Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: May, 2020 (Updated 5/7/20)

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    Fight For Wakanda (4/30/20) - 4 Day Event *New Update*
    This event has the following changes from the previous versions of it:
     - Loaned Black Panther (King) available in the 1v1 battles
    Is that the 4* version?
    Black Panther (King of Wakanda) is p4nther, yeah. we've been seeing non-standard abbreviations on these previews lately it seems. I'm fairly sure FFW was his and shuri's release event way back when
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    Fight For Wakanda (4/30/20) - 4 Day Event *New Update*
    This event has the following changes from the previous versions of it:
     - Loaned Black Panther (King) available in the 1v1 battles
    Is that the 4* version?
    Black Panther (King of Wakanda) is p4nther, yeah. we've been seeing non-standard abbreviations on these previews lately it seems. I'm fairly sure FFW was his and shuri's release event way back when
    Exactly right.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    The entirity of the difficulty in FFW was from the hazard tiles - I was always curious how that would play at SCL10, and with so many of the newer characters like BRB who would just stay flush with blue and green on sub...2 was it? when the protects were everywhere? I'm curious if it will even have any of that old character without it.
    I always found it funny that the hazard tiles were labelled as 'neutral' except for the fact that they always favored the AI.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, they never quite got that sorted out lol; all those countdowns always did whatever they were doing at the worst time for the player.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    @shardwick
    I can only imagine. Both are at rather low coverage. I have a few 5s I don’t see him being great with. Might work in a Carbusa. Truly what I need at this point are shards for those 2 and the like... and of course Kitty. This is not to mention the covers I need to champ R4G and G4mora.

This is why dilution sucks and transitioners feel it the most. I spend, but not at the rates they’re asking to progress from the collection portion of 4 star land to the play area.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    My guess is Sentry 4 next .  Louise is Bob’s wife on Bob’s Burgers . 
      Alternate theory : Jeez or G’s , who is GG?  Green Goblin 4 next 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    krakenoon said:
    @shardwick
    I can only imagine. Both are at rather low coverage. I have a few 5s I don’t see him being great with. Might work in a Carbusa. Truly what I need at this point are shards for those 2 and the like... and of course Kitty. This is not to mention the covers I need to champ R4G and G4mora.

This is why dilution sucks and transitioners feel it the most. I spend, but not at the rates they’re asking to progress from the collection portion of 4 star land to the play area.
    Ahh ok. Well, as bad as dilution is you really only need a very small handful of characters to have a solid game. For Rocket you need five yellow covers to get him started. You need either 3* Gamora or Star Lord. You need 4* Juggernaut at 5/5/0 since his blue is pretty useless so prioritize the other colors first. You need 3* Strange and you need Nico Minoru until you can get a decent Kitty. And until you get a decent Nico you can use 3* Falcon. That's it. That's your base and then you add in Bishop, Medusa, 4* Capt Marvel, Worthy Cap and America. 
  • bluewolf
    I was kind of surprised they were running iHulk as a 5E again, but then maybe they are making up a little for shorting us on his shards (while giving us Yelena shards).  If so, thank you!  I think there are a lot of players chasing him.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    I was kind of surprised they were running iHulk as a 5E again, but then maybe they are making up a little for shorting us on his shards (while giving us Yelena shards).  If so, thank you!  I think there are a lot of players chasing him.
    If they aren't giving more shards, they are still shorting us.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    CHARACTERS
    "Jeez Louise!" New character information coming soon!

(4/30/20 - 5/7/20) *New Update*
    • 3-Star: Angel, Elektra, Good, Magneto, Vision
    Apparently the new character is 3* Good ;-)

Seriously though, appreciate the update.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    axmoss said:
    bluewolf said:
    If they aren't giving more shards, they are still shorting us.
    Not really. It's going to happen to every new 5* going forward, by design, so we aren't being "shorted" anything. It's just part of the normal release cycle.

It's clever design on their end, because it pressures people to spend, without falling into the pitfall of being outright unfair or pay-to-win like many mobile games. And really, as players, we should want that, because it keeps the game funded.

And that's why running his 5E again as the first of the next three Latest is to our benefit. It's only a week's difference, but it helps people get a cover from shards sooner (whether it's the only cover they need to attempt 5E nodes, an extra cover to make them competitive, or a last cover for those trying to champ each new character as they come out), and that REMOVES a little bit of pressure to spend.

There's a little bit of give and take there, rather than, again, just being outright unfair like many mobile games. 
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    In the Fight for Wakanda event does the 3v3 Join Forces node with Karnak on the main page disappear and get replaced with a new node on day 2 or is it the same for 4 days.
  • bluewolf
    MrPlow said:
    In the Fight for Wakanda event does the 3v3 Join Forces node with Karnak on the main page disappear and get replaced with a new node on day 2 or is it the same for 4 days.
     I found an old video of a playthrough, and day 2 adds 2 one-time nodes to the main page, but the Join Forces node is still there (they had green-checked it already for some reason).  So I assume it stays the whole time.
  • bluewolf
    edited April 2020
    @IceIX

Which season (Mind etc) is the new PVP season going to be?  It's not indicated on here.
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Just past my two year mark i dont think ive ever played Wakanda. Anything i should know? Weird subs etc?

Is the 'story" any good.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Greenroom said:
    Just past my two year mark i dont think ive ever played Wakanda. Anything i should know? Weird subs etc?

Is the 'story" any good.

No, no, and not particularly.
  • bluewolf
    mbaren said:
    Greenroom said:

Is the 'story" any good.

No, no, and not particularly.
    If you care about the story in events, this one is a trendsetter in terms of starting the pattern of minimizing the between-match dialogue that more recent PVEs have embraced.

The devs know that once you’ve played these things a couple of times, you’re just skipping those scenes to get to the match. Hence there’s little point in spending a lot of time and effort on them, especially for repeatable nodes that you are trying to grind as quickly as possible. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be nice an option for to chose language. Its settled by default and some dialogues are just hillarious. You can trace the bad translation at glance lol
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Without those hazard tiles, Fight for Wakanda will be just like other PvEs.

I think FFW has great concept and  it is challenging. Unfortunately, it garnered a lot of hates. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    From memory it was really only one day of the event which people hated, the rest wasn't too bad. Shame if it has been gutted, not tried new version yet myself.