Legendary Reinforcements offer

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
What do you all think of the new Legendary Reinforcements offer ?

For $74.99 you get 10 LLs, 15 Mighty, and 20 Heroic tokens. Think this offer has the most LL tokens I've ever seen, but is also one of the most expensive. Seems like they are more willing to pump out offers with LL tokens these days along with the faster release of new characters we're seeing.  

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had to buy. I wanted to stand on some principal but it was too enticing. 

Net result was 2 Apoc (my first), and a Yelena (number 11). 

Unrelated but I purchased the support pack as well with terrible results, then the free token today raised my Atlantis from 1* to 3* which is a game changer for that support. So turned that frown upside down.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Odds are very good you'd get all 4's from those LTs.  Maybe you get 1 cover for Yelena, lol.

Spend your money where you want but I think there are better uses for $75. You will not notice those various covers in your roster 2 days later, the marginal progress will not impact your game at all with the massive dilution they have now.
    This is a good point for most. I suppose it depends on your financial situation, impulse control, etc...

I definitely wanted to have this same attitude about it. However, I broke. 😂

Ive spent more on worse. On the other hand it does occur to me I could have grabbed that Borderlands set for my Switch I’ve been eyeing with some change to spare.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The fact that this offer (10x 0.15 chances at a 5* cover for $75) seems attractive is a harsh indictment of mpq's existing prices.

As many of us predicted and as some have pointed out above, this is just the logical end point of the process that started with the rollout of shards last year.  Lock resources to specific characters, reduce resource accrual rates, and then sell direct access to newly scarce resources. 

No surprise that this comes after the community decides that IH/Yelena/apoc is a an LT pool worthy of chasing.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    The fact that this offer (10x 0.15 chances at a 5* cover for $75) seems attractive is a harsh indictment of mpq's existing prices.

As many of us predicted and as some have pointed out above, this is just the logical end point of the process that started with the rollout of shards last year.  Lock resources to specific characters, reduce resource accrual rates, and then sell direct access to newly scarce resources. 

No surprise that this comes after the community decides that IH/Yelena/apoc is a an LT pool worthy of chasing.
    Then again, many people built up a considerable stash of LT and/or CP for these Latest. Don't see how 10 more LT would make a big difference. I expect them to make more if everyone was out of LT and the next character was super ultra meta.
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My recent 0/42 streak says no thanks 😂 

As a developing 4*roster played I would gladly accept that. XD.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Dogface

As a 4* transitioner who has started building a 5* roster as well, 10 LTs would pad my ability to likely draw 1 of each. Worth $80? Not to me.
  • Palookaville
    Palookaville Posts: 83 Match Maker
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Just remember you will never be able to buy Legendary tokens. EVER! 

Oh yeah, and it's SEVENTY FIVE BUCKS!!!!!!
  • Stranger Dan
    Stranger Dan Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If I were to pay $50 bucks or more for a game then I should never have to deal with slot machines to unlock characters ever again after that.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only see this being worth it if it's already your routine to spend $75 or more a month on this game, and you don't need more HP or iso.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I were to pay $50 bucks or more for a game then I should never have to deal with slot machines to unlock characters ever again after that.
    So you enjoy living in 2004 before dlc and freemium took off?  How did you build your time machine?  A DeLorean?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Odds are very good you'd get all 4's from those LTs.
    With an 85% chance that each token will be a 4*, the odds that they are all 4*s is 19.7% or about 1:5.  So while it is a possibility, 4 out of 5 purchases should get at least one 5* cover.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If people are earning 10k or 20k a month, spending $75 on games is nothing. There are whales that spend 6 figures on mobile games because they are able to afford to do so. Find a job that pays you that kind of money every month and you will look at the world differently.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    bluewolf said:
    Odds are very good you'd get all 4's from those LTs.
    With an 85% chance that each token will be a 4*, the odds that they are all 4*s is 19.7% or about 1:5.  So while it is a possibility, 4 out of 5 purchases should get at least one 5* cover.

Obviously you don't have my luck, where my rate was 13.4% for years.

:D