***** Onslaught (Psionic Entity) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
edited July 2020 in Character Details

Onslaught (Psionic Entity)
5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Affiliation: Villains, Mutants

"Born of Magneto's negative emotions and the repressed dark side of Professor X, the entity known as Onslaught sought to destroy the world. Only through great sacrifice could the world's heroes hope to contain Onslaught's destructive power and dissipate his psionic form.”

(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450) 
18368 Health / 84960 Health
 24 | 29 | 181 | 219 | 195 | 26 | 109 | 3.5x
 95 | 112 | 684 | 879 | 781 | 103 | 435 | 3.5x

Astral Projection - 8  AP
Onslaught gathers his power on the Astral Plane before striking the material world. Grants Onslaught 1 turn of Invisibility and creates 3 Trap tiles. At the start of your turn, if at least one of these Trap tiles exists, grants Onslaught 1 additional turn of Invisibility. When one is matched by either team, remove Onslaught's Invisibility, disarm all other friendly Astral Projection Trap tiles and create 1 strength 150 Attack tile. (Max level strength 601 Attack tile)
  • Level 2: Trap tiles create strength 236 Attack tile. (Max level strength 601 Attack tile)
  • Level 3: Trap tiles create strength 323 Attack tile. (Max level strength 1294 Attack tile)
  • Level 4: Trap tiles create strength 496 Attack tile. (Max level strength 1986 Attack tile)
  • Level 5: Trap tiles create strength 622 Fortified Attack tile. (Max level strength 2493 Attack tile)
Know His Name  -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Once it starts, the onslaught is relentless. When you make a Match-5 or greater, destroy all Team-Up tiles on the board, dealing 208 damage for each tile destroyed. (Destroyed tiles don't generate AP or deal additional damage) (Max level 837 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 246 damage for each Team-Up tile destroyed. (Max level 990 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 249 damage for each Team-Up tile destroyed. (Max level 1002 damage)
  • Level 4: Destroy all Team-Up tiles on the board when you make a Match-4 or greater.
  • Level 5: Deals 327 damage for each Team-Up tile destroyed. (Max level 1316 damage)
Psychic Blast - 7  AP
Onslaught manipulates the enemy's perceptions so they cannot trust anything around them. Pick a tile and, in the chosen tile's row and column, deal 710 damage for every enemy special tile and convert all tiles of the enemy's strongest color to the enemy's weakest color. (Max level 2855 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 793 damage for every enemy special tile in the selected row and column. (Max level 3188 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 875 damage for every enemy special tile in the selected row and column. (Max level 3520 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 1041 damage for every enemy special tile in the selected row and column. (Max level 4185 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1372 damage for every enemy special tile in the selected row and column. (Max level 5515 damage)

Release Schedule

All times in Eastern Time

Release Events:

Introducing… Onslaught
  • June 4, 2020, 07:00 – June 9, 2020, 07:00
  • Rewards Iso-8 and a Heroic Token
  • Onslaught (Psionic Entity) Shards in Placement rewards
Unstable Iso-8
  • June 4, 2020, 07:00 – June 9, 2020, 02:00
  • Rewards tokens to the Relentless Onslaught Cover Store
The Hunt
  • June 8, 2020, 07:00 – June 12, 2020, 02:00
  • Onslaught (Psionic Entity) Shards in Progression rewards
Weapon Tex-Mex
  • June 4, 2020, 20:00 – June 8, 2020, 03:00
Great Minds
  • June 7, 2020, 08:00 – June 10, 2020, 15:00
  • Rewards tokens to the Relentless Onslaught Cover Store

Offers

Release Cover Store:

Relentless Onslaught Cover Store
  • June 4, 2020, 07:00 – June 13, 2020, 02:00
  • 1x pull:
    • 1 in 250 chance to get a cover of Onslaught (Psionic Entity)
    • ~1 in 13 chance to get a 4-Star
    • 1 in 4 chance to get a 3-Star
    • Remainder chance to get a 2-Star
  • 10x & 40x pull:
    • ~1 in 166 chance to get a cover of Onslaught (Psionic Entity)
    • ~1 in 11 chance to get a 4-Star
    • 1 in 4 chance to get a 3-Star
    • Remainder chance to get a 2-Star
  • The Relentless Onslaught cover store will run for longer than usual stores to ensure that players have an opportunity to pull from the store if they wish to.

Special Limited Vault

<NAME TBD>
  • June 11, 2020, 07:00 – June 15, 2020, 02:00
  • 40 Items
    • 1x <NAME TBD> Legendary Store Token
    • 1x 4-Star <Character TBD> cover
    • 3x Random 3-Star covers
    • 6x Heroic tokens
    • 4x 2500 Iso
    • 6x 1000 Iso
    • 5x 500 Iso
    • 14x Two stars

Special Legendary Store

Optimal Illusion
  • June 11, 2020, 07:00 – June 15, 2020, 02:00
  • 15% chance to get Onslaught (Psionic Entity), Professor X (Classic) and Loki (God of Mischief)
  • Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Question from a line friend: Does the blue power swap all tiles of that color on the whole board? Or just the tiles in that row and column t-shape? Probably the latter...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    First ability: He's invisible as long as none of his trap tile is matched by anyone. Some creative ways to work around this are to destroy the other two trap tiles or overwrite the other two trap tiles with special tiles. 

Second power seems like anti-Okoye. A 4 in this power is guaranteed. Put him with the king of match-4 and Okoye's not going to heal much or increase strength of powers much.

Third power seems like anti-Britty. Unfortunately, it doesn't ignore protect tiles, and will allow them to gain tons of blue and green power instead.

I think this character is going to hit the Hall of Fame along with Wasp and Bruce Banner. 

3/5/5 is the way to go.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the sounds of those powers I think Onslaught is pretty much nailed on and there is a combination of Prof X and Magneto's abilities already in game with some tweaks.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    What's the point of a 5* with a match-5 power? At least for Phoenix it's more of an afterthought and she can fuel her own match-5s.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 558 Critical Contributor
    I'm into him.

It sounds like he's going to be forever invisible, his team up removal will be fantastic to stop Okoye, and cause Cascades (Which prof5 would love), and, some great tile remover. Also, beastly amount of life.

With Kitty, 5/4/4.
    Else 3/5/5
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Good luck getting those cascades to trigger when you want them, like before she heals or the other team fires a power, as opposed to randomly every 3 matches.
  • HoundofShadow
    Wait till you play against Prof $. Those match-4 will flood them with aps. 

I'm going to try out Prof X, Carbage and Onslaught as my defensive team.  B)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    marshall said:
    What's the point of a 5* with a match-5 power? At least for Phoenix it's more of an afterthought and she can fuel her own match-5s.
    It becomes a march-4 power when at four green covers, which is much more common (and something the enemy AI will preference when available).
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    If this is Onslaught, will it lock Prof X out?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Assuming it’s Onslaught, it shouldn’t be possible to run him with Prof X nor with Magneto, right?

I guess we will see. 

Right now he looks unimpressive, although at least he does some new things. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    These powers sound way more as the Shadow King, but I guess he is not as popular so it will probably be Onslaught. I dont like these set of powers for Onslaught, it doesnt fit the character at all.

Now, talking about the kit. I still dont know how good this char is going to be, but he doesnt look like amazing (without knowing the numbers). He seems like a cascade machine, his green looks really really good, specially in AIs hands, but his purple on the other hand looks pretty meh. 8 AP for an invis power that can be so easily dismantled doesnt look very good. His blue might be ok or a complete liability against brbitty, but I guess the point is to help his green more than doing a lot of damage.

The key question is if this character can be played with ProfX? I can see the team "Onslaught", ProfX, Bishop being super annoying in defense. Bishop getting blue passively, Onslaught firing blue for 7, getting a match4, ProfX damage, then team ups explode, getting more cascades and more match4s, etc, etc. (even though AI might be pretty bad at firing his blue to get a cascade).
  • HoundofShadow
    Now that it hits me. His movesets do seem like a combination of Magneto and Prox X.  :'(

Can his blue power be fired if there isn't any enemy special tile on the board?

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that it hits me. His movesets do seem like a combination of Magneto and Prox X.  :'(

Can his blue power be fired if there isn't any enemy special tile on the board?

Yeah his green is basically 5 ProfX blue + 3 magneto red.

Yes, It should be fired without any special tile. The text says "Pick a tile" and then "deal low damage for every enemy special tile", so it doesnt require the tile picked to be anything special. If no special tiles on the row and column then there is simply no damage, and it swaps the tiles for the corresponding colors.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like a counter to Okoye only if you can get a 5 match. Honestly, i don't see that effecting her too much, as 5 matches don't happen too often.

I didn't think we needed a hard counter to Okoye

I think there are other problem teams that need addressing
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Sounds ok, not amazing but not Wasp lousy. His purple could be interesting to counter characters like Jessica Drew or Sinisters trap tiles, if someone really thinks they need a counter for those type characters anyways. 

Maybe they're going to release some more trap tile characters making this purple a decent ability who knows. Not sure how I feel about removing invisibility when only one of the three trap tiles is matched. 

The green is pretty nice once it only takes a match 4 to trigger,  even still there might not always be a ton of team up tiles on the board. As far a an Okoye counter could be helpful. Then once we find out if he and Prof both activate their powers during a match 4 if on same team would be fun. 

I'm glad the details on this character came out, lot of us wanted to see what the next 5 would be like before opening a stash on LLs. I don't think this character really does it for me though, to make me want to wait and choose him over Hulk or Yelena.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It places invisibility tiles but when either team match one all tiles are disarmed. So what is the point of spamming invisibility tiles then? .
    It can create cascades given the rare event of a match 5 happens ( we know what that means for AI defensively).
    And the blue power is kind of like northstar.
    If the numbers of damage and tiles are not high enough, this char could remain as another northstar on popularity.
  • lvsmr2
    lvsmr2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2020
    Am I missing something? You all complain of a match of 5 but level 4, you only need a match of 4, which is pretty good.  Stick them with Prof X and you could create chaos! 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    It places invisibility tiles but when either team match one all tiles are disarmed. So what is the point of spamming invisibility tiles then? .
    It can create cascades given the rare event of a match 5 happens ( we know what that means for AI defensively).
    And the blue power is kind of like northstar.
    If the numbers of damage and tiles are not high enough, this char could remain as another northstar on popularity.
    The green passive triggers on a match-4 if you run it at 4 or 5 covers.  It seems obvious to me that you want it there.  Not sure how good the dmg will be on those destroyed tiles.

If you end up converting tiles to blue/purple/green via the blue ability.....you could get some decent stuff happening, I guess, with luck and cascades.

I'm not sure what teams you might see where those colors are among the weakest.  Certainly not any BRB teams?

This character has the highest match dmg numbers in the game, with the third highest being a little over Poccy's and the top 2 being tied.  A little lower on the crit multiplier number.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I look back on Apocalypse I saw him as a Okoye replacement in the meta.  Someone who could enhance others abilities but also deal massive damage.  This character feels like an off meta or anti meta character.

first can we say health creep??  Another 84k health character??

purple power best ability might be invisibility. I am not sure the attack tile will be worth it but avoiding Apocalypse black/red or BRB green and having such high health can be useful.  If the attack tiles are 1 per trap then not bad.  If it is just 1 then not so much especially since Kitty can remove a fortified attack tiles.

(Side rant about trap tiles:  in the 5* tier can trap tiles please fire when destroyed by match 4/5 when a row or column is destroyed.  It will make trap tiles so much better in the game)

green feels like an anti Okoye.  This should lead to great board shake.  It makes me feel like Professor X will pair well.  Imagine the damage done on the first match 4.  Or pair with IHulk and after all the TU are gone it will be hard to remove Green.

blue looks creative???  I think this power is to help against BRB teams with all the protect tiles. I feel like a Hell Cat Purple TU would greatly help this power.  On its own it might be more situational.

Can’t wait for official damage numbers to come out
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Its true, it changes with 4. So rare. But I say the same thing. If damage is not high enough, it happens the same as magneto polarity, you can harm the first time. After that there will be less TU on board.
    Edit: Im not convinced with the power being this way because it forces you to set it at 4 and on the other hand any player will figure it out right that you are setting it to 4.