Turn purple back on please.

2»

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great info, thanks fellas. Takes the sting out a little. 5 more pulls today, still running. 
  • jp1
    3 more pulls. Curse is broken and an IHulk token brings him to 11 covers. Looks like I probably won’t finish Havok...but if I had to choose between the two, obviously Hulk gets the nod.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    LOL.  Me too.  Had 30 4s in a row (recent 5* pull rate is well under 10%).  Finally got a Havok.  Still need 3 more.  And for the first time in years, I'm almost out of HP.  Max champ 4s and relentless releases are grinding me down.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    3 more pulls. Curse is broken and an IHulk token brings him to 11 covers. Looks like I probably won’t finish Havok...but if I had to choose between the two, obviously Hulk gets the nod.

Definitely!  Havok is solidly in the "good but not Meta" category - he just doesn't have any mechanics that can mesh well with another character like AP gen, board shake, or tile conversion.  On the other hand, iHulk is already kind of meta with Okoye (in PVE at least, in PVP it's definitely good but is stopped cold by Bill/Kitty teams, at least when they're attacking you.  Finding ways of using Kitty's red is one of the ways I find fun in this game...)  His mechanics also have the potential of interacting with other characters as well - he can be a green generator, board shake, and if you let him die a few times, serious tank.  iHulk has real possibilities.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Havok - mutant and x man. Single color overlap with Apoc & gives a blue outlet for 5PX. The AP conversion isn’t too bad either. Still not meta, but more useful than often given credit for.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    krakenoon said:
    Havok - mutant and x man. Single color overlap with Apoc & gives a blue outlet for 5PX. The AP conversion isn’t too bad either. Still not meta, but more useful than often given credit for.
    Yeah, but you are describing as useful third wheel. A catcher who compliments other characters that you really want to bring along.  And since Gambit was nerfed,
    all meta teams in mpq have been at least 2 characters.  And most game nodes require at least some pick 2.

So good-but-not-meta characters are WAY less useful than meta ones. Far more so than the when comparing meh characters to trash tier ones.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Well, he’s no Karolina Dean...
  • StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    These dry spells are ridiculously. I've been tracking since January 2019.

The good news: tracking for 2019 left me at a pull rate of 17.85%. I was beating the odds.

The bad news: reality has set in for 2020 and this year's pull rate is at 10.5%. Currently in a 28 in a row 4* streak (along with 21 and 45 streaks earlier as well).

My overall rate for as long as I've been tracking is at 15.05%.  So it's right where it "should be," but at what cost? How much longer will my cold run go on for until I start pulling 5*? Sinister left at just 5 covers (with one from shards). Havok is at 7. Hulk has just 3 and I still don't have an Apocalypse or Yelena.

How do you keep up enthusiasm to play (or spend money) when the return is so deflatting?
  • jp1
    I definitely feel the discouragement as well. After this last stream broke it was followed by 2 IHulks and a Yelena within 10 pulls, so that was nice.

I covered Sinister with with an additional 8 levels, so technically...better planning on my behalf could have resulted in Havok being covered before he leaves.

As it stands I’m at Havok (11), IHulk (12), Yelena (2). Things could be worse. I have still been spending though, not as much as usual, and grinding SCL 10 every time.

A little bonus for the end of my streak was bonus Shards for 5 Thor giving me his 13th cover and my 19th 5* champ. They have it figured just where the breaking point is and then hit you with a payoff it seems. Although, I’m not sure I’d get through a 90+ streak like @The rockett.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards

How do you keep up enthusiasm to play (or spend money) when the return is so deflatting?
    Playing or not is one thing, it's time and maybe you are doing it while watching something else or exercising or whatever.

Paying is another.  I have come down firmly on the side of "pay for what you think it is worth".  Just like anything else.  Brand loyalty is a concept that all companies hope to instill in you, but if your experience isn't meeting what you expect/want it is foolish, IMO, to spend money on it.  Or spending more than what you think it's worth, at any rate.