Patch Notes 4.2 - Data Push *UPDATE (05/15/20)

Options
2»

Comments

• Muhhh
    Muhhh Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Is there a fix in there for the massive mana giveaway? I haven’t faced Lavina yet but am seeing large amounts of mana being handed over to Greg in every match.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support
    Thank you so much for the quick response.  :)
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great news on Lavinia. That was going to be very dangerous if it persisted until the next PvP event. I've already run into her more in the last couple of days than I have in months. News travels fast. 

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How will we know when this data push has happened? Unlike the Chord update, we can't see any change to the card. What app version should we see after this update?

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi @jtwood

After the Data Push, your app version should be 4.2.0.40765.
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Muhhh said:
    Is there a fix in there for the massive mana giveaway? I haven’t faced Lavina yet but am seeing large amounts of mana being handed over to Greg in every match.
    I've noticed this when you match an indestructible support , but it does go both ways when Greg matches one of yours if you have one.
  • Michael_WC
    Michael_WC Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    This, (the second data push), along with its documentation is greatly appreciated and, in my opinion, is the way hotfixes should be implemented.

Thank you @Octagon_Support.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    critman said:
    Volrak said:
    critman said:
    Volrak said:
    Sometimes the gratitude of the community after an issue is raised and fixed the very next day is heartwarming.  Other times it just disgusts.
    Surely, as a programmer, the inelegance of this solution must rankle just a little.

A game breaking loop exists. It *continues* to exist, because this is a patch up, not a fix. 12-18 months down the line, they'll print a card which breaks the game in exactly the same way, because they'll have forgotten about this patch.
    I'm not sure what the unfortunate position LPS occupies on mtgpq's "best features" list has got to do with the community complaints (in some cases impolite) about the unavailability of THB exclusives in existing Standard packs, Oktagon mobilising to address those in perhaps the most responsive, rapid, and reasonable way they've ever dealt with any significant community request, and afterwards, no thanks, no acknowledgement, just complaints (in some cases impolite) about the next thing.
    Perhaps it's because the change to the STD boosters was so unpopular in the first place? there was a whole thread of complaints when it was announced.
    Almost everything they do draws complaints from the people who habitually complain about everything. If it were up to the forums every event would have guaranteed mythic ranking rewards, 300 crystals + 150 jewels for progression. 

At the end of the day their goal is to make money. 
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    critman said:

Change

• The card Chord of Calling base mana cost changed. From 9 to 11.
    There's a rumor going around at the moment that Chord of Calling was only changed because of an interaction it was supposedly going to have with Vadrok, and yet, upon testing, said interaction wouldn't have actually happened at all?

Do I have that right?
    The interaction happened with Lutri.

Lutri would pull chord on each etb and you could get another lutri with chord, rinse repeat.

Kinda like the naru meha loop

if you built this with only lutri as creature you could make greg loop untill blue in the face
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    critman said:
    So not Vadrok, not Lutri.... does anyone have any idea why it was so important to patch Chord of Calling?
    Sorry remembered it wrong. 

AFAIK vadrok doesn't fill the charge up mana in chord though