Any good combos for silver surfer in this next pve?...

He seems so bad... With whom do you guys think he can be paired to beat the challenge nodes in cl10 for instance?

Ps: I think the devs request for feedback is really frustrating when we see chars like this. It is right in front of their noses...

Ps: waiting to hear from you feedback on good teams with ss. Thank you!

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards

He may have been silver once, but power creep has left him tarnished and dull.

He definitely needs some polishing up.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 236 Tile Toppler

I agree. With slight tweaks, he would be a fun character to play but even boosted there will probably be better options for the challenge node.

He could be a third to Thorkoye, gives an outlet for black. Imagine how much fun that would be if the cost of the black hole was appropriate. Drop the cost down to 7 instead of 12. He still wouldn't be overpowered.

I think it is ridiculous that it costs 12 ap to gain 15 random ap. Plenty of 4's have way better ap gathering abilities.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020

SS is not bad, but he was never strong and looks silly compared to modern support 5s. He and DD were my first 5 true healing pair, so i used them slot in 2017 and 2018.

He plays well with DD and thanos at the 5* tier and with vulture or c&d in the 4* tier.

He is also almost unique in his absolute immunity to stun, so be sure to use that whenever possible.

Finally, I don't think he is an ap acelerator, but more of an ap arbitrage machine. He won't speed you up much at all, but he can make sure you have ap of whatever color you find most essential as the match progresses. So figure out what color you want, and then use blue + black in concert to make sure you have a steady supply. And if you don't have a better option, use blue on blue to keep his cycling.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards

Okoye and DD is a decent, but slow pair with him. Good color coverage, a stun, a dmg booster, and healing to go around. With the 650's though, unless you've got lots of champ levels, the AI is going to be able to one-shot you with even decent firepower enemies.

I'm finding it difficult to consistently defeat 650's without relying almost totally on BRB+Kitty.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards

I used Okoye Thor and even complete the challenge node 4 times with this team. Surfers true heal was nice and also having him tank colors made it easy when venom tried to stun.

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards

Borstock, me too, though I realised that BRB+Kitty is not foolproof but consistent pair.

Brb + kitty is a great team against 3* and 4* opponents, as their match dmg isn’t so great.

Against 650 teams of 5*, like the freaking Carnage, they can deal 10k dmg per move. Brb + kitty is too slow to deal with this type of teams. I would then resort to using Thorokoye + Iceman, so that I can stun lock the opposite team as quick as possible.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

@Borstock said:
    Okoye and DD is a decent, but slow pair with him. Good color coverage, a stun, a dmg booster, and healing to go around. With the 650's though, unless you've got lots of champ levels, the AI is going to be able to one-shot you with even decent firepower enemies.

I'm finding it difficult to consistently defeat 650's without relying almost totally on BRB+Kitty.

I do not have a champed kitty, so this option is not available to me. But I find that 650s basically require some form of super damage output. Too much can go wrong if you try to chew through 650 health with regular 450-475 damage output.

Without a viable kitty, the only damage boosters I have are okoye, DD's double dipping with strikes, 4* Gamora's passive, and strikes boosted with Carol. Now that I have Karnak champed he may also be viable. The trick is finding a team combo that can both survive the damage you need to eat against 650s, and also contains one of those damage boosters.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

I feel Karnak is probably the more reliable Crit Factory these days over Main Event. Mine is waiting on iso though, so i've only played him heavily when he's on a required node.

Silver Surfer may accelerate/benefit from WCap/Hawkeye with all his charge tile spam as well; my SS is pretty under-covered though, so I'll likely only be using him on the featured node myself.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

I probably need to spend some time with Surfer, see what his deal is a little better. I don't get too bothered by color overlap when I'm building teams, particularly if there's an available battery, but replacing main event with karnak means you'd want to replace Switch with somebody else too, so I can see that would disrupt the whole point of that one.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2020

I had fun yesterday with SS, Karnak, and Chavez. Just wanted to exploit the enhanced match/crit damage. Overlap wasn’t bad as it gives you options: heal Surfer or deal damage? ME Hulk is never a bad option and my buddy, @MizzouAntler, pointed out that Karnak and Switch both have passives that resolve on the 4th turn leaving you with an immediate 3 crits.

I was able to clear scl10 with 0-2 healthpacks with this team.

• captainheath

I was trying to use SS as much as possible, but about halfway through I realized that it was taking way longer to use him boosted than to just use the old reliables that make things faster.

• Jexy
    Jexy Posts: 52 Match Maker

The Hunt is so boring, ugh

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards

@captainheath said:
    I was trying to use SS as much as possible, but about halfway through I realized that it was taking way longer to use him boosted than to just use the old reliables that make things faster.

Yeah, I've mostly been using him in his essential node (with 50Thor and Karnak - with red, green and yellow low on the board you can get some big blue and black matches) and with 50Thor on the other essential nodes. Apart from that the best.combo is not him. Thor, Okoye, Sabretooth has dealt with everything else.

• captainheath

I usually go Thor, Okoye, Professor X for speed.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor

Just came out of the challenge node with SS, chavez and Karnak. Not saying it is truly intimidating, but I had 0 wipes and full health on opening clears (4x).

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards

Heh...just beat the LVL 650 Challenge Node with Surfer (LVL 562 when boosted) Kitty Pryde (LVL 452) and....2-star Black Widow (LVL 144 :). Her purple prevented Venom from firing off more than one of his abilities, and Surfer had plenty of blue AP to heal himself up after he took 70K damage from a Symbiotic Fury. Once Venom went down, Kitty fired off her yellow and created nine protect tiles that were subsequently boosted to insane levels. Kitty also prevented Bullseye's protect tiles from getting too out of control, and also took care of any protects that Moonstone control shifted away.

Granted, the match took close to 25 minutes...but I won it!

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,907 Chairperson of the Boards

**Mod note: Moved from General Discussion to MPQ Character Discussion forum. **