***** Onslaught (Psionic Entity) *****

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Thanks all for naming the other mainstream villians. I was thinking there aren't many exciting villians left for MPQ to release.  :D
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks all for naming the other mainstream villians. I was thinking there aren't many exciting villians left for MPQ to release.  :D

Grim Reaper, Super Adaptoid, Abomination, Grey Gargoyle, Absorbing Man, Enchantress, Lady Deathstrike, Viper, Silver Samuari, Mole Man(!), Attuma, Maximus, Selene the Black Queen, Arcade, The Mad Thinker, etc etc etc
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

Grim Reaper, Super Adaptoid, Abomination, Grey Gargoyle, Absorbing Man, Enchantress, Lady Deathstrike, Viper, Silver Samuari, Mole Man(!), Attuma, Maximus, Selene the Black Queen, Arcade, The Mad Thinker, etc etc etc
    I look forward to the day they are all in game and I forget they were ever added.   ;)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I look forward to the day they are all in game and I forget they were ever added.   ;)

Sad but true although both Adaptoid and Absorbing Man could have potential to break the game quite a lot!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh there are loads of villains big enough for an MPQ release. You could release villains for two years straight and still be missing someone, only hitting big names along the way. I mean, you could get half a year just doing Spidey villains (and only more significant foes like Scorpion or Electro, we're not talking about digging through dregs like Big Wheel or Living Brain).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arcade would be such a dope puzzle-based boss if done well. It seems like such an obvious thing to add to this puzzle game...

I wonder how a movie about Arcade fighting the X-Men would go over in the cinematic U? I can imagine the young First Class x-men running from giant pinballs in murder world

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arcade and x-men... it could sound funny but if it this char is surely onslaught at it seems, apoc and now onslaught were the final bosses of Marvel vs capcom. Now if it the next char is galactus it would be complete.
    The next after that could be Ryu lol.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

Omega **** Red. 
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2020
    jp1 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Omega **** Red. 

and Wrecking Crew, Red Skull, Mr Hyde, Baron Mordo (the real one, not the MCU one), Blob, Toad, Anihilus, Avalanche, Cassandra Nova, Sauron, Baron Zemo, Immortus, Kang, Klaw, Leader, Morbius... And I just added the most important who where ommited above.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    jp1 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Omega **** Red. 

and Wrecking Crew, Red Skull, Mr Hyde, Baron Mordo (the real one, not the MCU one), Blob, Toad, Anihilus, Avalanche, Cassandra Nova, Sauron, Baron Zemo, Immortus, Kang, Klaw, Leader, Morbius... And I just added the most important who where ommited above.
    THANK YOU for mentioning the Blob.  I mean, for reals. 

doesn't ANYONE remember the old x-men arcade game?  6-players max?  It had the blob in it as a boss, and I can NEVER get his entrance quote out of my head (complete with oafish voice)

"NoThiNg caN MoVE tHE BLOB!!!"
  • Mr_F
    edited June 2020
    So it is really Onslaught. I just hoped not. Bad decision IMO. There are plenty of better character to use, not the one time villain.  I mean, How does he even come as a characters that works with anybody other? He is total solo dude not a team up guy. Apocalypse has his Horsemen, Galactus his Herolds but he? He should be Alliance event villain only! At top!
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its Onslaught, rewards from next PVE event confirms it
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    His power seems to deal a lot of damage. At 5 covers

~2494 Attack tiles
    ~1311 per TU tile
    ~5501 per enemy special tile

• krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    TU destruction seems about on par with 3Mags (boosted to 5* strength). Also, looks like an interesting team with Hellcat for hybrid rosters.

I’ll probably miss out on him since I’m planning a classics pull once Apoc enters.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Sad but true although both Adaptoid and Absorbing Man could have potential to break the game quite a lot!
    I have advocated since I first started playing having Absorbing Man with a blue 4 turn stun that gives him all the powers of the stunned character for that duration . He would break the game . 
  • Mr_F
    DAZ0273 said:
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I have advocated since I first started playing having Absorbing Man with a blue 4 turn stun that gives him all the powers of the stunned character for that duration . He would break the game . 

Just like Taskmaster did? Or Rogue?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    So from the in game numbers it looks like his purple attack tile will be his big damage.  At level 5 it will do 622 damage before leveling him up.  This will be a big attack tile once he is at 450+.  Blue damage also looks decent 1372 at 5 covers but it can multiply. Apocalypse red goes from 1021-4102.  I am guessing his blue will do around 5500 damage per special tiles.

i guess I will only have one question.  Will Apocalypse shared strength stack with Onslaught green.  So on a match 4 will there be an additional 8856 damage per TU tile destroyed.  If so Apocalypse Onslaught might get really nasty
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice artwork on this one!
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime said:
    So from the in game numbers it looks like his purple attack tile will be his big damage.  At level 5 it will do 622 damage before leveling him up.  This will be a big attack tile once he is at 450+.  Blue damage also looks decent 1372 at 5 covers but it can multiply. Apocalypse red goes from 1021-4102.  I am guessing his blue will do around 5500 damage per special tiles.

i guess I will only have one question.  Will Apocalypse shared strength stack with Onslaught green.  So on a match 4 will there be an additional 8856 damage per TU tile destroyed.  If so Apocalypse Onslaught might get really nasty
    It will be a 1-time total calc to add upon.   Or, since it's tile destruction-based damage. It may not even stack.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:
    wymtime said:

It will be a 1-time total calc to add upon.   Or, since it's tile destruction-based damage. It may not even stack.
    Good point so like Magneto red then.  I hope his blue stacks so if you select a row/column with multiple special tiles.