***** Onslaught (Psionic Entity) *****

Comments

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    New event showing up tomorrow. “Introducing Onslaught”. Looks like it might be a 5-day (or maybe 5-node?) event similar to 12 days of Christmas and Cinema things they’ve done before. We’re gonna earn a whopping 15 (lol) Onslaught shards (at least through progression). But who knows, maybe it’ll be a fun event to play a fully covered new character. Maybe this is their way of not doing shield training but still giving us something to try. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    They need to slow down with the rewards! 15 shards! Oh boy! What 550 to 650 teams will I have to beat for that?! 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its interesting because astral projection can be played avoiding matching the traps for continue being invisible or matching for getting the heavy tile.
    But now the pasive requires level 4 for to be efective. That forces the player to choose on having a fortified tile or doing more damage with his blue. 
    That is why I didnt like the way his pasive is because limits settings.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    lvsmr2 said:
    Am I missing something? You all complain of a match of 5 but level 4, you only need a match of 4, which is pretty good.  Stick them with Prof X and you could create chaos! 
    Yes, what you are missing is that you need 4 covers for this 5-star character’s power to become relevant.   For most players, they will NEVER get those 4 covers and this power will remain relatively pointless. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    Its interesting because astral projection can be played avoiding matching the traps for continue being invisible or matching for getting the heavy tile.
    But now the pasive requires level 4 for to be efective. That forces the player to choose on having a fortified tile or doing more damage with his blue. 
    That is why I didnt like the way his pasive is because limits settings.
    I agree with you with how his passive works. I would also say his blue depending on conditions could be just as good at 3 covers as it is at 5.  If you are playing against non special tile creators level 3 in blue is just as good as level 5.  Blue at level 3 has the ability to create match 4’s causing his green to fire.  I also don’t think fortifying that attack tile will be a constant great ability.  In PVP meta kitty will remove that attack tile regardless of fortification.  In PVE blue night be more important against mindless ones and ultranationalist bots and mutants adding special tiles.  I also think he probably needs either Apocalypse or Okoye to be powerful.  With His attack tile BRB Kitty will easily get enough protect tiles out to defend.  Without Okoye or Apocalypse boosting his damage he is mostly a meat shield with some good board shake
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 558 Critical Contributor
    That legendary store i think would be worth spending on. there's two sweet covers, and one boring.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay Onslaught and PX!

Meh Loki.

Green looks interesting.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    So boss event goes AWOL again it looks like.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    MrPlow said:
    So boss event goes AWOL again it looks like.
    I can’t imagine, with the new/faster release schedule, that they want to do a boss event for every 5* now. But since we did recently have one, I’m pretty sure they haven’t stopped them completely. I have a feeling they’ll just put them in the rotation at random intervals. Or maybe every other 5*?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The artwork for Introducing Onslaught looks cool. It seems like there are only 5 nodes.

3/5/5 is still the way to go. 

If they do a boss event, some character have to sacrifice 250 shards. 
  • HoundofShadow
    First node with Magneto. Only any variation of Prof X can be used. I find it unbelievable that a champed 5* Prof X was given as a loaner. And wow... Is Prof X (4&5) terrible in single fight. :D If the board is lacking purple, it's going to take a long time to finish the node. Magneto casted his Coercive Field thrice against loaner Prof X. It was a hard fought battle with 5* Prof X down to ~2000hp.

The wordings in the comic strips are not very clear. I wonder if it's possible to enlarge the comic strip next time.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards

Mr_F said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Thanks all for naming the other mainstream villians. I was thinking there aren't many exciting villians left for MPQ to release.  :D

Grim Reaper, Super Adaptoid, Abomination, Grey Gargoyle, Absorbing Man, Enchantress, Lady Deathstrike, Viper, Silver Samuari, Mole Man(!), Attuma, Maximus, Selene the Black Queen, Arcade, The Mad Thinker, etc etc etc
    I look forward to the day they are all in game and I forget they were ever added.   ;)

Sad but true although both Adaptoid and Absorbing Man could have potential to break the game quite a lot!
    I have advocated since I first started playing having Absorbing Man with a blue 4 turn stun that gives him all the powers of the stunned character for that duration . He would break the game . 

Just like Taskmaster did? Or Rogue?

Taskmaster cannot copy superhuman powers, nor does his ability to replicate skills make him superhuman in terms of strength, stamina or agility.

Rogue has limitations on the amount of power she can absorb - in the past she has been incapable of absorbing all the energy of the Juggernaut or all of Mojo's power.

The other two have no practical limits on their power thresholds and their Achilles Heels are a low IQ for AM and for Apadtoid an over reliance on logic which can be exploited.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    First node with Magneto. Only any variation of Prof X can be used. I find it unbelievable that a champed 5* Prof X was given as a loaner. And wow... Is Prof X (4&5) terrible in single fight. :D If the board is lacking purple, it's going to take a long time to finish the node. Magneto casted his Coercive Field thrice against loaner Prof X. It was a hard fought battle with 5* Prof X down to ~2000hp.

The wordings in the comic strips are not very clear. I wonder if it's possible to enlarge the comic strip next time.
    I agree but this is the thread for that feedback  https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=news&f=new-character---onslaught-psionic-entity&l=en
  • HoundofShadow
    Wrong link? I suppose you want to send me the Introducing.... thread.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020

prof $ is fine 1v1.  Purple is the only active, but he has tons of versatility with that ability.  (And in this fight, mags doesn't even chase purple).  Plus he has DR making him tougher than he seems at first glance.  And any match4 is punishing to the ai.

4* X is also ok 1v1 unless the enemy has aoe or massive boardshake.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    My champed Profe$$or had a match-4 available on turn 1, and I nearly won in a single swipe. X is a killer if you're playing him right.
  • HoundofShadow
    I guess it's due to a terrible board. No purple and match-4 in sight. On the other hand, Magneto had two match-4 and 1 match-5 against loaner 5* Prof X.  

4* Prof X works because of his invisiblity. Match-5 is hard to come by. So, I need to use teampup to activate his passive special tiles. I wonder what day 2 have in store. Against Prof X maybe?
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @HoundofShadow

I fully expect to see a reverse of today before the event is over.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    The artwork for Introducing Onslaught looks cool. It seems like there are only 5 nodes.

3/5/5 is still the way to go. 

If they do a boss event, some character have to sacrifice 250 shards. 
    The last boss event didn't skip anyone's shards, but they messed up their communication (I think) when they said you'd get Poccy shards from the boss event.  Hence the backtracking and "free" Apocalypse shards we got after the run of LiT.

Boss events just pause the 5E schedule for an event, which in the breakneck release pace does potentially short a Latest person if they get pushed out faster before they get a last turn as a 5E.

It's possible we are getting a boss event for Onslaught and they just didn't list it, in light of the past mistake?  Or maybe they decided there was too much backlash last time, and aren't running one, which would be a shame.  Bosses provide a break.