 |  10 |  8 | 42 |  33 |  9 |  23 |  3.8x
 74 |  13 |  11 |  85 |  65 |  12 |  43 |  3.8x

Tyrannix the Abominoid - 6 AP
David taps into the powers of Tyrannix to read the enemy's mind. Choose a tile to become a 1-turn Repeater tile that destroys 1 enemy AP in its color.

(PASSIVE) At turn start, if you have more Red than Purple AP, this power becomes Ksenia Nadedja Panov, and David's Purple and Red match damages swap.
  • Level 2: Repeater tiles destroy 2 AP each turn.
  • Level 3: No change.
  • Level 4: No change.
  • Level 5: Repeater tiles destroy 3 AP each turn.
Ksenia Nadedja Panov - 6 AP
This discus champion and Moscow heiress allows David to create deadly ionic energy blades from his fingertips. Deals 463 damage, ignoring Protect tiles. Deals 139 extra damage for each Tyrannix the Abominoid tile in the target's colors. (Max level 902/271 damage)

(PASSIVE) At turn start, if you have more Purple than Red AP, this power becomes Tyrannix the Abominoid, and David's Red and Purple match damages swap.
  • Level 2: Deals 695 damage, plus 185 for each Repeater in the enemy's colors. (Max level 1353/360 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 917 damage, plus 232 for each Repeater in the enemy's colors. (Max level 1786/453 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 1250 damage, plus 417 for each Repeater in the enemy's colors. (Max level 2435/813 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 2037 damage, plus 695 for each Repeater in the enemy's colors. (Max level 3969/1355 damage)
K-Zek the Conduit - 6 AP
K-Zek's energy manipulating powers turn the enemy's strength against them. Choose a color. Deals 383 damage plus 48 damage for each AP the opponent has more of than you in that color, then destroys 2 of that enemy AP. (Max level 745/93 damage)

(PASSIVE) At turn start, if you have more Black than Yellow AP, this power becomes The Delusionaut, and David's Black and Yellow match damages swap.
  • Level 2: Deals 536 damage, plus 67 damage for each extra AP the enemy has. (Max level 1043/130 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 689 damage, plus 86 damage for each extra AP the enemy has. (Max level 1341/167 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 919 damage, plus 115 damage for each extra AP the enemy has. (Max level 1788/223 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1486 damage, plus 186 damage for each extra AP the enemy has. (Max level 2891/361 damage)
The Delusionaut - 6  AP
David channels the powers of The Delusionaut to create himself a momentary reprieve. Creates a Black Invisibility tile targeting David, then restores 232 health. Grants a burst of 166 health to a random ally if the enemy has 0 AP in any color (excluding Team-Up) (Max level 453/323 Health)

(PASSIVE) At turn start, if you have more Yellow than Black AP, this power becomes K-Zek the Conduit, and David's Yellow and Black match damages swap.
  • Level 2: Grants a burst of 232 health. (Max level 453/452 Health)
  • Level 3: Restores 483 health and grants a burst of 299 health. (Max level 942/581 Health)
  • Level 4: Restores 986 health and grants a burst of 432 health. (Max level 1925/840 Health)
  • Level 5: Restores 1991 health and grants a burst of 697 health. (Max level 3887/1357 Health)
The Mycojester - 6  AP
With the help of The Mycojester, David releases debilitating toxic spores across the battlefield. Creates a 1-turn Repeater tile that replicates itself on an adjacent basic tile, leaving behind a strength 42 Attack tile. (Max level strength 81 tile)

(PASSIVE) At turn start, if you have more Blue than Green AP, this power becomes The Origamist, and David's Blue and Green match damages swap.
  • Level 2: Creates Attack tiles of strength 60. (Max level strength 115 tile)
  • Level 3: Creates Attack tiles of strength 76. (Max level strength 147 tile)
  • Level 4: Creates Attack tiles of strength 89. (Max level strength 172 tile)
  • Level 5: Creates 2 Repeater tiles which create Attack tiles of strength 89. (Max level 2x strength 172 tiles)
The Origamist - 6  AP
David calls forth The Origamist, a powerful reality bender, to eliminate enemy threats. Removes an enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tile and Fortifies a friendly special tile, then improves a friendly Strike, Protect, or Attack tile by 37. (Max level 72 improvement)

(PASSIVE) At turn start, if you have more Green than Blue AP, this power becomes The Mycojester, and David's Green and Blue match damages swap.
  • Level 2: Removes 2 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles.
  • Level 3: Fortifies 2 special tiles, and improves a friendly Strike, Protect, or Attack tile by 56. (Max level 108 improvement)
  • Level 4: Removes 3 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles, and improves a friendly Strike, Protect, or Attack tile by 104. (Max level 202 improvement)
  • Level 5: Fortifies 3 special tiles, and improves a friendly Strike, Protect, or Attack tile by 242. (Max level 470 improvement)

Release Schedule

Store Offerings

Legion & Friends - June 18 - 23

• 80 Item Vault
    • 3x 4-Stars
      • 1x Random Legion (David Haller) cover
      • 1x Random Medusa (Inhuman Queen) cover
      • 1x Random 4-Star cover
  • 7x Tokens
    • 1x Legendary token
    • 1x Mighty Token
    • 2x Heroic Tokens
    • 3x Beginner Support tokens
  • 6x Iso-8
    • 1x 5,000 Iso-8
    • 2x 2,500 Iso-8
    • 3x 1,000 Iso-8
  • 15x 3-Stars
    • 3x Black Panther (T’Challa)
    • 12x Random 3-Star covers
  • 49x 2-Stars
    • 10x Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
    • 39x Random 2-Star covers

Release Debut:

Deadpool Vs. MPQ - June 18 - 23

• Legion (David Haller) In placement rewards

Introducing… Legion - June 18 - 25

• Legion (David Haller) Shards
  • Tokens to the Legion & Friends Vault

Featured Event:

Lost in Time - June 22 - 26

• Legion (David Haller) as a progression reward

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - June 21 - 26

• Legion (David Haller) Shards
  • Tokens to the Legion & Friends Vault

Versus Tournament:

A Change of Mind - June 21 - 24

• Legion (David Haller) as a progression reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Legion & Friends Vault

Comments

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    How nice to see such a simple, straightforward power set :smile:
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    mbaren said:
    Word. 

Question: which power comes up in event of a tie?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd say he sounds like Taskmaster with the hanging skill sets, but since no covers for Taskmaster are even given out, I can't say I've played him enough to make a comparison.  :/
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd say he sounds like Taskmaster with the hanging skill sets, but since no covers for Taskmaster are even given out, I can't say I've played him enough to make a comparison.  :/
    Not exactly Taskmaster.  With Taskmaster you choose the powers before the fight.  The power sets will always be the same.  With Legion his power set will be changing mid match and there might be times when you can’t fire the power you want.  

I don’t know if he will be good but he is interesting
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    mbaren said:
    Word. 

Whichever one was already there. It only switches when the opposite color has more AP, so it won't do anything at all when there's a tie.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler

Looks like in the event of a tie whatever the "primary" power is wins out.  Each passive reads that at turn start, if you have more [color A] than [color B], the power flips.  So if you have 6 red and 6 purple AP, the power will still be the purple one.
  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 72 Match Maker
    This sounds weird and I kinda love it!

Everything being 6 AP means he should combo nicely with Shuri+T4rch for a lot of 3 cost fortified repeaters!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I notice that Introducing... Legion will be run longer than Introducing... Onslaught by 2 days. I wonder if there will be more nodes. 

Finally, we have another flexible ap suppressor in 4* land. Winter Soldier and Talos belong to this group. I find this category of strategies underrepresented in MPQ. I really like his abilities and they are cheap. I can't wait to see who his 5* essential opponents are in Shield Training.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    JHawkInc said:
    mbaren said:
    Word. 

Whichever one was already there. It only switches when the opposite color has more AP, so it won't do anything at all when there's a tie.
    Based on color damages, I think yellow, purple, and green are dominant/initial powers, and then will only switch to the other pair (red, black, or blue) when that color has more AP. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems really fitting with the character. It needs a lot of study for playing him well. I love that. 
    And another time powers so complexes will be wasted on AI hands(on theory).
    On the other hand he has powers of the most help on pvp and pve, destroying AP, AoE damage, and powers really great against the meta like ignoring protect or remove special tiles. 
    I like that character and I appreciate he has introducing too. I thought only 5* would have.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like this interesting idea. This feels like a good mechanical interperetation of someone with multiple personalities to me. I'm not going to be able to spend any real time with him due to MMR of course, but I do still think the idea is fun.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2020
    mbaren said:

Looks like in the event of a tie whatever the "primary" power is wins out.  Each passive reads that at turn start, if you have more [color A] than [color B], the power flips.  So if you have 6 red and 6 purple AP, the power will still be the purple one.
    Unless they swapped earlier. Example. At the start of the turn you have 6 Red and 3 Purple, this means the 'active' power should be red. If you match 3 Purple you are now tied 6 each. However with already being Red you won't swap back to Purple.

For which ever colour is active the passive power is always 'if the other colour has more swap'. So ties won't swap powers only strictly more.

Edit:...ahh just re-read your post and you are saying the same thing. When you said 'primary' I thought you meant his initial Purple/Yelllow/Green power set as primary.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,243 Chairperson of the Boards
    Legion will be the 95th 4 in tokens, when he eventually enters them on (probably on July 23rd).

This means that unless more 3's are added, that even if you made every 3 feed two unique 4s, there will now be a growing set of 4s that will never be fed by anyone.  

I appreciate the artistic effort put into Legion.  I suppose we all know that new 4's aren't really moving the needle much in the meta, so I prefer interesting to one that is broken enough to be relevant.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    I was looking at the powers and ... could black and yellow powers be swapped? I mean black healing and creating invis tiles while yellow does damage is kinda weird. It looks this was supposed to be the other way around...
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Very cool abilities. Seems complicated at first but I think we'll get the hang of it quickly. 

I think it's important to point out, that you will not be able to play both sides of a single ability during one turn.

As others have stated, the passive doesn't switch to the other power until the beginning of the next turn.
    For example, you can't play his red until the turn after firing his purple, in hopes of gaining the bonus red damage calc.  
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Polares said:
    I was looking at the powers and ... could black and yellow powers be swapped? I mean black healing and creating invis tiles while yellow does damage is kinda weird. It looks this was supposed to be the other way around...
    But yellow damage and AP manipulation is rare, and it's easy to bring along a different black AP damage dealer. 
    Planning a good set of partners is going to be tricky since you'll want to decide early which of Legion's powers you'll be using.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I guess you won’t be able to send any of his powers as TUs. Seems like that would be wildly complicated. 
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    AXP_isme said:
    I guess you won’t be able to send any of his powers as TUs. Seems like that would be wildly complicated. 
    I’m guessing if we can send a team-up, it’ll only be his yellow, purple, and green.