Fathom Mage has been, and currently is still broken. [Fix in 4.4]

Options
Firinmahlazer
Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
Making any kind of small loop with Fathom Mage (most evident with Jace 2 3rd ability) makes Fathom Mage continue to buff and draw after your creatures attack or even after the game ends. This has been an issue since Fathom Mage was introduced and carries on today. 

Comments

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know the effect you're referring to : it's not Fathom Mage, it's the game continuing effects even after you win. 

I'm assuming you're using FM with high alert and that library golem? 

The effect is actually on the stack after the attacking action 
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know the effect you're referring to : it's not Fathom Mage, it's the game continuing effects even after you win. 

I'm assuming you're using FM with high alert and that library golem? 

The effect is actually on the stack after the attacking action 
    Jace Unraveler of Secrets. 3rd ability gives +4/+4 on a card draw. That buffs FM, which makes you draw, which buffs FM, which makes you draw etc until your hand is full. 

The effect doesn't happen that slowly though and all the draw seems to happen at once then you attack but the buffs haven't finished happening. Even after the match ends you can see the animation carrying on in the background. Or if it goes to the AI's turn FM hasn't finished buffing. I haven't seen this kind of thing happening with any other card.

Even looking at the Battle Log it will read something like; Unravel triggered. Fathom Mage triggered. Unravel triggered, Fathom Mage triggered 3x. Unravel Triggered. 

That makes me believe that FM is for some reason doesn't resolve before being allowed to attack but attacking doesn't stop the triggers from finishing.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This issue is now under investigation.

Thank you for the feedback,
    Marcela.