Turn purple back on please.

Options
jp1
jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2020 in MPQ General Discussion
Going on 40 pulls without a 5*. Something needs to be done about this considering the new economy. Havok will be the first five I probably won’t cover since 5 Kingpin just pulling as I go (and spending). If the spending doesn’t help my goal I’m not motivated to keep doing it (obviously). 

Anyway, the shortened time span, reduced resources, and no streak breaker is really screwing us five star players in my opinion. 

Anyone else feeling the strain?

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Of course. I’ve been pretty lucky with pull rates lately, but had a bad streak not long ago when I burned way too much CP in Yaloney’s release store hoping for Okoyes.  Then Poccy came along and showed how dumb that was.   My Havok has 12 covers and 4 saved blues and I’m done pulling for his mediocre kit. There is a decent chance my iHulk won’t even get fully covered since I need 10 (plus maybe can get one from 5Es?) and he’s almost certainly leaving in 5 weeks. 

We will never get a true streak breaker for 5’s, I think. We have shards (partial covers) in PVE and PVP, shards/targeting and the occasional bonus shards. 
  • jp1
    Options
    I guess, the thing is, I feel that it was done by design. Not the bad pull rate, but the inefficient economy. I’m having a hard time reconciling with why they want to discourage paying players from continuing as before. Perhaps they figure squeezing the mega whales will even everything out? 

Really trying to mimic the real world economy as much as possible I suppose. Make things more accessible to the rich, tax the middle (I fall somewhere near the top of this bracket in terms of MPQ spending), and screw the poor.

They have made the four star tier more accessible which is a good thing, I don’t think they had to gate off the five star tier to accomplish it though. They really need to explore more revenue options, particularly player friendly types.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    What you are describing is likely the intended outcome of the recent changes:

(1)  More pressure on veteran players from reduced cp/HP rewards abs a faster release rate
    (2)  then offer a direct buy (fomo-fueled) outlet for that pressure via the shards store and shard/hp bundles.
    (3) profit
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 5* pull rate has been in the toilet. I assume it's just bad luck, though.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    My 5* pull rate has been in the toilet. I assume it's just bad luck, though.
    As someone who went 0/27 for *any* five star in the Yelena vault, I can sympathize.  I didn't even bother trying to pull from the Apoc vault, since I had Iceman champed and don't really care much about Star Lord.
  • jp1
    Options
    @jp1 are you playing in 10 for PVE? I am and for me it pretty much means double the time spent in game for less progress overall. It’s awful. 
    Yes, since they nerfed SCL 9 I can’t afford to play down. So! I’m loving the double time investment as well.
  • jp1
    Options
    Another 10 pulls. What’s the record for the boards? Maybe I will break it...silver linings.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    Another 10 pulls. What’s the record for the boards? Maybe I will break it...silver linings.
    I think someone went 74 or so, at least once. My worst streak is 46. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    52 for me. You are three away from breaking my personal record. 
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is the no 5* streak counted for only one store? Or across multiple stores?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine was in Latest Legends alone during a hoard break. I had to go back to my “I’m finally a 5* player” thread to find the number. But it was indeed from a single store. 
  • jp1
    Options
    52 for me. You are three away from breaking my personal record. 
    Good to know I’m not alone. Figured the game might be broken, but then I have to look at all my lucky streaks and remember I am now paying for those. It’s frustrating though.
  • jp1
    Options
    atomzed said:
    Is the no 5* streak counted for only one store? Or across multiple stores?
    Just LL for me.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,626 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I went something like 63 I believe. That was across everything I think.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Daredevil217 @jp1 I remember my longest dry spell was around 40+ too. But it’s often broken up by multiple 5* in quick succession. Like say 0-47 (all 4*), 48 (5*), 49 (5*), 50 (5*). So take heart that the pulls will get better after the dry spells! (And hopefully the bunches of 5* comes during a good trio)

@DAZ0273, the 15% is “guaranteed” for infinite pulls from a single store. It doesn’t really work if you pull across multiple stores, which is why hoarders often advise to pull from one store. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    93 pulls.....yea I was not happy. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I remember reading feedback to implement streak breaker for CP pulls. If I did not remember wrongly, the dev replied to that post and mentioned that it will likely involve some changes like decreasing the odds. Is this something that sits well for you guys? The odds will probably look something like 1: 8 to 1:10 instead of 1:7.

My longest dry run was around 40+ pulls, but I did get a string of 5* after that.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,626 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    atomzed said:
    @Daredevil217 @jp1 I remember my longest dry spell was around 40+ too. But it’s often broken up by multiple 5* in quick succession. Like say 0-47 (all 4*), 48 (5*), 49 (5*), 50 (5*). So take heart that the pulls will get better after the dry spells! (And hopefully the bunches of 5* comes during a good trio)

@DAZ0273, the 15% is “guaranteed” for infinite pulls from a single store. It doesn’t really work if you pull across multiple stores, which is why hoarders often advise to pull from one store. 
    About 90% of the pulls was from Latest. I turned to other stores to see whether there was something wrong with my account and the duck was finally broken with an arbitrary pull from Classics. Then the tap got turned back on everywhere. It is almost like the game decided to test me and my patience, although of course that is just insane paranoia!