Legendary Reinforcements offer

Options
2»

Comments

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,566 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    75$ is the price of a brand-new AAA game, there's no way I'd ever spend this much money on this (or any other) in-game purchase.

And, yes that is also linked to my personal situation: the average salary in my area is not even 20K a year.
    So I'm sure I would look at the world differently if there was a possibility of a job that pays 10 - 20K every month.

• Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    If I were to pay $50 bucks or more for a game then I should never have to deal with slot machines to unlock characters ever again after that.
    So you enjoy living in 2004 before dlc and freemium took off?  How did you build your time machine?  A DeLorean?

Steam & Great Old Games works for me.
    Also, DLC does not automatically mean Slot Machine type unlocking (though it can). Spider-man on the PS4 being a (somewhat) recent example.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    An average AAA game has about 30 hours of playable content. This changes depending on the genre of the game.

Mathematically speaking, you are paying $2.5 per hour on a triple AAA game. ($75/30). 

If you spend an average of 1.5 hours a day on MPQ, that's equivalent to $112.5 a month. But if you spend only 1.99 or 9.99 a month on MPQ, you are actually getting a lot of bang for your bucks.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    An average AAA game has about 30 hours of playable content. This changes depending on the genre of the game.

Mathematically speaking, you are paying $2.5 per hour on a triple AAA game. ($75/30). 

If you spend an average of 1.5 hours a day on MPQ, that's equivalent to $112.5 a month. But if you spend only 1.99 or 9.99 a month on MPQ, you are actually getting a lot of bang for your bucks.
    I don't really spend time on AAA games anymore.  I know the grind is worse than it was but in a lot of games (I think) you are spending most of the time engaging with novel content over the time spent in game.  MPQ is just grinding the same nodes over and over, fighting (mostly) the same teams over and over, etc.

So you could decide what you value more.  There's a decent argument that MPQ's "hours of gameplay" isn't worth as much as less time spent in more interesting gameplay.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For a match-3 game, it is indeed difficult to be more interesting than RPG or FPS games.

I've played about 4-5 F2P match-3 games while also playing MPQ and MPQ is the only one that can hold my attention for 2 years. I find it impressive. The second longest was probably 6-8 months.
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not for me.  The offer would have to be at least 300 LL's for $75 which would never happen.  I can't see myself spending $7.50 for a 4 star.  Who gives a rip about the mighty pulls as they nearly always result in a 3 star the way heroics result in a 2 star.  This just seems like total rip off to me.  Especially, when I think about how I had to drop 436 LL's to fully roster BRB.  What good is 10 going to do me??
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I wish we could spend the equivalent ISO or HP.  I have a hoard of both.  Especially ISO.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm fortunate enough to have discretionary money where I could spend money on this. But I don't have unlimited funds and even so, I want value. This is so far from value it's not even funny. At one extreme, you could be paying $75 for 10 4* covers, 15 3* covers, and 20 2* covers. That's too much coin for too uncertain a return. Now, if it was $75 for 10 random 5* covers, 15 random 4* covers, and 20 random 3* covers I think I'd jump on it.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What still baffles me is the fact that on Steam the offer is €62.99, while it is €79.99 on Android. That's almost 2 months VIP difference (€8.19 Steam p.m. /€9.99 Android p.m.)!