Jokes that only make sense to MPQ players

Options
pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
What's the difference between a t10 and a t50 PVE finish?

A phone call!

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I would have guessed that you were going in the other direction with

"a well-timed bowel movement!"

• Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hope for the best, but plan to bring a Whales team-up. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    That is really true. :D I got kicked out of top 10 placement because of that.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @OJSP

Kill them with more awkwardness by taking a Piotr.
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    So, not really a joke, but something that only makes sense in this MPQ context.  I just started the vs season, played through the seed teams and a few early teams and got destroyed by a much higher level team.  No big deal, not complaining about that, I had broken rng by being artificially higly ranked, but I happened to look at the name and it was someone I see post here a lot.  My reaction was similar to the deadpool 2 film, where dp is torn apart by Juggs but still in fanboy mode.  I wish pvp had a "friendly nod" button
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, not really a joke, but something that only makes sense in this MPQ context.  I just started the vs season, played through the seed teams and a few early teams and got destroyed by a much higher level team.  No big deal, not complaining about that, I had broken rng by being artificially higly ranked, but I happened to look at the name and it was someone I see post here a lot.  My reaction was similar to the deadpool 2 film, where dp is torn apart by Juggs but still in fanboy mode.  I wish pvp had a "friendly nod" button
    ;) *friendly nod*

I thought about something similar the other day. It would be cool if pvp had pre-made messages that you could exchange. Like if you get a defensive win then your default message to the losing player could be "Better luck next time!" or "Thanks for the points." And if you beat someone then it could be "Nothing personal, just wins" or "Puny god" with Hulk's picture saying it. And naturally that could be turned off.
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    Exactly!  I have often wanted to tip my hat when I get beat by a much lower level team, and add the 'nothing personal, it's just wins' on the retal.  Or in this case, 'happy to be 1 of the 75'
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another game I play, Stormbound, has a limited set of emoji themed to the game's factions that you can use to semi-chat with your opponent during matches. It's a cool solution to doing something like that without having to do translations.
    Not so much an MPQ player thing as an MPQ forum regular thing, but I often find myself using "tinykitty" as a substitute in situations where it's not appropriate to actually swear, both textually and verbally.