Survey: MPQ Heros

Options
2»

Comments

• Hero Points:
    Do you buy your HP and ISO from the store or do you 'farm' them? - No I'm totally F2P.

Hero's and Covers
    Do you buy your covers or do you wait for tokens? - F2P.
    Do you continually buff your hero's up or not? - No I tend to hoard them.
    Have you sold any heros? - Only Thorverine post-nerf. I regret it.
    What is the weakest hero in your opinion? - Yelena. Bagman is actually useful for goons.
    Who is the strongest? - Patch.
    How many hero's have you got? - All of them, even Yelena.
    What hero's do you want to see? - All of them.

Event Leader Boards
    Who has actually been in the top 5 in an event? - Me.
    Who of you has actually won the event? - Me, though not for a while.

General
    Have you encountered any problems with MPQ? - Assuming you mean glitches, not really, though emails/tickets are totally screwed.
    What is the best feature of MPQ? - Frequency of events.
    What is the worst? - Imbalance of 2-skill characters, so very long overdue...
  • Hero Points:

Do you buy your HP and ISO from the store or do you 'farm' them? I've bought HP but not ISO which is way overpriced IMO.

Hero's and Covers

Do you buy your covers or do you wait for tokens? I bought a couple of spidey blue covers so I could do PvE events but that's it. Lately I probably win most of the covers i've used and tokens normally just become ISO.
    Do you continually buff your hero's up or not? If you mean level them up then yes. I have a habit of getting them to 60-70 ish when they are used in an event but have only got a few over 70 (and only 3 at 100+)
    Have you sold any heros? Only duplicate covers. I'm a bit of a collector so i've kept **** heroes i'll never use icon_e_smile.gif
    What is the weakest hero in your opinion? Yelena or Bagman. Both are so attrocious I can't decide between them.
    Who is the strongest? 1* M.Storm, 2* OBW/Thor, 3* Spidey if you enjoy boredom, 4* lol.
    How many hero's have you got? All of them with no duplicates
    What hero's do you want to see? New ones although I could accept a 3* lazy modern storm icon_e_smile.gif

Event Leader Boards

Who has actually been in the top 5 in an event? Yep, fairly often
    Who of you has actually won the event? I think I have 13 4* covers and have sold a single IW yellow I didn't need from an event I only aimed for top 5 in. All those are from wins IIRC

General

Have you encountered any problems with MPQ? Incorrect rewards a few times
    What is the best feature of MPQ? It's mindless fun
    What is the worst? **** PvE scaling that forces me to abuse spidey
  • Why no one point out the the plural of hero is heroes yet?
  • Hero Points:

Do you buy your HP and ISO from the store or do you 'farm' them? Farm only for ISO, have never bought any. try to win Hero Points when i cn but if i have a new character to recruit and they are due to expire i will drop a few ponds on 600 HP and recruit them that way, this is all I use HP for.

Hero's and Covers

Do you buy your covers or do you wait for tokens? Wait for tokens
    Do you continually buff your hero's up or not? Buff? If you mean do i use boosts then yes i use them if i have them on difficult battles, never pay for more boosts though.
    Have you sold any heros? in the beginning I did and regretted it so now I dont sell anybody
    What is the weakest hero in your opinion? Probably Bagman
    Who is the strongest? From my experience with my roster the strongest is 2*Thor, both Storms are awesome too though
    How many hero's have you got? 33
    What hero's do you want to see? i would like more villains in general, not sure who though!

Event Leader Boards

Who has actually been in the top 5 in an event? no
    Who of you has actually won the event? no

General

Have you encountered any problems with MPQ? Occasional Comm Link Disrupted
    What is the best feature of MPQ? Being marvel icon_e_biggrin.gif
    What is the worst? Broken MMR and ridiculously long healing times
  • Going to answer these in chunks-

Hero Points:

Do you buy your HP and ISO from the store or do you 'farm' them?

I earn/grind for ISO. I only occasionally buy HP for extra roster spots. I would consider buying the first cover of colors I haven't unlocked if that was an option though...my hulk is so depressed only having green.
  • Do you buy your covers or do you wait for tokens? I mostly wait for tokens. I occasionally bought some with ISO when I started. Not so much now.

Do you continually buff your hero's up or not? I level them all with ISO but I don't buy buffs if that's what you're asking.

Have you sold any heroes? yes but none that I'd put more than a level or two in.

What is the weakest hero in your opinion? I personally don't understand Moonstone but have seen others use her well. Any 3* with no levels. I was so excited to get Invisable woman but she dies and does nothing useful as she is.

b]Who is the strongest?[/b] Characters with killer attacks and heal to keep going. For me it's wolverine.

How many hero's have you got? 25

What hero's do you want to see? Jarvis! A cool ball of light that hacks and sets up disasters and board control! Who else? Coulson? Mockingbird? The young avengers like Wiccan and Kate Hawkeye!
  • Who has actually been in the top 5 in an event? Not by the time the event has ended. icon_e_wink.gif

Who of you has actually won the event? not me.

General

Have you encountered any problems with MPQ? com link disruption and being unsure how certain abilities work.
    What is the best feature of MPQ? being marvel and fun!
    What is the worst? since everyone wants to win their shield training matches there is no place to play around with newer/low leveled characters. Even when I replay prologue I end up killing the villians before I can activate the new characters abilities. Also needing more even match ups in pvp events or getting rid of skip tax.
  • Justdangit wrote:
    Why no one point out the the plural of hero is heroes yet?

Why no one point out that you used 'the' twice icon_razz.gif
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hero Points:

Farm. I cannot justify the cost of buying for the current ripoff prices. A better pricing point is needed. I have on one single occasion spent money to buy the smallest possible amount of HP. I needed the roster slot to accommodate a rare cover and could not spare to remove from my active team.

Hero's and Covers
    Do you buy your covers or do you wait for tokens?

Tokens. Tokens are plentiful for standard heroes and as far as heroics go, they come at a steady enough rate. Given the steady trickle, the amount of HP required to buy covers or cover packs is better invested in roster slots. Also, if you translate back from HP to real money, those are again ripoff prices for what you get back. Especially since everything is random.

Do you continually buff your hero's up or not?

ISO gets distributed evenly amongst heroes according to contributed worth. I.e. heavy-hitters get a larger total share, but equally distributed among them, as do healers, well-working combos or covers that receive major buffs in long running events. Unused filler gets comparitively less or nothing at all until they can become actually usefull. (This includes most low-cover 3-stars.)
    I use buffs sparingly, basically only if I am really going to need them or if I know it will give me a very distinct tactical advantage. The exception is if I have some stacks that are topped off at 30 or nearing that point. I will consume those up until roughly 22 remain.

Have you sold any heros?

To make room for three stars or good two stars, yes.

What is the weakest hero in your opinion?

Bagman. No contest. Given the fact that the AI even uses his Snarky Remark to increase countdowns on its own tiles, he probably has the illustrious honor of being the only cover that is capable of granting a negative net contribution to a team. (That "Kick me" label isn't stuck to his back for nothing.)

Who is the strongest?

Spiderman. 2 AP stun. Completely overpowered.
    Other than that: PvE Daken, Juggernaut or Ares with their player-enforced level caps put aside.

How many hero's have you got?

What hero's do you want to see?

Rocket Raccoon would be nice. Emma Frost too.
    More of the Fantastic Four is good as well.

Event Leader Boards

Who has actually been in the top 5 in an event?

Check!

Who of you has actually won the event?

Close once, but was denied at literally the last minute.

General

Have you encountered any problems with MPQ?

There was that one time where the Steam version o fthe game would crash on close.
    Other than that;
    PvE scaling causing me to hit brick walls halfway through events each time,
    event closing times being disproportionately unfair against European players,
    and the occasional downtime / connection failures messing with my ability to properly grind out points for events.
    The usual suspects.

What is the best feature of MPQ?

The Marvel IP and the nice dialogue scenarios, which are occasionally quite funny.

What is the worst?

Broken PvE scaling and PvP MMR, hands down.
    Aside from that; the compulsive need the developers seem to have to make every part of the game play competitively.
  • Hero Points:

Almost exclusively farming, although I bought one package of Logan's Loonies just to expand my roster once I started the "event" content

Hero's and Covers

Tokens
    Do you continually buff your hero's up or not?
    Once I get enough covers to buff a hero to lvl 30, 69, 85, I'll increase them to that level
    Have you sold any heros?
    Sold some one stars for space
    Yelena, at least bagman can get more HP/Match damage
    Who is the strongest?
    Spidey, obviously
    All of them except the 4*s
    Thing, DIRK ANGER

Event Leader Boards

yep
    nope

General

Even after the latest fixes I still get stuck in "loading hell" sometimes
    Frequent rewards icon_e_biggrin.gif
    What is the worst?
    The way you can't play at your own pace - rubberbanding means you have to play in certain time windows (right before the sub/event ends) to do well, "required character" nodes and tournaments mean you frequently have to do well in one event to have a chance in the next couple of events... it feels like you have to always hit the 9-day events hard and relentlessly or you fall behind too much
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have purchased both. In a tight pinch, I'm far more likely to buy HP than I am iso.

I prefer to let a character sit in my inventory until I can gather all 13 covers organically. But I have to admit to buying several covers due to impatience.

Do you continually buff your heroes up or not?
    No, not really. I'll sprinkle in buffs here and there when my inventory is near full, just so I'm not throwing them away.

Have you sold any heroes?
    Countless.

Punisher. He's only tough when he's got a big gun; otherwise he's just, like, a normal guy.

Who is the strongest?
    Hulk is strongest one there is.

I didn't realize this survey required math.

Spider-Man (black costume) and She-Hulk (FF costume)

You want me to list them all?

I think I won an event once. Wait, THE event? I haven't won the event yet. Maybe next year.

It sucks up too much of my time.

All the fine people I get to meet and fight.

What is the worst?
    Skipping tax. Let us fight who we want.
  • Hero Points:
    Early on I purchased $5 worth of HP to open some slots. Been farming ISO and HP ever since

Hero's and Covers
    Never purchased a cover. Don't really see the point (yet?) in buying covers when I don't have enough ISO to give the characters I already have.
    I tend to stockpile buffs and use when needed. Ditto for health packs.
    Sold Ragnarok to make room for 3* Mags, Doom, and one other (Hulk) I got on the same day. Only had enough HP to buy two slots. I've sold every 1* except my original three, and sold Bullseye when I needed room again.
    I'm no fan of 3* Iron Man
    Not sure who the single strongest character is, I tend to work in pairs. C. Storm and Magneto Now, for instance.
    27 total characters
    Mystique, Dark Beast, Iron Patriot, Emma Frost, Namor, Ms. Marvel. Luke Cage would be cool, if they move the story to Shadowland, that opens up more possibilities.

Event Leader Boards
    I've been in the Top 5, but haven't won any events

General
    Two or three crashes and knocked me for health before I could make a move. Email support proved useless
    ...it's fun when it's not frustrating?
    Worst part of the game is tapping. Two taps to get into the game, tap to get a reward, tap arrow navigation, constantly killing pop-up reminders.